Glomerulonephritis

Related Terms: Bacterial Infection, Kidney Disorders, Sore Throat, Diabetes, Hypertension, Kidney Stones, Tonsillitis

I am having fever with sore throat and reddish brown urine. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am having high and low fever for the past few days and starting from yesterday, I have sore throat. I went to pee just now and saw the color is a bit reddish brown. And one week before fever, I had a few mosquito bites which are itchy on both the legs.  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.It could be a viral fever followed by acute glomerulonephritis if there is blood in urine, judging from the reddish brown urine you mentioned. Or it could be a urinary tract infection. In both cases, you must get a urine routine and microscopic examination plus a complete b...  Read Full »

What is serum creatinine and why do we measure it?
Query: Hello Doctor, What is serum creatinine and why do we measure it?  Read Full »
Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We normally measure serum creatinine values in a few medical conditions. Serum creatinine is a very important determinant, since it is a waste product. Its elevation in the serum points some kidney disorder such as glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis, UTI (Urina...  Read Full »

What is the cause for increased albumin in blood?
Query: Hi doctor, My uncle has +3 albumin in his blood. He is not hypertensive and diabetic. What is the reason for the increase in albumin? What is the treatment? I have attached his reports.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have evaluated his report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and his urine test shows the presence of RBC (red blood cells) and protein in his urine. This is serious and requires attention. The most common causes are diabetes and hypertension, so they ...  Read Full »

Why are WBC and neutrophils chronically high even if no infection is present?
Query: Hello doctor,Chronically high WBC 15 and neutrophils above 10 recent CRP 8.8. No infection can be found but was treated with two rounds of antibiotics Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin. Repeated CBC and numbers were higher. My doctor said maybe this was going to be my normal. Is this possible? Since th...  Read Full »
Dr. Smrita Singh
Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your elevated WBC count and increased percentage of neutrophils are suggestive of an acute bacterial infection or some other acute inflammatory process. Your history of abdominal pain, nausea, and unintended weight loss needs to be investigated. Since infection has ...  Read Full »

What to do for swollen feet?
Query: Hi doctor, I have got swelling in feet and excess pain over last few days. I have breathing problem while walking. I also feel weakness since few days. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Md. Kais Haider Chowdhury

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your leg is swelling like when you press your finger on your leg and see pushing marks of your finger (use thumb) then there is a real need for emergency care and treatment. If your leg swelling is also associated with swelling of the body and face then it needs ur...  Read Full »

I have IgA neuropathy, is it normal for the protein and blood levels in the urine to fluctuate?
Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with early IgA nephropathy, about five years ago, and I am on medication. Protein and blood are present in the urine, and their levels have varied over time, ranging from traces to ++. My recent urine analysis showed protein (+), erythrocytes (++), RBC (8-10 /HPF), creati...  Read Full »
Dr. Krishna Somani
Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To correctly answer your questions, I need to know the following. Was biopsy done? If yes, then send the report. Is your blood pressure under control? What medicines are you currently taking? I suggest you get a 24-hour urine for protein done. This will tell you the degr...  Read Full »

Impetigo, an Infectious Disease in Children
Article Overview: Impetigo, one of the most common skin infections among kids usually produces blisters or sores on the face, neck, hands, and diaper area.  Read Article »
Dr. Rushikeh Tukaram Kute
Paediatrician

Impetigo is the most common skin infection in children throughout the world. Bacteria mainly enters through break in the skin, which may allow bacteria to invade the skin. After invasion bacteria multiply in deep layers of the skin and leads to blister formation. There are two classic forms of im ...  Read Article »

Tonsillitis
Article Overview: The inflammation that results due to the infection of tonsils is called tonsillitis. It is a common childhood infection. The usual symptoms are fever, throat pain, and enlarged tonsils.  Read Article »
Dr. K Sneha

What is Tonsillitis? The inflammation that results due to the infection of tonsils is called tonsillitis. It is a common childhood infection. The usual symptoms are fever, throat pain, and enlarged tonsils. The bacteria and viruses causing tonsillitis are very contagious, so frequent handwashing can ...  Read Article »

Shall I use drugs to get sleep?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from glomerular kidney disease. I am facing sleepless nights for more than one to two months. Shall I use drugs to get sleep?  Read Full »
Dr. Kahlil Subramanian
Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You try to exclude diet such as white flour products, sugar, tea, coffee, chocolates, cola, fatty foods, fried foods, excessive use of salt and strong condiments. Breakfast should contain fresh fruits, dried fruits and whole cereals. Lunch should consist of large mixed sa...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Glomerulonephritis? We have medical experts to help you right away.