Heart Health

Related Terms: ECG, Hypertension, Chest Pain, Exercises, Anxiety, Diabetes, Heart Attack, High Blood Pressure

Is it safe to change the dosage of heart medicines to once every two days?
Query: Hi doctor,I am a 49 year old male. Five years ago, I got two stents on the left. Actually, my heart was good only 30 % block. I take Vitoryn and Aspirin until now. I started having arrhythmia two years ago. AF comes out once every one and a half months for two to four hours. When AF a...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your health query and can well understand you are worried about your heart health. I would not say to stop Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) and/or Cordarone (Amiodarone) as these are very important medications and you need them. For stent patients, Xarelto reduc...  Read Full »

Do you think I have WPW syndrome?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old female. I am overweight. I have BP problem since a year. I was initially taking Cilacar 5 mg. Later the dose of the medicine was increased to 10 mg. I experienced dizziness and vague pain in left hand and severe burpings. Previously, during my root canal treatment...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have carefully reviewed your health query and can well establish how worrisome this situation has been for you. It is always troublesome for patients when it comes to the heart's health. I want to add here that there are no signs of WPW Syndrome in your case (attachment...  Read Full »

Is a ketone diet good for those who are diabetic?
Query: Hello doctor, I had a question about the ketone diet. I honestly do not understand the benefits of a ketone diet, what are they? Is a ketone diet good for those who are diabetic?  Read Full »
Dr. Sanchari Majumder
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It aids in weight loss. It takes more work to turn fat into energy than it takes to turn carbohydrates into energy. Reduces acne. It may help reduce the risk of cancer, improves heart health, may protect brain functioning, potentially reduces seizures, improves health i...  Read Full »

Why do I have heart palpitations with anxiety?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old male. My weight is 240 lb and height is 5'9" tall. I have anxiety disorder for about six years now. Mostly all the time with anxiety, I have heart palpitations like I feel my heart missed a beat or it is working very slow and it starts working very fast. During this ...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you are worried about your heart investigations. At-large there is nothing they found on later EKG (electrocardiography) report. And in both the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) heart markers troponin-I is normal and in range mea...  Read Full »

Is Prozac a better alternative for Paroxetine?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from severe anxiety disorder for the past two years. It all started with a severe panic attack then I was diagnosed with acute hypochondriac. I have been always worrying about my heart health and fearing that any time I may get an attack. This has reduced my quality ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Hypochondriasis is a serious anxiety condition which cause severe symptoms and fear about health condition. Both Paroxetine and Prozac (Fluoxetine) are the drugs belonging to SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) group of drugs. ...  Read Full »

Sedentary Lifestyle Has the Same Impact on Your Heart as Smoking Does!!!
Article Overview: Research confirms that sedentary lifestyle is the same as smoking too much combustive tobacco. It kills you due to heart disorders, the same way as smoking does.  Read Article »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Have you seen a person stabbing his own heart??? Yes, I have seen many of them and in fact I see them daily in my clinical practice. People are killing themselves on the name of the so-called new modern busy lifestyles and eating habits. All of this is silently killing them by deteriorating their h ...  Read Article »

How Much Fiber Should You Eat Everyday?
Article Overview: Many people have a concern of not losing weight in spite of exercising and working out a lot. Have you ever wondered what may be the reason for it? A healthy diet plays a very important role, along with exercise, when it comes to losing weight. Even if you work out for an hour and get back home and consume something junk like deep-fried foods or something that contains trans-fat like burgers and pizzas, it is definitely not worth it. You are losing calories by exercising but what about the triple amount of calories that you actually gobble on after the workout? Do ponder over it and realize how a healthy diet filled with fiber plays an extremely important role when it comes to maintaining a normal and healthy weight.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Wellness Medicine Specialist

Following are some of the reasons why fiber plays a very important role in our health. 1. Aids Weight Loss Have you ever wondered why you are not losing weight despite exercising a lot? Well, lack of fiber in your diet is the answer. Fiber plays a very important role when it comes to losing weig ...  Read Article »

Best Foods to Eat When Breastfeeding
Article Overview: Many women are concerned about their weight post pregnancy and decide to shed off some kilos immediately. Some women think that post-pregnancy, they can immediately follow a fad diet like fruit diet, salad diet and lose weight and achieve the pre-pregnancy weight back. These crash diets lack all the nutrients essential for the mom’s body as well as the infant’s body. It is very important for mothers to be aware that what they actually consume during this stage is extremely beneficial for proper supply of milk production for their baby. In fact, a proper maternal lactation diet is extremely essential for having a good composition of breast milk which is essential for the baby's growth and development, both emotionally and physically.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Lactation Counselor

Following are some of the lactation diet tips to be followed by every mom. Consumption Of Galactagogues Galactagogues are amazing lactation herbs which enhance and improve maternal milk production which is very much required for the infant. It helps increase hormones like prolactin and oxytocin wh ...  Read Article »

Why Should You Consume Superfoods?
Article Overview: Superfoods are those foods which provide amazing benefits to a person as they are nutritionally dense and packed with antioxidants and phytonutrients. I am not talking about something artificial or difficult to find or expensive nutrition powders, but interestingly we have been blessed with them as it is all naturally available.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Wellness Medicine Specialist

Following is a list of superfoods you should consume for its amazing benefits: 1. Blueberries Blueberries are called the 'king of antioxidants'. This title is indeed very apt owing to the vitamins and minerals present in blueberries. Blueberries contain a group of compounds called as anthocyanins ...  Read Article »

I felt as if my heart stopped beating. Could this be a panic attack symptom?
Query: Hello doctor, I wanted to know if you could answer one question for me. I experienced an episode that lasted roughly about two to three minutes where I felt that I could not seem to catch my breath and it felt as if my heart had stopped beating. I checked my heart rate roughly three minutes after t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This can be a cardiac arrhythmia like PSVT (paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia) or atrial fibrillation, in which heart rate suddenly goes up and also suddenly decreases. And one may get symptoms like shortness of breath, chest pain or heaviness, dizziness, etc. ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Heart Health? We have medical experts to help you right away.