Gallbladder Polyp

Related Terms: Cholecystectomy, Gallbladder Surgery, Pancreatitis, Kidney Stones, Laparoscopic Removal Of Cyst, Malignancy, Ursodeoxycholic Acid

Will my gallbladder polyps turn cancerous?
Query: Hello doctor, I got my abdominal ultrasound done due to pain while urinating. In the ultrasound, it showed as 'gallbladder polyps'. I checked online and it said it can lead to cancer. I am very scared. I am uploading pictures.  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to worry about gallbladder polyps. I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are small non-problematic thickenings of the gallbladder wall. Pain while urinating is not due to gallbladder polyps. Since you are having...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for gallbladder polyp?
Query: Hello doctor,I have been diagnosed with gallbladder polyp. There are multiple polyps of size 8.7 mm. Please suggest the treatment for it.  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to get your gallbladder removed. Plan to consult a GI (gastrointestinal) surgeon for laparoscopic cholecystectomy. For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist  Read Full »

Ultrasound shows flushed out kidney stones. Why is burning still there?
Query: Hello doctor, I had UTI and kidney stones earlier. My ultrasound states that my pancreas are normal in size and echotexture and the kidney stones have been flushed out, but there is infrequent burning. Can you shed more light on the latter part (echotexture)? Currently, I am on ayurvedic medicines ...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This ultrasound is normal (pancreatitis, spleen and kidneys) (attachment removed to protect patient identity) besides, there are the following findings: Fat accumulated in the liver, which means that the patient should avoid alcohol and lose some pounds. Some pol...  Read Full »

Do you agree that gallbladder stone and polyp together increase the risk of malignancy?
Query: Hi doctor, My recent ultrasound of the gallbladder showed a 4 mm polyp, a 1.7 cm stone and a small amount of sludge. Though I am asymptomatic, I visited my gastroenterologist. His opinion was that though rare, having a stone and polyp increases my risk to malignancy and suggested removal. I am very...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, Ursodeoxycholic acid can be tried for three months. But, it is effective only in about 40% of the cases. A gallstone even if asymptomatic should be removed through surgery because if somehow it slips into the bile duct, then it will block the pancreatic duct causing...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Gallbladder Polyp? We have medical experts to help you right away.