Medical Advice on "Gastritis"

We are here to help you. Most likely you are being given steroids or painkillers in the form of herbal supplements, and they have the side effect of gastritis that can cause black stools. Black stools can also be caused by multivitamins. In such case scenario, my strong … View thread »

For antral gastritis take tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily before food for a month. It will control acidity and reflux. Excessive hunger is good for you as your weight is normal and it is also good for stomach. Just rule out diabetes by doing fasting blood sugar … View thread »

I have carefully worked through your health query and can well understand your issues. Yes, it seems to be due to GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), simply the acid reflux. It has caused damage to the esophagus and other parts of the body too. Hiatal hernia … View thread »

Gastritis is easily treatable with proton pump inhibitors. The medicines you are taking for psychiatric disorders may worsen your gastric issues. If there is no further worsening of symptoms, then you can continue with the same dose. If you have a  … View thread »

Your reports look alright (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your symptoms are suggestive of recurrent mild gastritis (excessive acidity). You can continue the use of acid-blocking medicines like Prilosec (Omeprazole) as needed for a couple of days when … View thread »

You are having gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). You have undergone Nissen fundoplication, as such hiatus hernia and related diseases take a long time to recover and you need to maintain your lifestyle and food habits for a lifetime. I suggest you try doing … View thread »

You seem to be suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) associated with gastritis. Yes, you can take Omeprazole 20 mg. Once a day would be enough. There are no major side effects. There is no indication for taking triple therapy for h.pylori again. I advise the … View thread »

I had gone through all the data posted. Kindly tell me more details about his present problem. Does he have a fever? What do you mean exactly by episodes of feeling cold? Does he take medication for gout? What medication and what is the level of uric acid? Does he … View thread »

I need the following details first to help you better: How is your sleep? Any associated headaches? Any vomitings? How is your stool? What medicines have you tried? Revert with details for a better help. Revert with more information to a medical gastroenterologist … View thread »

Though your dad is not having cough or cold that accompanies fever, his symptoms suggest that, it can be due to allergy or post-chikungunya syndrome. Did your dad affected with chikungunya recently? If so, then he might have recurrent fever along with joint pain. … View thread »

Do you have a question on Gastritis? We have medical experts to help you right away.