Glioma

Related Terms: Headache, Tinnitus, Acoustic Neuroma, Antidepressants, Benzodiazepine, Brain Cancer, Cafe Au Lait Spots

Kindly guide about stage 2 glioblastoma.
Query: Hello doctor, One of my very close relatives has been diagnosed with glioblastoma, stage 2. We need immediate consultation and guidance.  Read Full »
Dr. Chirag Solanki
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the MRI report, it looks like high-grade glioma and more likely glioblastoma. Just to correct you, glioblastoma is a grade 4 (highest grade) tumor and it is synonymous with brain cancer. But it needs to be operated. Then only we will get a definite diagn...  Read Full »

What is the reason for having negative thoughts and vivid dreams?
Query: Hi doctor, My father is 56 years old. He is having negative thoughts and talks about deaths, has a vivid dream with severe sleepiness. He is not enjoying anything which he enjoyed before. He has short-term memory loss. He has fatigue with increased appetite. He has little issue in breathing during ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your father may have PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). It is less likely to be due to glioma. The symptoms of a vision problem and memory loss are due to gliomas. You can give him a small dose of antidepressants and Benzodiazepine for the sleep disturbances. You ca...  Read Full »

Does my wife's MRI show the reason for recurrent dizziness and headaches?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 34 years old, and she is having recurrent dizziness and headaches. So, she got an MRI scan of the brain. I have attached the reports for your better understanding. Your advice is much appreciated.  Read Full »
Dr. Chandan Mohanty
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unfortunately, the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) says that there is a mass in the brain, most likely a cancerous growth. IT is most probably a high-grade glioma or lymphoma. You will need to see a neurosurgeon, who will be able to examine her...  Read Full »

Can cafe-au-lait spots cause neurofibromatosis?
Query: Hi doctor, I have noticed three to five cafe-au-lait spots in my body in which three of them are confirmed, the other two were light and was not examined by my dermatologist. I do not have enough spots to be diagnosed with neurofibromatosis 1, but I was scared that I could be affected with neurofib...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having some Cafe-au-lait spots is usually a benign phenomenon, that you need not get worried about it. In order to diagnose NF (neurofibromatosis), there are many criteria that you will not meet. Please send me some photos of the spots in order to be fully reassured. Pl...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Glioma? We have medical experts to help you right away.