Green Tea

Related Terms: Diet And Lifestyle, Diet Plan, Diet Chart, Exercises, High Fibre Diet, How To Lose Weight, Reduce Weight

Can I take green tea to increase efficiency of weight loss workout?
Query: Hi doctor, I have started my workout for weight loss. My query is about increasing efficiency. Which should I take or which would be safe and effective for me? Green tea extract or green coffee? Is there any specific brand I should purchase?  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Green tea contains antioxidants and has some positive effects on the skin and body. It can also be used as a low calorie refreshing beverage in place of your regular coffee or tea. But do not rely on it for your weight loss. It does not have the effects as shown in a...  Read Full »

Can I take green tea while on antipsychotics?
Query: Hi doctor, I am on antipsychotics - Amisulpride 100 mg and Abilify 20 mg. Can I have green tea extract along with these drugs?  Read Full »
Dr. Ravi M Soni
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concerns. Green tea extract has very good antioxidant properties. Its antioxidant properties equalthat of vitamins A and E. So, you can take it along with your antipsychotic medications. There are no interactions with the drugs you are taking. However...  Read Full »

Please suggest a non-vegetarian diet plan for diabetes.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37 year old female. I am on diabetic medication since two years. I have attached my reports. Two months ago, my blood sugars were 149 FBS and 154 PPBS. The doctor had prescribed Istamet 50/500 (1-0-1), Gliclapack 30 mg (1-0-0), and Benipack 4 mg (1-0-1). Last week, the sugars w...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Suryawanshi
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The diet plan for you is as follows: Early morning: green tea or black tea. After 10 minutes: three to four soaked almonds and walnuts. Breakfast: one glass of skimmed milk and three idlis with sambhar (avoid coconut chutney) or khandvi or besan chela or moong dal che...  Read Full »

I have high cholesterol and a fatty liver. Please suggest a diet chart.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male, who has high cholesterol and a fatty liver. In our home, we use groundnut oil for cooking, and I use up to six teaspoons of ghee every day. I consume alcohol twice a day. But now, I have decided to stop alcohol and follow a strict diet. Tell me a diet that I sh...  Read Full »
Dr. Sanchari Majumder
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and following is the diet chart for you.  Early morning 7 AM - green tea with a biscuit or half plate sprouts. Breakfast 8.30 AM - a bowl of oatmeal or two pieces of brown bread and egg white o...  Read Full »

How can we manage diabetes with proper drug and diet?
Query: Hi doctor, I am diabetic for past four years. I am taking Tablet Glynase MF for diabetes. My FBS is 200 mg/dL, PPBS is 300 mg/dL and Hba1c is 8 %. Kindly provide proper drug and diet for managing blood sugar.  Read Full »
Dr. Surbhi Agrawal
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Follow the diabetic diet and exercise daily for at least 30 minutes. Here is a sample diet to help you understand the diet. Early Morning: Green tea (sugarless), Breakfast: Nonfried preparations or whole wheat bread or vegetable poha, upma, idli sambhar. Mid-Mo...  Read Full »

What is the diet plan for a 55-year-old diabetic male patient?
Query: Hello doctor, My father is 55 years old and weigh 70 kg. He is suffering from sugar disease. Please inform the precautions to be taken to maintain the correct sugar levels and please inform the complete diet chart including fruits which are to be avoided or preferred. His normal food is tiffin in t...  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Zade
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Diet prescription is as follows: Early morning: Luke warm water one glass, one teaspoon methi seeds powder or soaked methi (overnight). After half an hour: Tea without sugar or black tea or green tea one cup (without sugar). Breakfast: Upma one plate, one katori sk...  Read Full »

Kindly explain the home remedies to treat sore throat.
Query: Hi doctor, How can we treat a sore throat? Please explain about the OTC medications taken, and the home remedies followed to cure a sore throat.  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are the home remedies followed to treat a sore throat. Drink a mixture of lukewarm water with honey and lime juice a couple of times a day. It gives immediate relief. Grated ginger with green tea is quite helpful. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties with a str...  Read Full »

Would it be dangerous to take Cardarine while on Nardil?
Query: Hello doctor, I am currently on 90 mg of Nardil (Phenelzine), which has proven to be a miracle drug for me. I have found over the years that many drugs you are supposed to avoid while on MAOIs are really acceptable. For instance, in order to counteract the daytime sleepiness side effect, I am actu...  Read Full »
Dr. Danish Qureshi
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Yes, you are right. Bupropion is contraindicated with MAO inhibitors (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) as it may cause seizures. Daytime sleepiness is very hard to avoid, but you may try some natural stimulants like green tea and if needed you c...  Read Full »

What diet can help me reduce my waist size?
Query: Hello doctor, I need to reduce my waist size by 2 inches. Can you recommend drugs, supplements, and a diet to achieve this?  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding the diet, you should take 1200 calories per day. The breakfast should be between 7 to 10 a.m. It should contain an egg, one whole grain bread. You need to have a snack at 12 p.m. It can consist of fruits, green tea or dark chocolate with coffee. Lunch ca...  Read Full »

I want to lose my belly fat. Please give me a solution.
Query: Hi doctor, In two months, I am going to be 24. My weight is 52 kg and my height is 5 feet 3.5 inches. I want to lose some weight, especially belly fat and side fat. Please give me a solution. Thank you.  Read Full »
Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your question. I can see your BMI (body mass index) is 20.0. This is quite standard as per your weight and height are concerned. For losing weight, you should go for meal planning that is diet. Maintain disciplined lifestyle, rest and also dai...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Green Tea? We have medical experts to help you right away.