Genital Warts

Related Terms: Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Hpv, Human Papilloma Virus, Acne, Eczema, Hair Fall, Melasma

Genital Warts (Condylomata Acuminata) - a Sexually Transmitted Infection
Article Overview: Current evidence suggests that over 50% of sexually active adults (15 to 25 years of age) have been infected with one or more human papilloma virus - HPV infection. The underlying HPV infection may increase the evidence and prevalence of genital warts.  Read Article »
Venereologist

Condyloma, a Greek word with the meaning of round tumor, has been recognized as a distinct entity since ancient times. Mucosal HPV infections are the most common sexually transmitted infections (STIs). It can occur on anogenital or oral mucosa or skin. HPV present in the birth canal can be transmitt ...  Read Article »

Do genital warts appear above the pubic area?
Query: Hi doctor, Do genital warts appear above the pubic area? I have attached the picture for your reference.  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Genital warts over the pubic area is a common presentation of the advent and use of condoms. As condoms provide protection to the genitalia, the incidence is lower in such sites. However, the skin over the pubic area remains unprotected and can come in contact wit...  Read Full »

Can a single genital wart exist unchanged for over 10 years?
Query: Hello doctor, I am not sure why I never bothered to ask these questions before now, but I suppose it is better late than never. I have what appears to be a single genital wart just below the head. I have had it since I was 16 years old. I went through five years in the military with this without an...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A single wart cannot exist for such a long time. There has to be an increase in the number. Are you sure it is a genital wart? Were you diagnosed by a dermatologist? Clinical photographs would have helped. For more information consult a dermatologist online ...  Read Full »

Does HPV vaccine cure genital warts?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 50-year-old male. I had genital warts five years ago, had them removed via cauterization and received three injections of HPV vaccine Gardasil. The doctor said the vaccine would cure the virus, but after a year, warts reappeared and until now they are still in my scrotum, and th...  Read Full »
Dr. Satyajit Jalinder Pawar
Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. HPV vaccine is not a cure. It is for the prevention of HPV. It prevents the virus from entering in your body. But, it cannot act on cells which are already infected with the virus. About sex, there is a chance that with contact, virus can spread to your partner if n...  Read Full »

Is genital wart recurrent?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about HPV. I am a 28-year-old male with one genital wart and I wanted to know if this is for life? Will this keep coming back every so often? What are the best ways to get rid of the wart and a way to prevent them from coming back? I also read that the immune system ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Warts are treatable. Kindly always attach the picture of the lesion for reference. It is not necessary that warts come and go. Once you are treated properly it does not mean you have to suffer from it again and again. It is human papilloma viral infection. This virus has ...  Read Full »

Do I need biopsy for genital warts on penile head?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with genital warts on the penile head. I was given Imiquimod cream to be applied for 10 to 15 minutes in the morning on alternate days and then wash off. The treatment went on for two months. Warts became lighter but did not go completely. It is definitely better than b...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Imiquimod is good medicine for genital wart. It has to be applied thrice a week for 16 weeks. If you see results with Imiquimod, I would suggest you stick to Imiquimod and complete the full course. Other options for genital wart are Podowart application (Podophyllotoxi...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get genital wart without sexual exposure?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old girl. I saw a cauliflower shape growth in my vulva which was diagnosed as warts. I was given Acivir tablet 800 mg despite the fact that I had no sexual contact with anyone. Then, I got my menstruation for seven days. I used to apply vaginal wash and tea tree oil and...  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Surprising fact is that you have a genital wart, but without any history of sexual exposure. Then it is not a wart. And it has subsided as I could not find it in the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But, what a miserable condition you have done...  Read Full »

I am very confused that i have genital warts
Query: Hi doctor,I am a 34 years old female. I am very confused that I have genital warts. I am totally upset and I think it is in starting stage. Please give some advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. If you suspect that you have genital warts, it is highly recommended to get yourself examined and get the condition treated. I advise you to meet a gynecologist or dermatologist in your locality. Get it cured by making a correct diagnosis....  Read Full »

Is the small growth on shaft of penis a genital wart?
Query: Hello doctor, I wonder if I have genital warts. I have one small growth on the shaft of my penis.  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lesion in the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) does have a verrucous surface, and most likely is a genital wart. It is a viral infection and can spread to multiple new lesions. The treatment of choice would be removed using electrosurgery or ...  Read Full »

I have wart-like lesions in my left groin. Are they genital warts?
Query: Hello doctor, There are soft wart-like lesions in my left groin region. A picture is attached for your reference. It is itchy on and off and it is mildly painful. Is this a genital wart?  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and the image attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, they seem like warts. Regards. For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Genital Warts? We have medical experts to help you right away.