Gastritis

Related Terms: Pantoprazole, Domperidone, Acid Reflux, Acidity, Gerd, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Helicobacter Pylori

Query: Hi doctor, I have acid reflux problem for the last 5 years. Pain in my throat also happens because of it. For the last eight months, I feel dizzy, vertigo after eating food and sometimes even after drinking water. I have started taking herbal medicines for psoriatic arthritis before six months. Whe...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Most likely you are being given steroids or painkillers in the form of herbal supplements, and they have the side effect of gastritis that can cause black stools. Black stools can also be caused by multivitamins. In such case scenario, my strong ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, Four months back, I had issues of stomach bloating and frequent bowel movement. My DP did an endoscopy and found out the I had erythematous gastritis. He had prescribed medicine for one month. The issue of stomach bloating and frequent bowel movement issue got resolved. But now and then ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Erythematous gastritis is simply inflammation of stomach that can occur due to excessive stress, faulty lifestyle, alcohol, and painkiller abuse. Now following are your answers: It is not serious. You just need treatment for long duration. Unlikely to result in cancer....  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with antral gastritis, lots of acid in stomach and reflux. Problems started after I took some medicines. Since then I am always hungry. I eat more than before the problem started, but still I feel hungry. I am also suffering from excessive hair loss. Why am I always hu...  Read Full »
Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For antral gastritis take tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily before food for a month. It will control acidity and reflux. Excessive hunger is good for you as your weight is normal and it is also good for stomach. Just rule out diabetes by doing fasting blo...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have been struggling with pressure under my ribs and tightness in my chest for 5 years. It is on and off, but mostly it gives me a hard time to come through. I feel hard to belch often. I have taken Esomeprazole and Nexium to keep the reflux down, but the tightness and other awful ...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have carefully worked through your health query and can well understand your issues. Yes, it seems to be due to GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), simply the acid reflux. It has caused damage to the esophagus and other parts of the body too. Hiatal hernia...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have indigestion, gastritis, mouth ulcers, and a wet cough.  Read Full »
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. it is generally seen that indigestion causes acidity, gaseous distention, mouth ulcers, and constipation. And indigestion depends on your food habits and lifestyles. If it persists for a long time it causes the above-mentioned issues. Take Liv 52 syrup 10 ml twice a day...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with erosive pan gastritis through an endoscope in the stomach. I was an IBS patient as well. The medication given was Happi 20 mg morning and Lafaxid D, at bedtime for one month. Is it permanently curable? I was undergoing stress and depression and I we...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gastritis is easily treatable with proton pump inhibitors. The medicines you are taking for psychiatric disorders may worsen your gastric issues. If there is no further worsening of symptoms, then you can continue with the same dose. If you have a ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, Eight years ago, I had an esophagogastroduodenoscopy. It came back normal except for some mild chronic antrum gastritis (reactive gastritis) and mild duodenal bulb duodenitis. I have been on Prilosec for 10 years, but have recently had some flare-ups, lots of stomach gurgling, gas, and...  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your reports look alright (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your symptoms are suggestive of recurrent mild gastritis (excessive acidity). You can continue the use of acid-blocking medicines like Prilosec (Omeprazole) as needed for a couple of days when...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old, who is 1.83 m tall and weigh about 70 kg. My health problems started two years back, when I had a lot of stomach pains, though they went away quickly once I had a filling meal. After an endoscopy, the doctor observed a large axial hernia as well as moderately pronou...  Read Full »
Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). You have undergone Nissen fundoplication, as such hiatus hernia and related diseases take a long time to recover and you need to maintain your lifestyle and food habits for a lifetime. I suggest you try doing t...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have suffered from gastritis-like symptoms for about a week now. I have an occasional mild tummy ache and nausea which is relieved by belching. I have suffered from acute gastritis now for several years, although I cannot be 100 % certain why. I tested positive for the h. pylori bacteri...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) associated with gastritis. Yes, you can take Omeprazole 20 mg. Once a day would be enough. There are no major side effects. There is no indication for taking triple therapy for h.pylori again. I advise the fo...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have been drinking soda four times a day instead of drinking water. I did not drink water for a month. I eat a lot of junk food and lots of dairy milk. After a couple of weeks, I noticed a mild stomach discomfort accompanied by excessive belching and passing gas, constipation, pain in ...  Read Full »
Dr. Akant Kaushal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms of pain in the left upper quadrant, pain in the diaphragm are all suggestive of gastritis, which is due to over-consumption of junk foods and soda. Drink as much water as you can but not immediately after meals. Try to eat small frequent meals. Eat a lo...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Gastritis? We have medical experts to help you right away.