Health Drink

I am going on losing weight after shifting to hostel. Shall I take some supplement?

Query: Hi doctor, I am doing my college first year now and living in a hostel. While in my home, my health was good and I had even joined a gym for bodybuilding. After going to hostel, I only ate food given in the mess and sometimes, snacks from outside. After two months, I returned home and everyone was s...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry about your health because this happens to every student who stay in hostels. First of all, do not skip any meal in a day. Have bananas in your room, so that you do not keep yourself fasting for long. You can have small packets of health drink, which you can...  Read Full »

Please suggest a good diet to improve the immunity of a 9 months old baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is almost 9 months now. She is gaining good weight and height. What should I include in her diet chart to boost immunity, height and make her complexion bright? Please provide a good dietary solution.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Congratulations for having the little miracle. I guess she is breastfed. If that is correct, then she got plenty from her mom. Regarding the diet, the important point is to make sure that she gets all essential nutrients. Add diet rich in vitamin C, E and A, frui...  Read Full »

What diet can I take to increase my weight? I am lactose intolerant. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old male, who is 5.9 feet tall and weighs 55 kg. I take vegetables, egg, fish but not meat. I am lactose intolerant for the past three years. If I take any milk products, it causes gastritis instantly, and I have to take an antacid. I cannot take whey protein because of thi...  Read Full »

Dr. Durga Kumari

Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have mentioned that you are suffering from lactose intolerance, which means a decreased ability to digest milk sugar that is, lactose. You need not worry because you can have soy products like soy milk, tofu, and soy yogurt. Do not take whey protein or any other pr...  Read Full »

Include Cinnamon in Your Diet - a Blessing in Disguise

Article Overview: This article discusses the benefits of including cinnamon in your diet and some practical ways to use it. Read Article »

Dr. Noela David Andrew David

Dietician

Benefits of Taking Cinnamon The benefits of taking cinnamon include: It has cancer-treating properties (anticancer properties). It helps in regulating blood sugar levels. It also reduces bad cholesterol (LDL cholesterol - low-density lipoproteins) levels in the blood. Brings down arthrit ... Read Article »

What is the exact dose of Meftal-P for a 22 months old?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter got fever since last night. It has been 24 hours and her fever is between 102 and 103.5 degree Fahrenheit. She has no other symptom till now. She is 22 months old. We are giving her Fevago drops. What can we do for her?  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be a viral fever, so continue giving Paracetamol that is Fevago every 4 to 5 hours irrespective of fever. If fever is above 101 degree Fahrenheit, then start tepid sponging and give Meftal-P syrup (Mefenamic acid) instead of Paracetamol. If the fever...  Read Full »

I am using Refresh eye drops for five years. Will it be a problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 66-year-old male with no hypertension and non-diabetic. Since many years I have the dry eye problems and have been using Refresh tears drops or Refresh Liquigel. Last year, I developed frequent twitching of eyes and eye specialist prescribed the same eye drops and fish oil 1200...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from what we call myokymia. It is a benign twitching of the eyelids. It has been known to be associated with dry eye and other ocular surface disorders. The other know factors which cause and aggravate it are drinking coffee or tea, working outd...  Read Full »

Why am I having high vitamin B12 levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 41 years old and just had lab work done and all tests came back great other than B12 which was 1243. But RBC, WBC, and everything were perfect. Is this a huge concern?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your vitamin B12 level is slightly high. In such cases, hematological profile, liver, and kidney profile have to be checked. I want to check your full CBC and peripheral smear examination report as well. So, kindly upload it so that I can comment on that. Kindly prov...  Read Full »

Why do I have heart palpitations with anxiety?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old male. My weight is 240 lb and height is 5'9" tall. I have anxiety disorder for about six years now. Mostly all the time with anxiety, I have heart palpitations like I feel my heart missed a beat or it is working very slow and it starts working very fast. During this ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you are worried about your heart investigations. At-large there is nothing they found on later EKG (electrocardiography) report. And in both the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) heart markers troponin-I is normal and in range mea...  Read Full »

Any help or suggestions to prevent the loose stools ?

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is 83 years old. She had a bad fall 1.5 years ago and suffered with a head injury with little internal bleeding and a broken arm. While in hospital, she contracted C.diff and has had several recurring bouts with it. She has had a transplant and so far she is doing well with no rec...  Read Full »

Dr. Pritam Mohapatra

Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate you seeking help for your mother. Well, after having gone through the case history as described, it seems her fecal incontinence is mostly of neurological origin. In the given context, I would advise that she would be clinically examined by a neuro physic...  Read Full »

Can masturbation cause nervous system diseases?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 21 years old. I am addicted to masturbation. Now suddenly, I got muscle spasm and body pain. Can masturbation cause nervous system diseases?  Read Full »

Dr. Junaid Nabi

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Masturbation is a universal habit. It is present in most human beings. It helps to maintain sexual hormone levels, acts as a stress buster, and in males it protects against prostate problems and cancer. Also, the old sperms are pushed out of the body, to make way for...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.

Ask a Specialist Now

Get Expert advice/consultation in 3 steps
1
Describe your health issue
2
Upload documents
3
Pay consultation fee