Gas Formation

Related Terms: Pantoprazole, Constipation, Acid Reflux, Domperidone, Gastritis, Probiotics, Simethicone

I have gas formation, constipation and gallstone. What can be done?
Query: Hello doctor,I am 27 years old, height is 65 inches. Weight 56 kg now. Three months ago weight was 57.5. kg. Sleep 6 to 7 hours. About two years ago, weight was 58.5 kg. Blood pressure usually normal but sometimes low. I have a gas formation problem for about four years. Maximum time no pain but gas...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your three main concern is the weakness, gallstone, and gas problem. For weakness following workup can be done: Serum calcium level. Serum sodium, potassium. Serum TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) to rule out hypothyroidism. CBC to check Hb level to rule out a...  Read Full »

I feel excessive gas formation and numbness of head. Is it a psychiatric issue?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been hospitalized for excessive gas and the doctor ran a liver profile which came out normal. So, the doctor diagnosed that my excessive gas formation was due to anxiety and they prescribed Xet CR, Etizola, Clonafit, and Rabekind. I have used Etizolam for three weeks and stoppe...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A lot of individuals with anxiety present with symptoms of epigastric discomfort. This could present as symptoms of excessive gas formation. It is usually accompanied with symptoms like rapid heart rate, sweating, trembling of hands or body, sense of fear, feeling as...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for continuous mucus and gas formation with a bad smell?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a continuous mucus and gas formation with the bad smell like rotten fish. I also have hemorrhoid.  Read Full »
Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you should provide the history in detail so that I can get enough data for diagnosis. Since how many days you are having this problem and do stools stir over water after toilet and difficult to flush? Do you have bleeding piles? For more information consult ...  Read Full »

Why is there continuous release of gas from my stomach?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from a gastric problem for the last one year. There is a continuous release of gas from my stomach. The stomach sort of puffs up all the time, gas production is in every 10 to 15 minutes and it goes out through the anus or mouth. After 10 to 15 minutes again I have the ...  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gas formation is not always abnormal and need not always be treated. You can take precautions like avoiding foodstuffs which can increase gas production. Other measures are to regularise bowel habits, avoid constipation and have an adequate intake of water daily up...  Read Full »

I have too much gas in the stomach and fart uncontrollably. Please suggest a cure.
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 31 year old male. I have too much gas in the stomach despite drinking plenty of water, nearly four to five liters a day. I fart too much. I feel embarrassed and cannot control it. I am not taking any medications currently.  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. The excess gas formation is generally because of problems with the gut bacteria and the consumption of spicy food can aggravate it. I would suggest you avoid spicy food. Start Rifaximin 200 mg twice daily which is a nonabsorbable antibiotic a...  Read Full »

Which formula milk shall I opt for my baby?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 5 months old. Since I had less milk, she was formula fed. But, she developed a gas problem. We keep on switching the brand of formula milk, but it did not suit her. Her doctor advised Colicaid, but she still has issues. Can you please advise which formula milk is good for ...  Read Full »
Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problem is not with the formula milk and it is with the way you feed the formula. Generally, gas formation is more if the baby is on bottle feed and somewhat little when baby is breastfed. The problem of gas formation is a common thing as babies tend to take in air...  Read Full »

Please advise ayurveda measures to get pregnant.
Query: Hi doctor, I have PCOD problem for the last four years. I have been taking Kazharchi kaai powder with honey for the past three months and observed a regular period. But, the follicles are not growing properly. The FS study revealed that the follicles are MSF (multiple small follicles) ever since has...  Read Full »
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may continue the Kalarchi choornam. It should be prepared as follows. Kalarchi seed powder 100 g plus 10 g pepper. This will avoid the gas formation in stomach. Continue Kalarchi choornam until cycle is normalized that is three to four cycles and then stop it. Ku...  Read Full »

What can cause lower abdominal pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in lower abdomen. I feel that the pain is coming from my right testis while taking a bath. It is not severe, but still, it has not come down. I am on homeopathy treatment for skin allergy.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.We are here to help you.Such pain in lower abdomen can be due to any of the following reasons.Acid reflux, mostly in upper abdomen, but gas formation can lead to pain anywhere in the abdomen.Stone in the renal tract. It mostly presents with such kind of pain which radiated ...  Read Full »

Do muscle twitch and body weakness occur due to mineral deficiency?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from muscle twitches, joint pain and extreme body weakness for over three to four months. My skin has become dry. My finger knuckles has got black pigmentation. My neurologist tells me that my reflexes are normal. I have a history of masturbation from my teenage and I als...  Read Full »
Dr. Neelakanta J Sajjanar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand from your complaints and history, the condition is at the level of functional or metabolic derangement. All your laboratory reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) indicate that you are structurally normal. The functional aspect of body need...  Read Full »

What can be done for irregular periods in a breastfeeding mother?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old breastfeeding mother. I have been having gas trouble for two months. I was taking allopathic medicines for this. I have almost normal periods that started in the third month. It was going almost fairly. The period falls between 27, 28, or 29th day. Two months back i...  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In breastfeeding ladies, periods can be irregular up to some extent despite getting normal periods after delivery. This can be due to hormonal changes and due to breastfeeding. So, there is nothing to worry. But if you do not get your period the next month the...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Gas Formation? We have medical experts to help you right away.