Glucagon

Related Terms: Diabetes, Fasting Blood Sugar Level, Insulin, Paracetamol, Post Prandial Blood Sugar Level, Hypertension, Hypoglycemia

My fasting sugar is more than postprandial. Is this serious?
Query: Hi doctor, My fasting sugar has been more than postprandial sugar levels consistently in the last few reports. The last four months values are 130 and 120, 125 and 113, 121 and 127, 118 and 99 respectively. With these data, I have not been given any medicines for diabetes. At present I am taking m...  Read Full »
Dr. Ankush Gupta
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The decrease in postprandial blood sugar can be explained by stimulation of insulin release after food which will decrease the blood sugar. Increase in blood sugar in empty stomach is due to glucagon secretion which will increase the blood sugar level. You have not mentio...  Read Full »

My mother's fasting sugar is higher than the post prandial sugar.Why is this happening?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother's fasting sugar is higher than the post prandial sugar (130 and 115 respectively). She had normal diet only. And also, 2 hours after taking 75 grams of glucose, without any work, the sugar level is 260. Why is this happening?  Read Full »
Dr. Kaveri Dandapani
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding blood sugar levels, if a patient is diabetic and if she is on oral medication for diabetes, the sugar levels can be as have you stated (fasting blood sugar level more than the post prandial blood sugar). This happens because most of the anti-diabetic medicatio...  Read Full »

How to Fight Hypoglycemia?
Article Overview: Hypoglycemia or low sugar is common in diabetic patients. It is very important for us to know how to encounter it when it happens. What is needed to be done in case of emergency is discussed in this article.  Read Article »
Dr. Pratap Vgm
Diabetologist

Hypoglycemia occurs when plasma glucose is lower than 70 mg/dl. There are three stages of hypoglycemia: Mild hypoglycemia - Symptoms like tingling sensation, dizziness, hunger, weakness, etc Severe hypoglycemia - Loss of consciousness Moderate hypoglycemia - Palpitation, tremors, confusion, di ...  Read Article »

What abnormality can be seen in the blood report in McArdle's disease?
Query: Hello doctor, My brother has done a McArdle's test in hospital. They concluded that the glycolysis in cytoplasm is normal, but reduced function of mitochondriosis have been seen in muscle. They conclude this abnormality through the blood analysis. The respiratory and the cardiac functions have been...  Read Full »
Dr. Puneet Kumar Bansal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. McArdle's disease is caused by deficiency of enzyme glycogen phosphorylase, which causes inability to breakdown glycogen. It is a genetic disease; autosomal recessive, which means when both your parents have abnormal gene it is inherited. Just you have to vary dietary hab...  Read Full »

Stomach pain medicine for 2.5 years baby
Query: Hi doctor, My son is 2.5 years old. For a week, he is complaining of stomach pain. After farting he is fine. Our family doctor recommended one antibiotic for five days and a medicine to avoid vomiting. He had small vomits twice, but later it was fine. Now, after completing the course of medicine he ...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. Complain of abdomen pain with vomiting suggests that your child probably has acute gastroenteritis or food poisoning. Since, antibiotic is already given and now there are no loose stools or vomiting, there is no need to give antibiotic a...  Read Full »

Is typhoid curable?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I am suffering from fever for the last one week. Doctor told me that I am suffering with typhoid. He suggested me PECEF Duo 200, Penxo-D and Zall-XP. I have attached the reports. I have used these medicines for the last three days but still I have a temperature o...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity) do show high titers of Salmonella typhi O and H antigen. The treatment offered with antibiotic, Cefpodoxime 200 mg twice a day, is to be taken ideally for 10 days along with Pen-D (Pantoprazole and Domperido...  Read Full »

Other than medicines, how can I control my blood sugar?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old male. My height is 5'7" and weight is 96 kg. I am diabetic since 15 years and have BP for the past 20 years. Along with this, I have bipolar since birth. Hence, taking psychiatric medicine too. I am on Lantus 20 units in the night and NovoRapid 10 units before lunch. Ta...  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. You need to reduce your weight and modify your diet and lifestyle. According to your weight and height you should consume appropriate amount of calories per day. Take dietician opinion f...  Read Full »

Why Should You Consume Superfoods?
Article Overview: Superfoods are those foods which provide amazing benefits to a person as they are nutritionally dense and packed with antioxidants and phytonutrients. I am not talking about something artificial or difficult to find or expensive nutrition powders, but interestingly we have been blessed with them as it is all naturally available.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Wellness Medicine Specialist

Following is a list of superfoods you should consume for its amazing benefits: 1. Blueberries Blueberries are called the 'king of antioxidants'. This title is indeed very apt owing to the vitamins and minerals present in blueberries. Blueberries contain a group of compounds called as anthocyanins ...  Read Article »

What are the treatment options for erectile dysfunction?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old. My height is 182 cm and weight is 90 kg. I do not have the habit of smoking, but I drink. Please go through my blood reports. I have been facing erectile dysfunction for the last one year. I have tried Megalis (Tadalafil) and Manforce (Sildenafil citrate). When...  Read Full »
Dr. Deep Dutta
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your testosterone level of 132 ng/dL is suggestive of hypogonadism (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your HbA1c (glycosylated hemoglobin) of 6.2% is suggestive of prediabetes. Have you had diabetes ever? Have you taken any medications for diabetes? Diabet...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Glucagon? We have medical experts to help you right away.