Frictional Keratosis

Related Terms: Sharp Cusp Tips, Wisdom Teeth, Wisdom Tooth Extraction, Corneocyte Accumulation, Dermabrasion, Hyperpigmentation, Impacted Tooth

What are these white spots on my tongue?
Query: Hi doctor,I have some white spot on my tongue. I researched on the internet and it looks like white oral cancer lesion. Any of your thoughts will be appreciable. I have attached the pictures for your reference. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Michael Steven Korn
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most often these types of lesions (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are from frictional keratosis that is a soft tissue becomes tough and white due to continuous friction over time. If you were to go and see an oral surgeon for evaluation and possible biops...  Read Full »

What can I do for the swelling inside my cheek?
Query: Hi doctor, For the last two months, I am having small swelling inside the cheek. Also, there is some stiffness in the right throat, but not now. With general surgeon prescription I have used Metrogyl, Diataal, Tinidazole and vitamin tablets. But, still swelling is there and also I am getting some re...  Read Full »
Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

Is this growing spot on my face a young melanoma?
Query: Hello doctor,I recently had a melanoma in situ removed from my left middle finger knuckle. This has caused us to look more closely at other areas on the body. There is a small spot that was not there four months ago under my left eye. I started seeing it in photos after that faintly. It is now more ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your clinical pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In your recent picture, the lesion looks like seborrheic keratosis (harmless), it looks rough and raised. I cannot confirm what it is with this picture. I am sorry dear, the picture becom...  Read Full »

How to treat my dark upper arms?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. My upper arms are so dark and I also have some small sand like bums. I noticed this since I was 15 years old. As my skin is quite fair, it looks obvious. Please suggest me some advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Answer: Hello,  Welcome to icliniq.com. It may be amyloidosis (protein accumulation as insoluble fibres in tissues). For better clarification send me a few clear photos. Please do not use any puming stone or rub the skin harshly as it may cause such lesions. Use gentle soap and avoid friction. I suggest...  Read Full »

What is that white spot present between my upper and lower wisdom teeth?
Query: Hello doctor, From the last three months, I have a constant pain on the right side of my mouth. I believe the pain was similar to when someone has an erupting wisdom tooth, but I am not 100 % sure. When I looked in the mirror with a flashlight, I found a tiny white spot in the area between my right ...  Read Full »
Dr. Tinu Thampy
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query. I have seen all the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is nothing to worry. It is a healing traumatic keratitis. As per the given picture, your lower wisdom tooth was not in the correct position. The normal ...  Read Full »

How to Treat Dermatosis Neglecta?
Query: Hi Doctor, I believe that I have dermatosis neglecta. I have not showered for one month. I usually take shower once in one or two months. I have gained a lot of weight in the past three years. So, doing normal things such as showering becomes a difficult task. My current medication is Accutane...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. Dermatosis neglecta is a condition that results from inadequate frictional cleansing leading to accumulation of corneocytes, sebum and sweat. It ultimately results in hyperpigmented patch or verrucous plaque. As this disease can be easily trea...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Frictional Keratosis? We have medical experts to help you right away.