Fistula-in-ano

Related Terms: Anal Discomfort, Anal Fistula, Anal Itching, Anorectal Abscess, Constipation, Fistula Surgery, Diabetes

After fistulectomy, when can I get back to work?
Query: Hi doctor, I have undergone fistulectomy and right now in bed rest. I am taking sitz bath, three times a day with Betadine solution and then Betadine cream. Also, I am on antibiotics. I am a working in IT sector and my work requires a sitting time of 8 hours approximately. So, when can I go ba...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Goel
General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fistula-in-ano is a chronic and debilitating illness. I must first congratulate you for getting it operated. After the surgery, you can resume your routine work after two week's time. This will allow the operated site to heal properly. You can start sports after a month. ...  Read Full »

Will anal fistula heal on its own?
Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with fistula-in-ano before eight years. I just consulted multiple physicians and surgeons. They all said to wait and watch and put me on antibiotics. Two years later, my fistula has closed on its own and there is no pus discharge or abscess forming. The healing was fast an...  Read Full »
Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fistula-in-ano is a surgical condition and cannot be cured by medicines only. Yes, antibiotic has minor role just to prevent infection. If fistula tract develops an infection then from which an abscess will develop and later the fistula tract may extend. External fistula ...  Read Full »

Why am I having water like discharge after anal fistula surgery?
Query: Hello doctor, I was operated for anal fistula four months back. I was made to take sitz bath and antibiotics. The wound is all right and there was no problem till 15 days back when I started feeling waterlike discharge from anus especially when I walk for a distance. There is no foul smell. Sometim...  Read Full »
Dr. Dhaval Thakkar
General Surgeon

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.You must know and remember that anal fistula is a condition which has got fairly high recurrence rate, meaning it has a tendency to occur again after the operation. Complete cure is very difficult. I strongly suspect that you have got fistula-in-ano again. Please consult...  Read Full »

Ayurvedic Management of Anal Fistula
Article Overview: This article discusses in detail about ksharsutra, a unique therapy and a minimal invasive para surgical measure practiced in the management of anal fistula or Bhagandara cases.  Read Article »
Dr. Gandhidas S Lavekar

The Kshara karma is one of the Anushastra karma, a minimal invasive para-surgical measure. Ksharsutra is the method of Ksharakarma mainly employed in fistula-in-ano (anal fistula) and hemorrhoids (piles). This unique method has many advantages over conventional surgical methods, as this is an a ...  Read Article »

Why do I have pain in my scrotum even after antibiotics?
Query: Hello doctor,A yellowish liquid was coming from the tip of my penis a year ago. I then visited a urologist. He gave me an antibiotic course for a week. It then went away. After this, two months ago, I underwent a fistula-in-ano surgery. The doctor gave me tablet Ziprax 200 DT and Painwell medic...  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What was the histopathological examination report of the fistula track that was excised? How is the urine flow? Do you need to strain to pass urine? How many times do you need to get up at night to void? Was a urethral catheter inserted after the surgery? ...  Read Full »

Which ayurvedic medicine can be used to treat hemorrhoids and constipation?
Query: Hi doctor, Kindly tell me the ayurvedic medicines for hemorrhoids third grade and constipation. Which is safe and what dietary control should be taken for this till it gets healed without any allopathic processes.  Read Full »
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mostly piles generate after changing food habits and lifestyles. Frequently constipated bowel, sedentary lifestyle, smoking, and drinking may cause piles. Third-grade piles need Ksharasutra ligation treatment along with ayurvedic medications. Now it can be managed natur...  Read Full »

Am I suffering from pneumonia?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having fever for about a month now. So, I have done a master health checkup and the report shows raised PLBS 184, SGPT 121, LDL 112 and fatty liver. My chest x-ray PA view shows right lower zone soft tissue opacity. Because of the soft tissue opacity fever pack, thyroid profile, bloo...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on these reports, you are suffering from pneumonia. As your PPBS (postprandial blood sugar) is high, you need further evaluation and treatment. I would advise you to get a CT chest done. Also, get a sputum fungal stain and culture done. Check HbA1...  Read Full »

Can you suggest a medicine for wet feeling in the anus?
Query: Hi doctor, I have some wet feeling in the anus for the past one year. I had both colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy. The doctor said everything is fine. They said probably the wet feeling is due to sweat. But, I feel it is some liquid discharge from the anus skin. Can you suggest some medication?  Read Full »

Answer: HI, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. It is better to take discharge over swab and send it for culture and sensitivity. If you have any growth over it, then get treated based on the sensitivity. For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask...  Read Full »

Is surgery the only option to cure pilonidal sinus?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 26-year-old male. I have a sitting job (mostly eight to 10 hours a day with no exercise). I was diagnosed with pilonidal sinus a few months ago and was suggested a surgery. As it comes with a long recovery time, I never opted for it. One of the doctors suggested that I just live ...  Read Full »
Dr. Datta Ram Udayagiri
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the clinical images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The reason why this occurs is elusive, although many hypothetical explanations are given. Surgery is the best and only curative option. The wound can be closed without any pr...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Fistula-in-ano? We have medical experts to help you right away.