Growth Cycle

Related Terms: Pcos, Pcod, Hair Loss, Conception And Pregnancy, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Obesity, Bmi, Contraceptive Pill

Please explain the growth cycle of a female child.
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is nine years old. She had body odor in the armpit. I was alarmed because it smelled like an adult body odor. She had sweating. A few days ago, she told about her nipple that one nipple looks normal and the other one looks hard. I want to know whether she has reached the pube...  Read Full »
Dr. Simy Mathew
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is normal to have these findings now because a few kids have it. Normal growth cycle follows these ways. The first one is thelarche. In this, there is a development of the breast. The second one is pubarche. In this, there is a development of pubic hair. Then the nex...  Read Full »

I have hair fall of 10 to 20 strands a day. Is there anything to worry?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 14 years old. My problem is that when I brush my hair, I found my hair on it. My hair fall is 10 to 20 hairs a day. Is there anything to worry?  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hair is one the fastest growing cells in the body. Hair has different growth cycles like anagen (growing phase), telogen (resting phase), and catagen. Losing 50 to 100 hairs per day is considered normal. Old hairs are replaced by new hairs. If you are losing hairs on t...  Read Full »

Hair Superfoods: What to Eat for Hair Fall Control?
Article Overview: Having a mane of healthy and shiny hair is everybody's dream. But, given our busy schedules and eating pattern, we do not give our tresses the care they deserve, until it is too late and hair starts falling out at alarming rates. So, what can we do to reverse the damage? Eat right!  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S

Each strand of hair is attached to our scalp by the hair follicle. Hair goes through three stages during their growth cycle, namely, the growth phase, transitional phase, and the resting phase. The growth phase lasts for approximately 1000 days, after which the follicle rests for 100 days, which is ...  Read Article »

Hair Loss - Common Causes and Hair Care Tips
Article Overview: Scalp hair has cosmetic value. Hair loss has become the most worrisome issue for both men and women. When a man or woman starts losing hair, it makes an impact on the psychological health, self-esteem, and confidence.  Read Article »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Hair loss is a common condition faced by people of all age groups. There are various causes for hair loss. Hence understanding hair growth cycle is important to determine if the hair fall is normal or is due to an underlying cause. The Growth Cycle of Hair: The human scalp has around one hundred t ...  Read Article »

Androgenic Alopecia (Pattern Baldness)
Article Overview: Hair loss is one of the main problems in males and millions are getting bald at a younger age than previously observed. The reasons are excessively stressful lives, as well as other environmental causes. So, here I have compiled detailed information about the problem along with all the available treatment options for one to select either medical or home-based options for treating the condition.  Read Article »
Dr. Archana

Male pattern hair loss is more common in many people and is called androgenic alopecia. Usually, it begins around the temples and on the top of the head. It is M-shaped at first to reach around the head and insides. The complete scalp can be involved at times. Generally, it is associated with sex ho ...  Read Article »

I am a 25-year-old male with extreme hair loss. Kindly advice.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male with extreme hair loss. I was on Rogaine 5 %, Finax 1 mg, but losing lots of hair from the vertex.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your history looks like you have androgenetic alopecia, which is a genetic and hormonal hair loss. Are you still using Rogaine and Finax? Minoxidil and Finasteride are the medicine of choice for androgenetic alopecia. Can you please upload your clinical pictures so...  Read Full »

Hair Loss in Children - How to Treat It with Homeopathy?
Article Overview: Hair loss is fairly common in kids and it is easy to treat with homeopathy if the underlying cause is known. Read on to know the best approach to take.  Read Article »
Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Homeopathic Physician

Hair loss is an issue we usually associate with adults, but hair loss is fairly common in children as well. A majority of children (26 months or older) have hair loss problem and it can be frightening for parents. As compared to adults, it is easier to treat or grow back hair in children once the un ...  Read Article »

Can a teenage boy grow taller than his parents?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a boy and my height is 5.1 feet, my father's height is 5.0 feet and mother's height is under 5 feet. So, can I grow 5.6 feet? Because my head is bigger than my body so I look awkward. Kindly help me, please.  Read Full »
Dr. Sreerag B Prasad
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Being a teenager, your body is actively growing in length and you will probably grow more until your bone's growth plates fuse. Taking both your mother's and father's height as 5 feet, the expected height is roughly 5'4'' with a little room for changes either way. Vi...  Read Full »

I am a teenage girl. Will my height increase further?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a girl. My height is 5, but my parents are much taller. My mom's height is 5'6" and father's 5'8". Will I grow or is it my final height? When I went to a doctor in my city he said that I stopped growing. Is it true? I have already had a period for a year and a half?  Read Full »
Dr. Md. Kamrul Hasan Sajib
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern very carefully. You are worried about your height. It is an important issue of everyone’s life. Usually, growth occurs up to 18 years. After that growth ceases. Growth depends on various factors like familial, nutritional, pathological. The high...  Read Full »

My teenage sister does not have a period from almost a year. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, My younger sister who is 15 years and 5 months had her first period last year and again had her second period a month later. But, after that, she did not have her periods at all. We consulted a gynecologist who suggested an ultrasound. The report reveals a small uterus 53.3 by 19.9 mm...  Read Full »
Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your sister could be having polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). It is a metabolic problem which is quite common these days. This is not a disease per se related to the ovaries but, to the whole metabolism of the body. This usually manifests as irregular cycles, ex...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Growth Cycle? We have medical experts to help you right away.