Fluconazole

Related Terms: Clotrimazole, Fungal Infection, Antifungal, Itching, Candid B Cream, Fungal Infection Of The Groin, Itraconazole

How to stop itching due to Fluconazole allergy?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having an allergic reaction (hives) to Fluconazole. What can be done to reverse the side effect of this medication? I already went to the doctor over five times in the last three weeks. This is going on for four weeks. All the doctor does is give me itching medication. ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be a reaction to Fluconazole, but we should rule out other causes as well. As you mentioned that you are not responding to itching medicines like antihistaminics, you need to be started on steroids like Prednisolone. But before starting steroids, I suggest yo...  Read Full »

Why is the rash on my genitals not getting cured even after taking Fluconazole?
Query: Hi doctor,I have a rash on my genitals from a month. So, I went to a venereologist, who told me to take Fluconazole, one tablet for two weeks. As you can see by the photos attached, the rash is still the same even after a month. Please help me diagnose and treat my rashes.  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the rash pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like balanitis, which can be due to fungal infection or bacterial infection. The medications given to you were correct. I suggest you try applying Fusidic acid 2 % cream, Miconazole...  Read Full »

Are the medicines given to me for scabies correct?
Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with scabies, and now I am worried my family also has it. The doctor has prescribed Permethrin cream 5%, Ketoconazole cream, Flutas 150 mg, and Levocetirizine. Are these tablets fine or should I add anything more? What should I do with the furniture and mobile phones? I h...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Permethrin is fine, but Fluconazole and Ketoconazole have no role in scabies. Permethrin has to be applied two times, one week apart and every member of the family should apply it at the same time.Leave the furniture and mobile as it is, as transmission rarely occurs thro...  Read Full »

I have colorless and odorless discharge. Is it due to hormonal imbalance?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old female. I am suffering from white discharge since the last four months. It is colorless, odorless with no itchiness and the quantity of the discharge is more than normal. Two years back, I had a similar problem for which I was advised to take Fluconazole 150 mg thre...  Read Full »
Dr. Sunita Kothari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest starting FAS-3 kit (Fluconazole, Azithromycin, and Secnidazole) weekly, one tab eight hourly for three weeks. Then insert Canesten (Clotrimazole) vaginal cream internally for seven days. Then Candid (Clotrimazole) dusting powder externally. Start tablet Yaz...  Read Full »

I have chlamydia and fungal infection together. Can both medicines be taken?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with chlamydia trachomatis about six weeks ago. After that, I had some discharge and discomfort inside the urethra. They did a PCR test, and the diagnosis was Chlamydia trachomatis. The doctor gave me Azithromycin, I took six pills as a single dose. I still had dischar...  Read Full »
Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, if you can tolerate Doxycycline, you may combine it with Fluconazole. Fungal infection may have occurred as a coincidence. So it may not be due to Doxycycline itself. Another option is to try Cynomycin (Minocycline) 100 mg twice daily for 14 days. You may add an an...  Read Full »

What is this mild swelling and discoloration on my penis?
Query: Hello doctor, I have discoloration on my penis. I do not have any pain. It is just a dark red and seems like peeling. It has been there since two days and there is mild swelling in that area. I have got this for the first time. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from candidial balanitis. Take the following medications: Tablet Apo-Fluconazole (AF) 150, one tablet daily for 10 days. Apply Candid B lotion (Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone dipropionate) twice daily. Revert back after ten days to a dermatologist onlin...  Read Full »

How can I manage a red rash on the tip of the penis with redness on the foreskin?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a slight red rash on the tip of my penis, and there is redness on my foreskin. The retraction of the foreskin is painful. Erections are also affected. There is no discharge. There is no swelling noticed. There is a slight irritation at times. I had a similar problem once long back...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a yeast infection (fungal infection). I suggest you take an oral antifungal tablet Fluconazole 150 mg once daily for three days. Continue with the cream for a week. For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-docto...  Read Full »

Please suggest a remedy for my itching.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a female, aged 22. I started facing some itching problems in my hip region, including the buttock cleft for almost 2 to 2.5 years now. The itching occurs occasionally, but now it has led to darkening of the involved area. Sometimes, small papules arise on the area as well. I am reall...  Read Full »
Dr. Joydeep Singha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most likely, this is tinea incognito. I suggest Clotrimazole 1% cream twice daily for six weeks and additionally tablet Fluconazole 150 mg per week for six weeks. This will give benefit to you. You should also test the stool for helminths and ova of parasites to exclude p...  Read Full »

What is the spot inside my vagina?
Query: Hello doctor,I have a spot on inside vagina. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Meenakshi Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a fungal infection (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But get blood examination like VDRL, HIV, etc. Take tablet Fluconazole 150 mg twice a week, tablet Ciprobid (Ciprofloxacin) 500 mg twice a day for five days, tablet Levocetirizine one tablet tw...  Read Full »

What is the cause of white itchiness on inner thighs and testis and how to cure it?
Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from white itchiness on inner thighs and testis. What is the cause and how to cure it? Do you have any medical advise for it? It occurs when I wear underwear for a long time.  Read Full »
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please maintain good hygiene. Keep the area dry and avoid friction and sweating as much as you can. I suggest applying Hydrozole cream two times daily. Also, capsule Fluconazole 150 mg on Fridays. Take for two Fridays. It is a weekly capsule. Wear loose clothes. F...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Fluconazole? We have medical experts to help you right away.