Hearing Problems

Related Terms: Hearing Loss, Levocetirizine, Spectacles, Diabetes, Tinnitus, Antibiotics, Hearing Aid

I am having hearing problem only in the left ear. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, For the past few days, I am not able to hear properly through my left ear and it is almost down to 50%. I have consulted an ENT specialist and they suggested for a CT scan. Everything is fine in the scan. Sugar and BP levels are normal and they injected some steroids for two days. Still, ...  Read Full »
Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and you have developed sudden hearing loss in your left ear for the last few days. As you are neither hypertensive nor diabetic, the possibilities are acute labyrinthitis, eustachian tube dysfunction and idiopathic. Now, you have to consult your ...  Read Full »

Please explain my hearing problem from the audiogram report.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I am having trouble with my left ear hearing. But, I never took much care to sort it. Lately, I found it is little awkward. I am having an old audiogram result with me. Please look through it and tell your advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have an almost nil hearing in the left ear (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your right ear is normal. So, all your hearing is through right ear and problem you already have is difficulty in localizing speech other than hearing loss. Unilateral heari...  Read Full »

What should I do for blocked ears?
Query: Hello doctor, I want some advice on my blocked ears. My ears are also paining since 7 days. Since last week, I have been suffering from cough and cold. As both the ears are blocked, I have been suffering a hearing problem too. I think wax is stuck inside my ears. I have been using an ear drops twic...  Read Full »
Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: HiWelcome to icliniq.com.I understand your concern, and most likely you are suffering from eustachian tube catarrh. This is a clinical condition arises due to eustachian tube dysfunction. The eustachian tube is a tubular connection between the middle ear and throat. Main function of this is to maint...  Read Full »

What can be done for age-related hearing loss?
Query: Hello doctor,My 68 year old mother has a hearing problem. I understand it is due to her age but is there any device which can enhance the hearing in her case?  Read Full »
Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are various causes for hearing problems. Among them, the most common one is an age-related hearing loss known as presbycusis. If hearing loss is significant and confirmed by an audiological examination such as pure tone audiogram, she can use hearing aids. Hear...  Read Full »

I am unable to work because of headaches, balance problem, and tinnitus. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old female, and I weigh 60 kg and 5.3 feet tall. From the last 2.5 years, I have suffered from headaches and balance problems. I had an MRI, which was seen by an ENT two years back, and it was all clear. At that time, I was off work for six months as I kept stumbling. These...  Read Full »
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details or your problem: What exactly happens in balance problem? Do you fall while walking? Or have a feeling of falling? Do you have any associated hearing problem? Is there a history of any ear discharge? As your primary complaint...  Read Full »

My brain CT shows hypodensities under the putamen. Does this warrant a brain MRI?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 years old male. I have been having sudden dizzy spells from the last month. I had a normal eye and heart tests, which were also reassuring, I have moderately high blood pressure. The doctor told me to get a brain CT scan, and the reports came back normal. However, the descr...  Read Full »
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details about your symptoms: What exactly happened during the dizzy spell? Do you feel your surrounding rotating around you? Or feel your head spinning? Do you feel blackening in front of your eyes, heart rate getting faster, sweating, and fee...  Read Full »

Kindly interpret MRI taken for dizziness and headaches in a smoker.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 33 years old female smoker 170 cm, 72 kg and recently have my MRI scan on the brain. My reason for MRI was dizziness, headaches, and pain in joints, legs. Can you please tell me your opinion about the result? This the impression: T2 FLAIR hyperintensity foci within the white matter ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand the issue. In my opinion, the finding in your MRI suggests that some of the nerve coverings (neuronal coverings) in your brain have weakened. The changes are subtle, not to that extent when we can call it a disease. Giddiness you have is very less likely to...  Read Full »

Can we correct back pain through chiropractic treatment?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. I have mild back pain for over two years. Also, I feel uncomfortable while walking, a feeling of unbalance and pain in my right leg. I have gone to orthopedician and he recommended for an MRI scan of spine. I have attached the report here. The MRI scan shows mild ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your symptoms and I saw the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is no worrisome compression on your cord. You should do spinal extension exercises and isometric neck exercises to prevent significant spinal degeneration. The sca...  Read Full »

What are the causes and treatment of hypochondroplasia?
Query: Hello doctor, My friend's son has been diagnosed with hypochondroplasia. He is 11 months old. His height is 50 cm and weight is approximately 5 kg. Kindly suggest the best treatment.  Read Full »
Dr. Sirisha
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hypochondroplasia is a rare and genetically inherited condition. It involves the skeletal system, and the child's height and weight are definitely low. And birth history (attachment removed to protect patient identity) also suggests some abnormality. What about the pare...  Read Full »

My friend suffers with low heart rate after head injury. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, This query is with regard to one of my friends. He got an accident five months back. He was hospitalized in ICU. Blood came from his ear and so had a CT scan done. An ENT doctor said that his ear is fine and no hearing problem. Later he was shifted to his native. He was in ICU there. Hi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Probably your friend has got head injury that is causing the brain edema which is causing the low heart rate known as bradycardia. He should get a repeat CT done. We usually give saline, antibiotics and Mannitol to reduce the swelling tha...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Hearing Problems? We have medical experts to help you right away.