Food Allergy

Related Terms: Allergy, Levocetirizine, Montelukast, Asthma, Sinusitis, Allergen, Childhood Allergies And Asthma

I have food allergy.Will this allergy persist for the rest of my life?
Query: Hello doctor, I have food allergy and I want to learn more about my situation. I have a lot of allergies and I cannot eat almost everything. Is there any test I can take to check and find out if it will go off? Will this allergy persist for the rest of my life? Doctor's report says, 31 years old fem...  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your history and symptoms you need to find out the allergen which is hurting you, by observing your daily lifestyle properly. Best treatment for allergy is to avoid the allergen. You may get relief with tablet Allegra 120mg once daily. There is no definitive ...  Read Full »

How to solve my food allergy?
Query: Hi doctor, A year ago, I have developed sudden severe allergies to foods. Apples and almonds cause itchy, uncomfortable feeling in the throat, difficulty in swallowing and breathing and coughing. Bananas cause nausea, vomiting and stomach pain. Nectarines, peaches, plums and pears cause swelling and...  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Food allergies occur when the immune system overreacts to some types of food, which is supposed to protect your body from pathogens. The best way to deal with these allergies is to avoid theses types of foods as food allergy might be very mild in one time while in anothe...  Read Full »

Can food allergies cause palpitations? Taking Concor 5 for heart palpitations.
Query: Hello doctor, I had my first heart palpitations two years ago. One doctor prescribed me Ciplar LA 20 and Ecospirin 75 for three months. The doctor also suggested Dilzem or Flecarite on SOS basis. I got palpitation even after having the above medicines. Dilzem worked on as needed basis but since it w...  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjib K Sahu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from paroxysmal atrial fibrillation and intermittent ectopic. Food allergies will not cause this problem but if you take spicy food, have lack of sleep, mental or physical stress can aggravate the problem. Usually, these medicines have no or littl...  Read Full »

Eating fatty foods give me severe stomach cramps. What could be the reason?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old female. What could be the cause of a severe stomach pain that happens after eating nuts, seeds, and things with oil in them? By oil, I mean even olive oil and not just greasy foods. This reaction has been happening for a year or so, and I have avoided these foods as ...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Severe stomach pain and cramps can be caused by pancreatitis and food allergy. In your case, both are equally probable. Pancreatitis is a common cause of pain that occurs after the intake of oil-rich foods. Food allergy is a diagnosis of exclusion. I suggest the f...  Read Full »

Is it okay to bring peanut butter on an airplane?
Query: Hi doctor, Is that fine to bring peanut butter (PB) on an airplane? I would like to know the ways that bringing PB on a plane might or might not pose a threat to others? What should you do if you are bringing PB and if you have an allergy and want to keep safe in case someone else brings some on th...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have asked an interesting question. Peanut allergy is one of the most severe food allergies. It can cause itchiness, urticaria, swelling, eczema, sneezing, asthma, abdominal pain, drop in blood pressure and cardiac arrest. It may even result in anaphylactic death i...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest an ointment for quick relief of these itchy bumps.
Query: Hi doctor, I have this skin reaction for around a month now. They are itchy, red and tiny bumps. My doctor gave my Zatamil ointment to use but after that ointment I feel it as spreading. Is there any other ointment that can help to get rid of it quickly?  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel sorry for this situation. The most important aspect that I am interested in is how did you get this rash (attachment removed to protect patient identity)? Is it due to food allergy or medication induced or chemical allergy or plant or insect contact, etc? I suggest...  Read Full »

What are the foods items that should be not given to an asthma patient?
Query: Hello doctor, What are the foods items that should be not given to the asthma patient?  Read Full »
Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you said correctly that asthma patients should always take care of their diets as some food ingredients may cause a severe asthma attack. Grossly we cannot avoid all food types because there is person to person variability to the food allergy. So you should strict...  Read Full »

What could be the cause of a red rash above the lip line?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a red rash slightly above my lip line. It is dry and sometimes a little itchy. I did not use to have it, but it started around the time my partner got on acne medication and it does not go away, with the exception of when I traveled abroad for vacation. For some reason, it went ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern is perioral dermatitis. It may be secondary to cheilitis as well. Also, It may be due to: Cosmetics like lip balm. Contact allergens like a new toothpaste. An irritation secondary to mouthwash and dentrifices. An exposure to an extreme enviro...  Read Full »

Suffering from severely chapped lips. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27-year-old, 5 foot, and relatively an athletic female. I have been suffering from some pretty severe chapped lips. I realized this was common because of the cold weather and dry heat from the furnace, so I was treating them with a two-step process with intensive lip moistener. Ab...  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chapped or cracked lips is usually a common complaint in winters. From your clinical image (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your lip cracking does appear significant. Applying Vaseline and moisturizer are good remedy options. But given recurrences, you ne...  Read Full »

Can you tell the reason for crampy stomach and belching when the scope tests are clear?
Query: Hi doctor,I am in my early 60s. For the last three months, after dinner, I feel indigestion for 2 hours and have a crampy stomach with lots of belchings. Because of this, I am not on regular food. Earlier, I had a few issues, but that was manageable and not so intense. Now, even when not taking food...  Read Full »
Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern for your symptoms. Having normal endoscopy reports does not eliminate other small intestine related causes for indigestion. Constipation itself cause heartburn and belching related to incomplete evacuation due to slow intestinal movement. ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Food Allergy? We have medical experts to help you right away.