Medical Advice on "Hair Treatments"

I appreciate your question. First thing is, I recommend you to do the following tests: FSH (Follicle stimulating hormone) and LH (Luteinizing hormone) ratio. Serum cortisol levels both AM and PM values. Check for ACTH (Adrenocorticotropic hormone) levels in blood. Get the … View thread »

This article discusses the causes for hair fall and the steps to prevent loss of hair … View thread »

The following are my observations, The hair transplant surgeon removes small groups of hair follicle containing skin from areas where there is normal hair growth. These small plugs are then implanted in to the bald areas of the head where hair growth is desired. This is … View thread »

From your photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can see that you have grade 7 baldness with limited donor hair. But, you have also got small, thinned-out hair in the hair loss area. So my suggestion is as follows. Hair transplant can give you a … View thread »

I have read your query and understand your concern. There are laser combs, which claim hair regrowth. They claim to be effective in treating hair loss problem. These are low-intensity laser devices that claim to stimulate the growth of the hair follicle. There are only … View thread »

It is very normal for around 100 hairs to fall each day. We do not notice this because all of those do not fall at once. Second of all, I would like to ask you whether is it hereditary on your maternal and paternal side? It is called androgenic hair loss. With these major … View thread »

Hair fall can be a genetic problem or due to some external factors. Depending on the cause of hair fall, homeopathic remedies are prescribed. The well selected homeopathic remedy not only helps to reduce the hair fall but … View thread »

The pattern of your hair loss is suggestive of hormonal etiology. Kindly mention if there is any family history of baldness in females. Mention if you are suffering from any thyroid disorders, have been on any crash diets, leading a stressful life or any other … View thread »

Drugs like Dutasteride acts by inhibition of conversion of testosterone to its more active and potent form of dihydrotestosterone. Thus the side effects may include loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, low mood, irritability and depression. Although, the frequency of … View thread »

And answer questions like, how much hair is lost daily? Will dandruff lead to hair loss? How to oil your hair? How should conditioner be used? What causes split ends? Will shortening the hair reduce hair loss … View thread »

Do you have a question on Hair Treatments? We have medical experts to help you right away.