Grippe

How to avoid cold and flu after winter workout?

Query: Hello doctor, I like to go running. I was a very successful marathon runner when younger. Now I still workout, but my goal, apart from general health is mostly emotional fitness for the job. I work on the phone with customers and I have to be in a strong positive mood to be successful. I am currentl...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is easy to catch cold, particularly if you are in a cold, wet and windy weather. Also, exposure to extremely cold temperature affects you in many ways and can cause frost nip (first stage of frostbite), trench foot (prolonged exposure of feet to cold) and fro...  Read Full »

My 6 weeks old daughter is suffering from loose motion. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 6 weeks old and suffering from loose motion. Her stool is yellowish and watery. She is passing stools with a fart. She passed stools for more than 10 times in 4 hours now. She is completely on breastfeeding. She is not pale and her lips are not dry. Also, she has some ra...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks to be your first child. Normally, children below the age of 6 months pass stools 10 to 15 times a day or once in two days. So, do not worry. Please stop using gripe water. It is not recommended. Nothing other than breastmilk is advisable in the first six months....  Read Full »

Since my childhood I suffer from social phobia.Suggest some ayurvedic medicine.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 65 years old and since my childhood I suffer from social phobia. In spite of trying to control myself, I am unable to keep up my confidence. Suggest some ayurvedic medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Vinod Kumar

Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are virtually no medicines for social phobia.  Following things may help you come out of this phobia. More and more exposure to such situations where you feel this phobia. Avoiding the situation is not the solution. Facing the problem is the real solution. Make ...  Read Full »

Please suggest a medicine for my baby's gas problem.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 28 days old. She is suffering from gas problem. I am not sure if it is colic pain as she does not cry a lot, but she is struggling to pass gas. She is squeezing her entire body to pass gas and due to this, she is not able to sleep properly. She will wake up in the middle of...  Read Full »

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi

Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. New born babies, who are exclusively breastfed, will usually not develop gas like adults. While breastfeeding, they swallow some amount of air, which they try to bring out and strain for that or vomit feeds. It is a very common problem and can be easily overcome by ap...  Read Full »

My 1 month old baby is suffering from severe gas trouble. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My baby girl is 1 month old. I am having a really tough time both physically and mentally. I hope you can help me out. At around 3 weeks, my baby started having gas trouble. I gave gripe water as per guidance from my parents. When I searched on the internet, I found that it is bad for bab...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be going through a lot of stress with your child. Please calm down. All these phenomena are completely normal till the age of 6 months in every child. I believe this must be your first child and that is why all the confusion. Normal things that every first...  Read Full »

How to overcome the fear of electric shock?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 17 years old and mostly healthy. I had an EEG and an MRI several months back; both came back fine. I suffer from OCD related tension headaches. On the 15th, I was in my father's office looking for something. It was too dark and so I decided to turn on my dad's lamp. It is an archa...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your symptoms with chronological order. Emotional changes are commonly observed after minimal to moderate electric shock. So, the symptoms you had might be because of the mild shock, which you got while switching on the lamp. As you described, you had some sy...  Read Full »

Will antirabies injection work seven months after exposure?

Query: Hello doctor,Under the influence of alcohol, I committed a blunder by making intimacy with my own pet dog last year. From that day onwards, I started to develop health problems such as weakness, mild fever, headache, tingling, unexplainable inflammation and burning sensation of the genitals area. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You underwent many tests and all of them were normal except for some infection and for that, you are having ant-biotic. You can talk to your nearby doctor regarding rabies and can take antirabies course of injections to prevent rabies. Otherwise, you are doing fine....  Read Full »

Anxiety: an Everyday Occurrence or Is There Something More to It?

Article Overview: Anxiety is a minor psychiatric illness that is extremely common. Early recognition of the symptoms helps in advocating the right treatment. This article discusses the common signs and symptoms of anxiety and the available treatment strategies. Read Article »

Dr. Alok Vinod Kulkarni

Occasional anxiety is a normal part of life. One might feel anxious in certain situations like being faced with a problem at work, while speaking in the presence of a large audience, before taking an important exam, or while taking an important decision. When this anxiety becomes pervasive enough to ... Read Article »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.