Fourth Generation Hiv Test

About "Fourth Generation Hiv Test"

HIV is a sexually transmitted disease which is caused by human immunodeficiency virus. There are various tests to detect the presence of HIV antigens/antibodies. These tests have evolved over time. A fourth-generation test identifies HIV antibodies as well as p24 antigens from the sample. Therefore, this test is more sensitive and helps identify the infection much earlier than a third generation test.

Related Terms: Hiv Testing, Hiv, Elisa Test, Hiv Infection, Hiv Rna Pcr Test, Hiv Risk Factors, Unprotected Sex