Fistula Surgery

Related Terms: Ayurvedic Procedure For Anal Fistula, Anal Fistula, Fistula, Ksharasutra Therapy, Anal Discomfort, Anal Itching, Anal Pain

Why am I having water like discharge after anal fistula surgery?
Query: Hello doctor, I was operated for anal fistula four months back. I was made to take sitz bath and antibiotics. The wound is all right and there was no problem till 15 days back when I started feeling waterlike discharge from anus especially when I walk for a distance. There is no foul smell. Sometim...  Read Full »
Dr. Dhaval Thakkar
General Surgeon

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.You must know and remember that anal fistula is a condition which has got fairly high recurrence rate, meaning it has a tendency to occur again after the operation. Complete cure is very difficult. I strongly suspect that you have got fistula-in-ano again. Please consult...  Read Full »

Is surgery the only treatment option for anal fistula?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old male. I am suffering from anal fistula for the last four years. I get pain in the anal region because of this. I just wanted to know whether this will affect my sexual strength. I am feeling difficult to get a good erection also. I have done a scanning and I am goi...  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The curative treatment for fistula is usually surgery. A very few cases of anal fistula heal on its own. You may need an examination under anesthesia prior to the surgery to determine the best surgical plan for your condition. The surgery is performed under general anesth...  Read Full »

CKD patient with high phosphorus content. Is dialysis required now?
Query: Hello doctor, My father is suffering from CKD for the past one year. His creatinine level is 11.05, urea is 144 and uric acid is 5.10. He has no swelling or breathlessness, but his phosphorus content is high 5.80. We have not started the dialysis at the moment. Could you please guide the right wa...  Read Full »
Dr. Krishna Somani
Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After seeing all the details and your father's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to ask few questions. What is his age? How is his appetite? Does he feel nauseated or vomit? Is he losing weight and feels generally unwell? With these ...  Read Full »

I am 88 and the fecal matter comes out of my vagina. What are my options?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 88 yrs old. I have a rectal or vaginal fissure I guess. The fecal matter comes out of my vagina. Sometimes, I have a regular movement but still have a liquid form from the vagina. I do not want surgery. What can I expect for the short term of life I probably have left, if I do n...  Read Full »
Dr. Sujata Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very sad to know about your condition. I can understand that at the age of 88 years, how you feel and suffer. But foremost, you need to get examined by your gynecologist. If it is a rectovaginal fistula, the only way to provide relief is by a minor surgery ...  Read Full »

After fistulectomy, when can I get back to work?
Query: Hi doctor, I have undergone fistulectomy and right now in bed rest. I am taking sitz bath, three times a day with Betadine solution and then Betadine cream. Also, I am on antibiotics. I am a working in IT sector and my work requires a sitting time of 8 hours approximately. So, when can I go ba...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Goel
General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fistula-in-ano is a chronic and debilitating illness. I must first congratulate you for getting it operated. After the surgery, you can resume your routine work after two week's time. This will allow the operated site to heal properly. You can start sports after a month. ...  Read Full »

Will anal fistula heal on its own?
Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with fistula-in-ano before eight years. I just consulted multiple physicians and surgeons. They all said to wait and watch and put me on antibiotics. Two years later, my fistula has closed on its own and there is no pus discharge or abscess forming. The healing was fast an...  Read Full »
Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fistula-in-ano is a surgical condition and cannot be cured by medicines only. Yes, antibiotic has minor role just to prevent infection. If fistula tract develops an infection then from which an abscess will develop and later the fistula tract may extend. External fistula ...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in my scrotum even after antibiotics?
Query: Hello doctor,A yellowish liquid was coming from the tip of my penis a year ago. I then visited a urologist. He gave me an antibiotic course for a week. It then went away. After this, two months ago, I underwent a fistula-in-ano surgery. The doctor gave me tablet Ziprax 200 DT and Painwell medic...  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What was the histopathological examination report of the fistula track that was excised? How is the urine flow? Do you need to strain to pass urine? How many times do you need to get up at night to void? Was a urethral catheter inserted after the surgery? ...  Read Full »

How can I get instant relief from pain due to swelling in anus?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a hard swelling measuring 3/4th finger size from anus on the right side. It hurts while sitting. It started developing five days back and was worst since yesterday. The entire nearby area is sensitive and slightly painful. For your information, I underwent surgery for anal fist...  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like you have a right perianal abscess. It needs to be clinically examined by a surgeon and if required, drained as early as possible. You need to start antibiotics too as you are diabetic which increases the chance of the infection. My antibiotic preference w...  Read Full »

Please suggest ayurvedic treatment for anal blood discharge.
Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from anal blood discharge for the past four months. But I did not take it seriously as I had been traveling. Today I consulted a surgeon and after checking he advised to go for surgery as he discovered fistula. Can you recommend me the Ayurvedic procedure of cure...  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. As you do not want to undergo a surgery, in Ayurveda, Kshar sutra procedure is performed for fistula in the anus. It is a procedure where a medicated thread is bound at your fistula site and after some days your treating physician will change ...  Read Full »

Is surgery the right decision for a fistula in the anal sphincter?
Query: Hello doctor, I have attached the blood reports, medical reports and doctor's prescription of the patient. Doctor advised for the operation. I would require you to please review the attached document and provide your feedback. Thank you.  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case, attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Fistula Surgery? We have medical experts to help you right away.