Haemoglobin

Related Terms: Low Hemoglobin, Iron Supplement, Iron Defeciency Anemia, Hemoglobin, Folic Acid, Hba1c, Complete Blood Count, Diabetes

Is my low hemoglobin related to periods or blood donation?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female. I have donated blood twice (in December and March respectively) and my hemoglobin level was 12.1 g/dL. Yesterday, I had gone to donate blood. But, I was not able to do so because of my low hemoglobin level (9.5 g/dL). I am just wondering if the drop in my hemog...  Read Full »
Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hemoglobin (Hb) level does not drop down during your periods unless you have abnormally excessive bleeding. It could be a result of frequent blood donation. Maybe your body did not get enough time to regenerate the lost blood. So, give some time for your body to rege...  Read Full »

Donating blood is one of the noblest acts that anyone can perform. Your blood donation can save lives of many people. In order to keep this life-saving process going on, blood donors are required to keep themselves fit and healthy. Blood donors sometimes donate too much blood in too short of a time and put themselves into serious medical problems including, but not limited to anemia, bruising, …

Read Full »

How can I make my little child eat well?
Query: Hello doctor,My 2-year-old boy does not eat food and does not drink milk. I am very worried. Can you kindly suggest me right treatment to solve this problem?  Read Full »
Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kids disliking food or milk is a very strange state. This usually it happens due to faulty weaning practices. I suggest the following: Check his weight. Is he losing weight? Weight loss needs to be evaluated with blood tests like haemoglobin. Worm infes...  Read Full »

What are the possible reasons for head reeling?
Query: Hello doctor, My grandmother is 98 years old. Of late, she is complaining of head reeling often. She does not have high blood pressure or diabetes and her haemoglobin is normal. She has roti in the morning, rice and dal for lunch and roti for dinner. Her bowel movements are normal. What may be the ...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Udey
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good to see your concern about your grandmother. But one thing you have to keep in mind always is that she belongs to a very fragile age group. Just like the young ones, old people also need special care. A most common condition in this age group is malnutriti...  Read Full »

Why are my hematocrit, RBC, Hb, and mean cell volume elevated?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been feeling unwell for a long time. These are my recent blood results. My doctor says that my hematocrit, RBC count, hemoglobin and mean cell volume have been out of the normal range for at least 10 years as that is how far back he can see. I think it should be investigated. W...  Read Full »
Dr. Smrita Singh
Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your hemoglobin and hematocrit values are slightly high. Your RBC count is only marginally elevated since the upper limit of normal is 5.5 million/cu.mm. With these values, there is a suspicion of you having hemochromatosis or an early stage of polycythemia vera. In ...  Read Full »

I have GERD. Can you suggest any treament?
Query: Hello Doctor, I have been suffering from stomach ulcer for the past 2 years. Till now the ulcer was not severe, but since few days I have been having stomach pain everytime after having food. Doctor diagnosed that, I have GERD. But even then I faced GERD problems rarely. But for the past 3 weeks ...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. At the age of 24 year it is unlikely that you have ulcer in the stomach. It could be GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) that is causing all these symptoms, but after long time it may cause ulcer. If you are not responding to PPIs (Proton-Pump Inhibitors) then it co...  Read Full »

I am 6 months pregnant.I have beta thalassemia.Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I am 6 months pregnant. My hemoglobin level is 8.3g/dL and I have heterozygous state of beta thalassemia. My doctor has advised for blood transfusion. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iciniq.com.   The beta thalassemia carrier state, which results from heterozygosity for beta thalassemia, is clinically asymptomatic and is defined by specific hematological features. Considering that you are 6 months pregnant and your hemoglobin is 8.3 g/dL  indicates moderate a...  Read Full »

How to identify the reason for palpitations?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from heart palpitations. Also, I have occasional breathlessness. For a while, I used Propranolol. But, it did not work. So, the doctor asked me to do a thyroid test and the result was normal. I do not know what to do. Please help  Read Full »
Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Palpitations can be out of two types. Sinus arrhythmia (only fast heart rate, but rhythm is normal) and this is not to be worried. Arrhythmias - There are many types of arrhythmias, some are atrial in origin and some are ventricular in origin. If your thyroid...  Read Full »

I am severely anemic. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a severely anemic patient. I have been on iron and B12 shots for three decades, but still, there is no improvement. I have got enlarged spleen, IBS, and also no absorption from the gut. I had undergone so many tests but nobody seems to have answers. I stay exhausted, dizzy and pa...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you are on iron and vitamin B12 shots, I would assume that it could be nutritional. It is obvious that no absorption from the gut and also IBS will complicate it. Enlarged spleen could be due to increased destruction in spleen or production of cells in the spleen to ...  Read Full »

My health is deteriorating due to masturbation. What do I do?
Query: Hello, I am a 30 year old male. I do not have any other health issues. My problem is regarding my deteriorating health condition after each masturbation. Usually I have been masturbating since very longtime. But since last few months, I have reduced the frequency to once in a week. After each mastur...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. What you call a deteriorating medical condition is not due to masturbation. Masturbation is absolutely normal for any human being and science has clearly demonstrated that it does not have any bad effects on the body. You can take it as a normal sexual activity wher...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Haemoglobin? We have medical experts to help you right away.