Frequent Urination

Related Terms: Urinary Tract Infection, Uti, Urine Analysis, Diabetes, Burning Sensation During Urination, Tamsulosin., Urine Culture

My frequent urination problem stopped after I started masturbating. Are they related?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old male, who weighs 72 kg and 176 cm tall. About 3 to 4 years ago, I was urinating every 5 to 10 minutes, so I used some medicines. It took about two months to get rid of this illness, but it did not heal completely. For the first two years, I was urinating in every 1...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have classical signs of overactive bladder or interstitial cystitis. I think if you feel better with masturbation, then you can masturbate there is no harm. Yes, masturbation will cause relaxation of bladder muscles and help indirectly. Continue with other conserv...  Read Full »

Are frequent urination and clots in urine signs of pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor, I had sex on the second day of my period, then my bleeding stopped. After five days, I had a pregnancy test and it was negative. But, now I am having frequent urination with burns and sometimes a single clot in urine. Am I pregnant?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, you are not pregnant. You had sex on the second day, which was anyhow your safe period. But, there are high chances that you developed a possible urinary tract infection following intercourse as menstrual blood is a good culture medium for bacteria acquired throug...  Read Full »

I have frequent urination and minimal calcification. Does it mean prostate cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I am worried about my prostate as my grandfather had prostate cancer and my father had an enlargement but was already cured. I had an ultrasound last year due to frequent urinating and result showed minimal calcification a year back. The Radiologist told me that the ca...  Read Full »
Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. It is extremely unlikely for you to develop prostate cancer at your age. Even in families with hereditary prostate cancer, the usual age people develop cancer is above 40 years of age at the lowest, though it is usually between 50 to 60 y...  Read Full »

I have frequent urination and tests showed up 6 to 7 pus cells. Why?
Query: Hello doctor,I am having frequent urination and tests showed up pus cells 6 to 7. I am having this for three days. I am having a feeling of voiding it even if I just urinated like one minute ago only.  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your suffering. From what you mentioned, you have simple urinary tract infection. Symptoms of UTI are frequent urination, painful urination, and change in the color of urine. Treatment: Trimethoprim 200 mg tablet twice daily for five days (in case...  Read Full »

I have frequent urination and severe pain in abdomen. Kindly advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I had fever two days ago. Then one day ago started frequent urination and I could not hold it every time it happened. And there was pain during urination. Then started pain in the stomach. Today the urination is not that much but I have severe pain in both sides of my abdomen. I am no...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have kidney or bladder infection or it can be acute urinary tract infection. You get the following tests done: CBC (complete blood count). USG (ultrasound) abdomen and pelvis. Urine routine microscopic examination. As per these reports, the further ma...  Read Full »

I have frequent urination, but only in the daytime. Why?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 30 year old male. I have frequent urination, but only in the daytime. I take medications for IBS, Libotryp DS, Lopamide, and Hostacycline 500.  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Frequent urination can be caused by UTI (urinary tract infection), raised blood sugar (diabetes), excess water intake during daytime and enlarged prostate (BHP). You will need a urine examination, blood glucose and an ultrasonogram of t...  Read Full »

What do sudden frequent urination and flank pain indicate?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from frequent urination for the last two days and slight pain in the left side abdomen. The urine test found 10-15 hpf RBC and the USG report came back normal. What does this mean?  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you smoke? At 33 years, the combination of recent onset of frequent urination with flank pain and urine analysis showing RBC (red blood cells) indicates the most likely passage of the small ureteric stone. If USG comes persistently normal with same picture repeated, t...  Read Full »

How to reduce frequent urination?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old unmarried male. Approximately six to seven years back, I had a urinary infection. I was told to take an antibiotic course, which I did not complete at that time. The infection was not fully cured and it used to come and go. During urination, I sometimes used to have one...  Read Full »
Dr. Aman Gupta
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stop worrying about the problems, which you are experiencing are aggravated by stress. It is not a dangerous problem and can be solved. Your previous urine infection does not necessarily play a role in what you have today. Drink only as much liquid as you feel like. Exces...  Read Full »

What is the reason for frequent urination?
Query: Hi doctor, I am female. 42 years. I suffer from excess urination. If I drink a half cup of water I have to go to the toilet after 15 minutes. I go to the toilet a minimum two times during sleeping. I am not diabetic. I have normal blood pressure, no family stress. I do not feel any burning sensatio...  Read Full »
Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your reports are normal, there is no point in taking antibiotics unnecessarily. Limit your fluid intake to say about 2.5 liters per day. Try holding urine for five minutes more each time, to increase your holding time for example 45 minutes to now 50 minutes. After o...  Read Full »

Why am I having frequent urination and lightheadedness?
Query: Hello doctor,I am an 18-year-old female. I have two problems that I need help with. Firstly, I have been using the bathroom more frequently for around a month and a half and whenever I need to pee it is almost always urgent. I have to get to the toilet right away. My next problem is that I quit smok...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For frequent urination rule out diabetes by random blood sugar estimation. Second, urine routine microscopic examination can be done to check urinary tract infection. Stress history should be taken that can lead to urination and headache as well. Pre void and post v...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Frequent Urination? We have medical experts to help you right away.