Gynecomastia

Related Terms: Obesity, Testosterone, Breast Cancer, Breast Enlargement, Breast Lump, Estradiol, Herpes Zoster

Query: Dear doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I am worried about my breast. When I was 10 years old, I found there are some circular discs inside both my breasts. It was untreated then as I am too young. And forgot about it. But in recent time, after 15 years, I am just worried again. The lump are in both ...  Read Full »
Dr. Abhishek Vijayakumar
Plastic Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have something called gynecomastia. It is very common among males of your age group. It is the continuation of a normal physiological process. There are four grades based on the size. There is no medication to treat it. Leaving it does not cause any health issues...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19-year-old boy. I have gynecomastia and no facial hair at all. I also have several acne on my face and my back and chest. I think I have a hormonal imbalance. I have attached a copy of my hormone test reports. My FSH level is low at 0.74 µIU/mL but my LH level is normal at 4.9...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears that although your FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) is slightly low your testosterone and other gonadotrophic hormones are normal so it does not make a difference. Us...  Read Full »

Drug-Induced Gynecomastia - Diagnosis and Treatment

Article Overview: This article explains about the medications that cause gynecomastia, that is, the enlargement of the male breast. The article discusses the mechanism of its development, monitoring, and treatment.
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal
Pharmacologist

Gynecomastia is the enlargement of the male breast. Drug-induced gynecomastia is common (1 to 2.5 %), especially with antipsychotics. Typically Phenothiazines and Butyrophenones cause gynecomastia. Sometimes, Risperidone also causes it. Mechanism of Action of Antipsychotics: Antipsychotics ac ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I had a gynecomastia surgery last week, and a week later my right breast was swollen. So, I went to see my doctor, and he said I have fluid accumulated in my chest. He opened my stitches and placed a scissor inside, and took out the fluid and blood, and closed the incision. It was very pa...  Read Full »
Dr. Vikram Kumar Raja
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you had the first time was hematoma or blood collection which was drained. Now, what you have is a seroma, which usually gets absorbed by the body in a couple of weeks. I would suggest you wait or if you want to confirm if it is a seroma or hematoma, you can get a...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. My weight is 80 kilogram, and my height is 5'9 feet. I have gynecomastia for the past four years. Please recommend some medicines.  Read Full »
Dr. Albana Greca
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you have hormonal problems as per your weight. You should check your thyroid hormones, sex hormones and a complete biochemistry panel (liver and kidney function test). If everything is fine, then it can be due to hormonal changes at your young age. So the treatm...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 16 year old male with gynecomastia. I weigh 70 kg and I am about 5' 4". How can I reduce gynecomastia without surgery?  Read Full »
Dr. Tanvi Mayur Patel
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gynecomastia during puberty of your age is normal. It will subside in one year's time on its own. Do not worry about it. If you are overweight or obese, then you must lose weight. No medicine is required right now and please do not develop any complex because of it...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I had prolactinoma diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism. I was treated with cabergoline and hydrocortisone for a few years and then taken off hydrocortisone when the adrenals began to function properly. My most recent blood tests came back normal, and I was tested for loads of other...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gynecomastia could be due to a testosterone deficiency, thyroid disorder or adrenal insufficiency in your case. Since your prolactin levels are normal and there is no further growth, it is no longer due to the prolactinoma. I would suggest you have your serum testoster...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. My height is 5'10" and weight is 87 kg. I am having gynecomastia. I have attached the biochemical test results, laboratory reports. Please guide the treatment if I have low testosterone.  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your testosterone levels are normal. But, you need to undergo further tests like serum TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), serum estradiol and serum prolactin for the evaluation of gynecomastia. Kindly get these tests done and revert back with the reports. Revert back with...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My problem is that I am having man boobs and love handles. They just will not go away. I workout and reduced a lot of fat, but the fat in this area is stubborn. I want to know whether there is any hormonal imbalance in my body like high content of estrogen. What tests should I undergo to ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is called gynecomastia which is quite common and needs treatment due to cosmetic reasons. First of all, this may be natural following obesity or due to hormonal imbalance inside you. You need a checkup whether there is any hormonal imbalance. A testicular examination...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. My complaint is that I have a breast lump in my right breast lower outer quadrant. I noticed it three days ago. I have pain at that site. I also noticed redness in the surrounding areas. I have poor beard growth and chest hair so I suspect that it could be gyn...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most probably it is gynecomastia as it is common in young age and may cause pain, Although, breast cancer is rare in males, it is more aggressive with rapid growth and spread. I suggest that you take painkillers and send me a photo of the red lump Also if you have...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Gynecomastia? We have medical experts to help you right away.