Hair Fall

Related Terms: Hair Loss, Hairfall, Acne, Minoxidil, Dandruff, Control Hair Loss, Alopecia Areata

Are hair fall and erectile dysfunction related?
Query: Hello doctor, I am facing hair loss problem, drop in libido, and erectile dysfunction. I am not getting a morning erection for quite some time now. I am getting fat and feel lethargic after a workout. My total testosterone is 2.52 ng/mL or 252 ng/dL, and I took the test in the afternoon. Is it wis...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query, and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you have erectile dysfunction. As you were perfectly normal before, it could be stress-induced. I suggest that you do early morning serum testosterone levels for two days since this was done in...  Read Full »

Does hair fall stop immediately with the use of Proscar?
Query: Hi doctor,I have been on Rogaine for 6 years and now on Proscar for 10 days. I had used it before, but went off. I cannot tell if I am still losing hair or not. Does hair loss stop immediately once Proscar is used?  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Both, Minoxidil and Finasteride takes time to act and in some cases it will take two to three months. Both are FDA - Food and Drug Administration approved for androgenic alopecia. You should always remember that if it is used once, then you need to take it for a lifetime...  Read Full »

Is hair fall common after a surgery?
Query: Hi doctor, Last year, I noticed hair fall. Then, I had a surgery for appendix and post surgery my hair fall increased severely. I have checked vitamin D, B12 and ferritin levels. Everything is normal. Since, I am a vegetarian my doctor put me on some multivitamin tablets. I am also taking biotin tab...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from acute telogen effluvium. Telogen effluvium is a self-limiting disorder and is very common after any surgical procedure. Keep taking the multivitamins and there is no need for Minoxidil because it is mainly for androgenic alopecia. If you applied it...  Read Full »

Are hair fall, skin infections, and overweight due to hypothyroidism?
Query: Hello doctor, I have hypothyroidism. With that, I am facing hair fall, skin infections, overweight, high cholesterol, and memory loss. Are all these happening because of thyroid or there are other factors involved? I am a firm believer in Ayurveda but can this be treated with Ayurveda permanently? ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hypothyroidism may cause these symptoms as you have described. But it is other possibilities too. Hair fall may be due to infection, excessive use of different kinds of shampoo and conditioner, changes in food habits and water, stress, etc. Stress and anxiety may lead t...  Read Full »

I have hair fall of 10 to 20 strands a day. Is there anything to worry?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 14 years old. My problem is that when I brush my hair, I found my hair on it. My hair fall is 10 to 20 hairs a day. Is there anything to worry?  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hair is one the fastest growing cells in the body. Hair has different growth cycles like anagen (growing phase), telogen (resting phase), and catagen. Losing 50 to 100 hairs per day is considered normal. Old hairs are replaced by new hairs. If you are losing hairs on t...  Read Full »

I have hair fall problem, and my hair becomes oily and greasy. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old female, who weighs 88 kg and I am 6.1 feet tall. I wash my hair daily morning, but they become oily and greasy by evening. I also have hair fall problem.  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Greasy and oily hair can be an irritating problem, especially when it starts to affect our lifestyle. It could be a consequence of multiple factors such as the effect of hormones, weather, stressful lifestyle, use of thick oils, etc. Hair fall is the end result of all t...  Read Full »

I have hair fall, itching and white flakes on scalp. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, For four years, I have been suffering from severe hair fall. I have also visited a hair clinic once, but their treatment is too expensive. So, I have not continued the treatment. As my earning is very low, I have never visited any good dermatologist. I have tried various products, but the...  Read Full »
Dr. Joydeep Singha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is sebopsoriasis of the scalp (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest a shampoo containing Coal tar and Salicylic acid on alternate day and keep it for 5 to 7 minutes on the hair and then wash. There is no evidence of familial type of hair loss fou...  Read Full »

What can be done for hair fall and dry skin?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 22 years old girl now and am having hair fall. What should I do now? And my skin is dry skin. Which is the best cream for my face and which body lotion is best for me?  Read Full »
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For hair fall, apply Bringharaja thailam or Neeli bringharaja thailam. Use fingers to do the scalp massage with this oil. After one hour of oil-finger massage, the bath should be taken in warm water. This has to be continued weekly twice (minimum) to daily. For the hair...  Read Full »

How to stop hair fall soon?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old. I have a problem of hair fall. My hairs fall so quickly, and there is no regrowth of hairs. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nowadays, hair fall is very common due to change in lifestyle and food habits. Excessive use of different kinds of shampoos, conditioners and washing hairs using hard water result in hair fall. Reduced blood supply to the hair roots makes the hair weak, and it leads to ...  Read Full »

Having dandruff and hairfall. Suggest an Ayurvedic procedure or medicine.
Query: Dear Doctor, I have dandruff problem and it is causing massive hair fall. Kindly suggest me any Ayurvedic procedure or medicine for a cure.  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Bhatla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many reasons for dandruff. Close examination can help diagnose the exact reason for dandruff. I am sharing some steps which usually help cure dandruff. Use MahaBhringraj Oil (any good brand) at night to massage scalp with finger tips. Saturate the scalp. On the...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Hair Fall? We have medical experts to help you right away.