Genexpert Test

Related Terms: Tuberculosis, Headache, Abscess, Afb Culture, Amoxicillin, Anti Tubercular Drugs, Benign Tumor

What is GeneXpert test?
Query: Hi doctor, Is there any MDR-TB test for formalin based tissue? I had biopsy, but they dipped it in formalin. Now I asked for another biopsy for GeneXpert test. What to do?  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The GeneXpert test is a molecular test which detects the DNA in TB bacteria (tuberculosis). Formalin treated tissue might have TB bacteria which are dead and do not have viable DNA material. Therefore, repeat biopsy has been suggested. For further information consult a pa...  Read Full »

Why is my diabetic father feeling fatigue, lost appetite and lost sleep?
Query: Hello doctor, My father is feeling fatigue, lost appetite, and lost sleep. We have visited multiple doctors. Being diabetic, we suspected diabetic neuropathy and visited a neurologist. As part of tests, he has taken X-ray also and identified pleural effusion and referred to a pulmonologist with HRC...  Read Full »
Dr. Chandra Shekhar
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All are going towards tuberculosis but if you send me the film pictures then I can say anything. I do not believe in report statements. For more information consult a pulmonologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist  Read Full »

My daughter has tumors in the heart. What are the chances of survival?
Query: Hello doctor,My daughter is in the ICU with pericardial effusion and multiple tumors. The fluid has been drained and there was blood mixed with the fluid. The regular blood test came back normal with no sign of cancerous cells. My question is, what are the chances that the tumors are benign? Through...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, there is a diagnostic dilemma. The reports you have uploaded (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are fine. But, you should upload the echo reports and the fluid investigations as well. Now, considering the pericardial effusion with multiple c...  Read Full »

Shall I take Amoxicillin for cough?
Query: Hi doctor, Four weeks ago, I had a cold and chest infection. I self-treated with Amoxicillin and it was resolved. Now, I am getting cough with slight wheeze. Also, it is a productive cough with green sputum. Shall I try Amoxicillin again? I am regularly on Citalopram and Micronor.  Read Full »
Dr. Md. Kais Haider Chowdhury

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have recurrent infection, I would suggest to do investigations first. Currently, I suggest tablet Amoxicillin plus Clavulanic acid (Co-amoxiclav) 625 mg three times a day for seven days.  Read Full »

What to do for headache in case of chronic infective granulomas?
Query: Hi doctor, The patient is a 28 year old male. His weight is 56 kg and height is 6 feet. He was an assistant Professor in an Engineering college. For around five days, He had a heavy unbearable headache, high fever, vomiting, loss of appetite, lost consciousness and had a single episode of seizure o...  Read Full »
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per given history and reports, it seems that the patient had meningoencephalitis. The probable cause for which may be tuberculosis. MRI also showed granulomas in the brain and the patient is currently on four drug ATT (antituberculosis treatment) with oral steroids....  Read Full »

My 1 year kid has continuous fever and abscess in neck. Kindly guide.
Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 1 year old. Since 10 days she has a fever. From the very first day, we have consult pediatrician and he started Nobel plus for fever four times a day. We completed the course for five days and returned to doctor for follow up. He again suggested for Nobel plus twice a d...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. I have gone through reports and history (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the picture, it appears to be abscess only. Also, the doctor confirms it on examination. The next line of action should be an ultrasound of the abscess to look for e...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Genexpert Test? We have medical experts to help you right away.