Heart Attack

Related Terms: ECG, Chest Pain, Hypertension, Angioplasty, Anxiety, Palpitations, Coronary Artery Disease

Heart Attack and Its Early Recognition
Article Overview: This article focuses on how to identify heart attack symptoms, steps to control it and prevent permanent further damage to the heart.  Read Article »
Dr. Mir Osman Ali

Heart is the vital pumping organ of the body. Its damage can be catastrophic, but the good news is that there are preventive measures. Heart attack is irreversible death of heart tissue, which occurs when the oxygen supply to a specific part of the heart cuts off due to decreased blood supply or pa ...  Read Article »

Heart Attack: the Silent Killer in 21st Century
Article Overview: Heart diseases are extremely common in the present day given the modern lifestyle and the numerous stresses existing in the 21st century. This article enumerates the causes of heart attack, elaborates the symptoms of heart attack and deals with preventive and therapeutic strategies.  Read Article »
Dr. Alok Vinod Kulkarni

Ischemia refers to an obstruction in blood flow. Ischemic heart disease (IHD) is a spectrum that includes angina pectoris, atherosclerosis, coronary artery disease and myocardial infarction. Acute myocardial infarction, commonly known as heart attack, is a serious problem. Heart Attack - Typical Pr ...  Read Article »

Heart Attack Explained
Article Overview: This article describes heart attack in simple language, which can be easily understood by common people.  Read Article »
Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Our heart works as a pump. As water pump pulls water from back pipes and pushes it to forward pipes, so is the function of our living pump. It receives blood from the body and pumps it forward to the body. Blood contains oxygen and nutrients that our body metabolizes to generate energy, which is re ...  Read Article »

Is heart attack genetic?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old female. My father who is 65 years old has suffered from two very severe heart attacks, one recently and another two years back. His father and brother both died in their 50s from heart attacks. Is heart attack genetic? Should my son and I get tested?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, heart attack has a genetic component coupled with environmental elements like lifestyle, etc. Your chance of acquiring it depends on both of your parents. Likewise, your son acquiring it depends on you and your husband. But you are at an increased risk, so you...  Read Full »

My grandfather had heart attack. Please suggest a suitable treatment for him.
Query: Hi doctor, My grandfather is 82 years old. He has diabetes as well as Alzheimer's. He had a heart attack before 15 days. Doctors are confused whether to go in for angioplasty or bypass considering his age and diabetic history. He had congestion in the lungs and had breathlessness and sleeplessness...  Read Full »
Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your grandfather's details (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Angioplasty above the age of 80 is not a good option. The patient is a subject for CABG (coronary artery bypass graft). Ejection fraction of the patient is 35% only,...  Read Full »

Healthy Lifestyle to Prevent Heart Attack
Article Overview: This article talks about diet, exercises, and other general advice to prevent heart diseases.  Read Article »

A healthy lifestyle is very important, especially in those who have a risk for heart diseases, like individuals who are obese, people with a family history of heart attack, smokers, sedentary lifestyle, etc. Diet: One should avoid fatty, oily, and high-calorie diet. Individuals should co ...  Read Article »

Should one worry about heart attack at the age of 32?
Query: Hello doctor,My wife had an echo, stress test, and several EKGs and a 30-day event monitor done about three and a half years ago. She still gets a slight pain in the chest area from time to time. Her grandparents were the only ones that had any heart trouble. She also has extreme health anxiety abou...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unfortunately, I got no clues on what were the results of those cardiac investigations. If possible, can you please elaborate a little bit on what was the outcome of those hearts tests you mentioned earlier? If I assume there was not much they found abnormal in the ...  Read Full »

My dad had a heart attack. Can we wait for 2 to 3 days to do bypass surgery?
Query: Hello doctor, My father, who is 61 years old, suddenly had chest pain, excessive sweating, and vomiting, yesterday at 6 AM. Currently, he is fine, but he is still having chest pain, so the doctor gave him oxygen today. As per his doctor, he had a heart attack, and the pain will go away after some ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If he had a heart attack, then it is better to shift him to a higher center with facility for cardiac care like angiography is available. He will need further management like echocardiography, angiography, and stenting if significant blockages are there. Also, med...  Read Full »

My uncle had a heart attack. What are the chances of recovery based on his report?
Query: Hello doctor,My uncle had a heart attack four days back. The balloon was put, and he had three stents. The balloon is being removed tomorrow. The reports are three days old and were taken before two stents are inserted. I just want to know what are the chances of recovery based on the report and dam...  Read Full »
Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you are worried about your uncle's health. He will be fine hopefully. I had gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). He had a 95% blockage, and his ejection fraction is 25%. There is a significant chance of recovery, altho...  Read Full »

I have pain on right side of chest 15 years after a heart attack. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I had a massive heart attack 15 years ago. I am 54 years old now with a height of 173 cm and weight 64 kg. Within two weeks, angioplasty was done for me in LAD (left anterior descending) coronary artery. After four years, I had undergone bypass surgery for four vessels. Every year, du...  Read Full »
Dr. Amit Arora

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read through your entire case history. You are lucky that you have a good cardiac output. Your EF (ejection fraction) is all right and as per your stress test, there is nothing going in opposite and your heart is still doing well. Frankly speaking, heaviness on the ...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Heart Attack? We have medical experts to help you right away.