Glucocorticoids

Related Terms: Methylprednisolone, Osteoporosis, Stroke, Activity Restriction, Anakinra, Angina, Antihistamines, Anxiety

What is the reason for missed periods after medication in a multiple uterus fibroid patient?
Query: Hi doctor, I am unmarried and my age is 40. I had severe bleeding during my menstrual period. So, I met a Gynecologist and found out that I have multiple fibroids in my uterus and the largest one is 3 cm X 2.9 cm. And my uterus was bulky. She advised me to take Fibroease 25 mg daily for three month...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, Fibroease (Mifepristone) causes amenorrhoea owing to anti-progesterone and anti-glucocorticoid effect. It is known to reduce the size by often 35 to 40 % and increase the hemoglobin as well in symptomatic perimenopausal age group women, where the aim is to avoid...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for chronic sinus infection due to weather?
Query: Hello doctor, I have chronic sinus infection because of it I will face problem whole winter. What treatment should I take to get relief from cold in these winter months? Shall I make a choice for vaccination?  Read Full »
Dr. Ana Karen Pulido
Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to infectious disease guidelines, all persons aged 6 months and older are recommended for annual vaccination. For your symptoms treatment, here are the recommendations. Smoking cessation, irrigating the nasal cavities with saline reduces postnasal drainage, re...  Read Full »

My friend is suffering from neuropathic pain after a thalamic stroke. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, My friend, who is a 48 years old female, suffered a CVA three years back. She was diagnosed with a right thalamic hemorrhagic stroke with pericardial effusion, left hemiparesis, autoimmune thyroiditis, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, ischemic unstable angina, grade 3 obesity, altered glucose...  Read Full »
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thalamus is the part of the brain, through which all sensory information is relayed. After a stroke involving the thalamus, many times, the patient develops thalamic pain syndrome, which is very poorly responsive to medications. But as you told that it was relieved ...  Read Full »

Osteoporosis: an Important Public Health Problem
Article Overview: Osteoporosis is a problem that is largely preventable. This article focuses on the causes of osteoporosis and the available treatment modalities.  Read Article »
Dr. Alok Vinod Kulkarni

Osteoporosis refers to a reduction in bone strength. The defining characteristics of a bone include its strength and quality. Osteoporosis can affect the strength, quality or both the characteristics. Osteoporosis is a major cause of pathological fractures in postmenopausal women and the elderly. Al ...  Read Article »

What are the treatment options for increased uric acid?
Query: Hi doctor, Since yesterday morning, I have been having an acute pain and stiffness in the joint of the big toe on the left foot. Also, there is a little amount of swelling. The symptoms are similar to elevated uric acid levels. Four years ago, I had a spike in uric acid levels. I have given my samp...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. I suggest tablet Naproxen 500 mg twice daily and tablet Indomethacin 50 mg three times daily. These are generic names. Please consult your doctor, discuss with him or her ...  Read Full »

In what conditions can a person have cyclical Cushing's syndrome?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years now. I weigh 60 kg and was diagnosed with cyclical Cushing's syndrome at the age of 20. I had an MRI scan for a pituitary tumor in my brain. But, the clinical findings did not match up. I went to a top end endocrinologist who is a professor in endocrinology. I have beard ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, there is no other pituitary in the brain and sometimes urinary test fails to detect hormones. In cyclical Cushing's, the cortisol levels fluctuate over time, making the diagnosis even more difficult. The source of ectopic hormone production should be searched for, o...  Read Full »

Kindly advise regarding my chest pain as the test results are normal.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old female. I have been experiencing chest discomfort like an achiness for the past couple of months. It comes and goes. I cannot tell if it gets worse with certain foods or after I eat. Sometimes I think it does, but then I tell myself that I might just be making that up. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cardiac origin of chest pain is highly unlikely in a 29 year old female. Female has a cardioprotective hormone called estrogen, which usually delays the onset of coronary artery disease till 65 years. The pain you get is most likely because of high levels of your...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Glucocorticoids? We have medical experts to help you right away.