Flaxseed

Related Terms: High Fibre Diet, Antioxidant, Foods To Lose Weight, Gain Weight, Balanced Diet, Diet Plan, Eating Habits In Children

Adding Flaxseed to Your Diet
Article Overview: Flaxseeds (also called linseeds) are a rich source of micronutrients, dietary fiber, manganese, vitamin B1, and the essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid, also known as ALA or omega-3. Flaxseed is a source of healthy fat, antioxidants, and fiber. Modern research has found evidence to suggest that flaxseed also helps lower the risk of diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Dietician

Flaxseeds also called as alsi in Hindi has many benefits indeed. Lowering Cholesterol Flaxseeds help lower bad cholesterol levels, that is, low-density lipoprotein and very low-density lipoprotein in your body and helps improve good cholesterol, that is, high-density lipoprotein. It can be consume ...  Read Article »

Is consuming flax seeds good for hair growth?
Query: Hello doctor,Is consuming flax seeds good for hair growth? If so can I mix the powder in milk and have it daily?  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, flaxseeds have some nutrients that are good for hair growth. However, it is not the only food that promotes hair growth. Consumption of sprouts and nuts in general provides us many essential nutrients like protein, calcium, zinc, magnesium, iron, etc. You can take...  Read Full »

Please suggest a diet plan for hypothyroidism and high BP.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 50 year old male. My height is 6 feet and my weight is 90 kg. I take regular medications for hypothyroidism and high BP. I am attaching my latest reports. Please suggest a low-carb high-fat vegetarian diet.  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Suryawanshi
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). According to your height, your ideal weight should be 63 kg. You need to reduce at least 25 kg. Your total cholesterol count is high. General suggestions as follows:...  Read Full »

What are the side effects of nutrigain?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having thyroid problem. I would like to use nutrigain powder. Are there any side effects in using it?  Read Full »
Dr. Kahlil Subramanian
Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many ayurveda products available in the market to gain weight. All products contain the same ingredients as the nutrigain has. I do not know whether these products are expected to clear quality assurance or not and the reason is to consider the steroid mixture...  Read Full »

Can I consume some powder to gain weight?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male. My uric acid level is 7.2. Can I consume some powder for gaining weight? Sometime, I feel stiffness and joint pain. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Kahlil Subramanian
Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your uric acid level is merely elevated and it is borderline. But, there is no need to scare all about it. The most excellent way to gain your weight is through exercise and proper diet. You possibly may gain your weight in a healthy approach without taking any kind of s...  Read Full »

Can you suggest a diet plan to reduce my weight and achieve pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old housewife. I am suffering from infertility since I got married seven years ago. I have PCOD, tubal block, and hypothyroidism. I am overweight. All the treatments we took for conception failed. I was advised to reduce my weight by at least 10 %. But, I am unable to ...  Read Full »
Dr. Durga Kumari
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not get scared about your weight. You can reduce it easily by following a good diet plan and with normal walking. I am sending you a diet chart. Please follow it and be in touch with me for the follow-up. Foods to be included are: Fish like salmon (Saiman), t...  Read Full »

I had two gummy vitamins a day before gallbladder surgery. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor,I have gallbladder surgery tomorrow morning and I told the nurse that pre-op I took a multivitamin with my girl. I did not realize we had bought a different type that contains vitamin E and fish oils and flax seed oil. I am now freaking out as I have had two of the gummy vitamins once a...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. They will not postpone your surgery depending on your above vitamin intake. Though you are orally taking more body absorbs only what is required so nothing to worry. They should go ahead with surgery. For more information consult a general su...  Read Full »

Tips To Prevent Iron Deficiency Anemia In Children
Article Overview: Have you as a parent observed symptoms like lethargy in your kids? Or even difficulty in breathing? If so, do get a complete blood test done to check your child’s hemoglobin levels. If the hemoglobin count is too low, your child may be suffering from iron deficiency anemia. It may be due to various reasons. Having a lot of worms may also reflect symptoms like iron deficiency anemia in children. Also, a diet lacking in iron may force your child to develop anemia. Certain malabsorption disorders and gut disorders may also lead to iron deficiency anemia. Piles in children can lead to anemia. Children who are deficient in iron may have certain cravings for non-nutritive foods like chalk. These are symptoms to figure out if your child is deficient in iron.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Paediatrician

Iron deficiency anemia can certainly be prevented by following the tips mentioned below. Make Your Kid Consume Iron Rich Sources Iron deficiency anemia can be prevented by consuming iron-rich foods like a diet consisting of enough greens, chicken, liver, garden cress seeds and flaxseeds. If your c ...  Read Article »

Tips to Prevent Childhood Obesity
Article Overview: Lately, childhood obesity has increased over the past two decades which has become a concern for parents due to various symptoms experienced by their kids like social isolation, body shaming, and various health issues developed by overweight kids at a very early age like high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol levels in the arteries, etc. Let us read how this can be prevented.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Paediatrician

Following are some of the tips to be followed to prevent childhood obesity and lead a healthy lifestyle Limit the Consumption of Trans Fat Foods high in bad fats are pleasant to taste but hazardous to health. Few examples of high fatty foods include pasta, burgers, and pizzas. These foods are high i ...  Read Article »

Top 5 Immune Boosting Foods for Kids
Article Overview: Children these days are prone to various infections like common cold and cough, fever and diarrhea due to improper eating patterns and consuming junk foods. Little are they aware of the unhygienic conditions under which they are prepared. Awareness about consuming foods that will boost their immunity is very important to prevent them from various illnesses. Good immunity is very important as it protects your child from various diseases and infections.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Pedodontist

Good immunity can be developed by eating the following food groups. Fruits And Vegetables Blue, purple and green colored fruits and vegetables contain a pigment called antioxidants which protect your child from various infections by strengthening their immune system. Encourage your kid to consume a ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Flaxseed? We have medical experts to help you right away.