Hair Treatments

Related Terms: Hair Loss, Hairfall, Minoxidil, Acne, Pcos, Control Hair Loss, Sunscreen, Homeopathic Acne Scar Treatment

Androgenic Alopecia (Pattern Baldness)

Article Overview: Hair loss is one of the main problems in males and millions are getting bald at a younger age than previously observed. The reasons are excessively stressful lives, as well as other environmental causes. So, here I have compiled detailed information about the problem along with all the available treatment options for one to select either medical or home-based options for treating the condition.
Dr. Archana

Male pattern hair loss is more common in many people and is called androgenic alopecia. Usually, it begins around the temples and on the top of the head. It is M-shaped at first to reach around the head and insides. The complete scalp can be involved at times. Generally, it is associated with sex ho ...  Read Full »

Hair Loss in Children - How to Treat It with Homeopathy?

Article Overview: Hair loss is fairly common in kids and it is easy to treat with homeopathy if the underlying cause is known. Read on to know the best approach to take.
Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Homeopathic Physician

Hair loss is an issue we usually associate with adults, but hair loss is fairly common in children as well. A majority of children (26 months or older) have hair loss problem and it can be frightening for parents. As compared to adults, it is easier to treat or grow back hair in children once the un ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37 year old woman. I weigh 70 kg and my height is 5 feet 4 inches. I am facing severe hairfall problem. I can see the roots coming out with the hair. I am a working professional, had premature graying so I used to apply color to cover gray. Last year I had Adgain capsules and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaunak Patel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate your question. First thing is, I recommend you to do the following tests: FSH (Follicle stimulating hormone) and LH (Luteinizing hormone) ratio. Serum cortisol levels both AM and PM values. Check for ACTH (Adrenocorticotropic hormone) levels in blood. Get the...  Read Full »

Hair Care Through Ayurveda

Article Overview: Ayurveda does miracles in hair fall, and in maintenance of healthy hair and scalp. This article discusses the causes for hair fall and the steps to prevent loss of hair.
Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Normal and Abnormal Hair Fall: If there is a fall of more than 100 hair strands per day, it is considered as abnormal hair fall, less than that is considered as normal. However, there will be a fall of more than 200-250 hair strands after shampooing which is absolutely normal. Causes for Hair Fall ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am considering hair transplant. I would like to know and understand the procedure. Please advise.    Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following are my observations, The hair transplant surgeon removes small groups of hair follicle containing skin from areas where there is normal hair growth. These small plugs are then implanted in to the bald areas of the head where hair growth is desired. This is ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,I would like to go for hair transplantation. So, kindly advice me about which is the best option.  Read Full »
Dr. Vikram Kumar Raja
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can see that you have grade 7 baldness with limited donor hair. But, you have also got small, thinned-out hair in the hair loss area. So my suggestion is as follows. Hair transplant can give you a go...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing hair loss problem. I have read somewhere that laser comb helps regrow hair on the scalp. Is it worth buying the laser comb? Do they actually work?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and understand your concern. There are laser combs, which claim hair regrowth. They claim to be effective in treating hair loss problem. These are low-intensity laser devices that claim to stimulate the growth of the hair follicle. There are only tw...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old boy. I am suffering from hair fall. How to get it cured? Please advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Shaunak Patel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very normal for around 100 hairs to fall each day. We do not notice this because all of those do not fall at once. Second of all, I would like to ask you whether is it hereditary on your maternal and paternal side? It is called androgenic hair loss. With these major...  Read Full »

Alopecia - Hair loss Treatment Through Homeopathy

Article Overview: Hair fall or alopecia is a very common condition seen in many young people. Hair fall can be a genetic problem or due to some external factors. Depending on the cause of hair fall, homeopathic remedies are prescribed. The well selected homeopathic remedy not only helps to reduce the hair fall but also enhances the physical and mental wellbeing.
Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Homeopathic Physician

Nowadays, hair fall problem is gradually increasing. Many young adults have been complaining about hair loss issues. Some of them complain about genetic or hereditary kind of hair loss, while some of them complain hair fall after the use of certain medications or due to some external factors li ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor,I am 21 years old and having an extensive hair loss. The middle part of my head is almost bald. I am losing a lot of hair on the left. Currently, I have taken no medical help. I am also having black spots all over my legs and arms. Also, I have these little eruptions on my head and it is i...  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pattern of your hair loss is suggestive of hormonal etiology. Kindly mention if there is any family history of baldness in females. Mention if you are suffering from any thyroid disorders, have been on any crash diets, leading a stressful life or any other he...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Hair Treatments? We have medical experts to help you right away.