Medical Advice on "Folic Acid"

The folic acid tablets that you had taken for a month helped to raise your folate levels from 4 to 6. The high level of vitamin B12 can only be explained if you were given a single megadose of vitamin as an intramuscular injection during your chemotherapy. Folate … View thread »

Truly speaking, MTHFR - methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase mutations are widely spread and all most one half of the population is having or carrying these mutations by different extent. By different extent, I mean to say, various levels of affection or … View thread »

Your doctor started medicine on the basis of your delayed periods and considering it as PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). That is why Glycomet (Metformin) and Oosure. You must get yourself investigated and confirm the reason for delay. As for now since 13 days are over … View thread »

I suggest you tablet Folvite 5 mg of Folic acid one tablet per day. The recommended dose of folic acid is a controversial topic. Various doctors favor 1 mg to 5 mg per day. The best part is that the Folic acid has no side effects. It is a water-soluble vitamin and … View thread »

The amount of folic acid or vitamin B available in capsule of Spirulina is not sufficient to meet the daily requirements of these vitamins. So it is important to substitute it by other vitamin supplements. For further clarifications, consult a general medicine physician … View thread »

I suggest you Folic acid supplements and Iron supplements. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent. Send me details of your cycle, so that I can guide you with fertile period. Get your complete blood count and thyroid … View thread »

Preconception vitamin that has been advised universally is Folic acid 0.4 gm per day for normal ladies who wish to conceive and not have any chronic disease like epilepsy (need 5 gm per day) before conception. You did not mention which day of menstrual cycle you did the … View thread »

Yes, it is important to take the above folic acid supplement to prevent cleft palate and lip and also neurological defects in the fetus. Take three months before conception and continue throughout pregnancy. Good luck. For more information consult a childbirth … View thread »

These medications are very safe. I suggest you Folic acid supplements, as it has to be taken three months before planning to for pregnancy. You can discontinue Ovasafe and Duphaston till you want to plan for pregnancy. But, you can continue Folic acid supplements. Even if … View thread »

As this drug is composed of Iron supplement and Folic acid, you can take any available Iron and Folic acid supplement even as two separate medications. You can take it in the morning with orange juice to increase iron absorption. For further information consult an … View thread »

Do you have a question on Folic Acid? We have medical experts to help you right away.