Fussy Eater

Related Terms: Baby Care, Eating Habits In Children, Acne, Fever, Rosacea, Adhd, Appetite Stimulator

Fussy Eaters: How to Complete Their Nutritional Needs
Article Overview: Many parents face the issue of their toddler not wanting to eat nutritious food. Kids these days love having junk food and end up developing cavities. They might prefer unhealthy packed processed foods and other chips which are bad for health but might refuse to eat healthier alternatives. So, how to get them to eat healthy food?  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Child Health Specialist

Few tips might help your child develop a liking for healthy food - Incorporate Variety in Your Kid's Diet Kids do not like to eat the same foods daily. For example, if you give your child a bottle gourd every day, he might get bored of it and start developing a hatred towards that food. Introducin ...  Read Article »

My 18 month old eats very less. Should I give him an appetite booster?
Query: Hello doctor, My 18 month old son is very choosy and eats very less. He eats everything one day and almost nothing another day. I am worried about his health. He frequently gets cold and congestion too. What can I do? Can I give him any appetite booster? What is the best food for him?  Read Full »
Dr. Simy Mathew
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a common concern that every mother has. Kids are fussy eaters and we should inculcate good food habits in them. Try giving different food items to him on different days, keep changing, and experimenting with food - this might help him eat something. Never try...  Read Full »

My son refuses to eat anything and only enjoys junk food. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor, This is regarding my 6 year old son. He is reluctant to eat and normally we have to change his focus from meal to feed him (by showing him television or something else). He smells things as well and does not eat if he does not like the smell of it. He likes cold drinks, chips, candi...  Read Full »
Dr. Sirisha
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the details you have provided, your kid seems to be a fussy eater. This is a common problem with kids of this age. Reasons for this problem are: Kids of this age are more interested in play rather than food. They are interested in junk food and hence dislike he...  Read Full »

What types of foods can be given to aid my little son eat properly?
Query: Hello doctor, My 4-year-old son weighs 14 kg and does not take his food properly. He has mild constipation. I would like to know what type of food does he need? Please suggest if he needs vitamin supplements.  Read Full »
Dr. Simy Mathew
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child is underweight by just 2 kg. You should try giving different food items and try new recipes. All kids are fussy eaters. We should put our maximum effort to make them eat. You can give multivitamin syrup like Visyneral Z Syrup (vitamin ...  Read Full »

Why is my 11 year old son losing weight all of a sudden from last year?
Query: Hello doctor, I have an 11 year old son who weighs 25 kg and is 138 cm tall. Everyone feels that something is wrong with him, as he is losing weight from the past three years, and it is severe for the last year. He is a slow eater and eats for 40 minutes to an hour, even small meal. We keep telling ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the details that you have provided and the blood test report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). His problems are being underweight, fussy eater, constipation, and speech articulation problem. The blood tests show only vitamin D def...  Read Full »

What can be done to improve the appetite of 22 months old baby?
Query: Hello doctor, My 22 months old baby girl had a fever on Wednesday and was on Babygesic and Sinarest-AF drops for cold and fever. Until now she did not have fever but now she has raised temperature. She has not eaten solids from Wednesday. I am very worried. Please help. She is such a poor eater and...  Read Full »
Dr. Shilpa Reddy Diggireddy
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all your baby is quite underweight. She has to be above 13 kg by 22 months (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Coming to the fever part, she requires an antibiotic for the fever to subside. Please give her syrup Azee (Azithromycin) 200 - 2.5ml ...  Read Full »

Why has my 11 month old baby not put on weight from the last three months?
Query: Hi doctor, My 11 month old baby has not put on any weight. Her weight is 6.5 kg now. She has been in the same weight with no increase from the past 3 months. She does not eat any other solid or semi-solid food except breast milk. Please advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Kishore
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The amount of food eaten would vary from child to child. Decreased intake, fussy child, and worm infestation are commonest causes for decreased weight gain. I would suggest a deworming for your baby. A single dose of Syrup Albendazole 400 mg will suffice. Also, I wo...  Read Full »

My baby has loose motions and frequently vomits after a feed. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, My 3-month-old baby is sick. He is not taking breastmilk but drinks a little water by spoon. He has loose motions. I have tried few medicines but he has not stopped vomiting frequently after feeding. I have tried giving antibiotics twice but it increased the loose motion and it does n...  Read Full »
Dr. Simy Mathew
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child seems very fine because he has got a good weight gain. Now, coming over to your problems, your child is suffering from simple viral infection because multiple systems are involved like the respiratory and gastrointestinal tract. To deal with the resp...  Read Full »

Homeopathy for Dentition in Children
Article Overview: In this article, I will be discussing the role of homeopathy during the dentition or teething process in a child.  Read Article »
Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Homeopathic Physician

The first appearance of teeth varies from one baby to another. Most babies develop the first tooth between six to 12 months of age. Some babies may not have any teeth by 1 year of age which is completely normal. Usually, babies put their fingers and hands in their mouth at around three to four month ...  Read Article »

Why are there small red bumps in beard area when I wake up?
Query: Hello doctor, Every morning I wake up and the beard area of my face is full of small red pussy bumps. This has happened for many months now. I wash my face with Cetaphil cleanser and sometimes Ketoconazole shampoo. This removes some of the pus but my face is still red and a little itchy. I took sev...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This condition is called folliculitis. It is the infection of hair follicles that form red bumps and pustules around the opening of hairs on the skin surface. Most of the time the infection is bacter...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Fussy Eater? We have medical experts to help you right away.