Medical Advice on "Fungal Infection"

There are various types of fungi that affect different areas of the body causing distinct symptoms. Most mild to moderate cases can be treated with topical antifungals whereas severe cases require oral antifungal medications … View thread »

But, due to the slow growth of nail plate and deeper involvement of nail matrix, it requires treatment for longer duration. In this article, I have … View thread »

This is a chronic fever, which is called as pyrexia of unknown origin when we are unable to ascertain a cause. As your blood tests and x-ray are normal, lung infection is ruled out. Conditions causing chronic fever are numerous. Also, certain infections like … View thread »

I would like to tell you that fungal infection in ear is quite common and it may be treated by: Cleaning the ear: Cleaning may be done by suction or syringing or by cotton swab. Antifungal ear drops to be used three or four times a day. Anti-inflammatory medicine to … View thread »

... the commonly used antifungal agents and general measures to prevent dermatophytosis (ringworm or tinea), which is very common during summer ... … View thread »

First of all I would like you to thank for giving me a perfect clinical history with perfect photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a crystal clear case of seborrheic dermatitis and is moderate in nature. It is a fungal infection and is … View thread »

I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can see some dryness, flakiness, and small red patches on the side of the chin, jaw, and side of upper lip. It is not exactly a fungal infection. It is … View thread »

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If the area is not kept clean and dry, this can happen again and again. It is not always associated with sexual exposure. Your all reports are normal. I suggest you … View thread »

I understand your concern. Swimming is considered as a safe recreational activity. But that is not totally true. Chlorination of water is known to kill most of the microorganisms (which include bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites). But there are several factors to … View thread »

With your given description, it looks like resistant tinea cruris infections or may be erythrasma (skin condition affecting the folds in the body), You have not mentioned the duration of individual drugs you have taken. Itraconazole is a good drug for this, but … View thread »

Do you have a question on Fungal Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away.