Heartburn

Related Terms: Acid Reflux, Gerd, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Pantoprazole, Gastritis, Constipation, Proton-pump Inhibitors

What is the growth present in the back of the throat? What causes it?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a small bubble-like growth in the back of the throat near tonsils. It flares up with irritation during coughing, grunting, and when I do exercise in the early morning. I snore at the night time, and I have heartburn. I consulted a doctor, and I was prescribed with Prilosec. Please...  Read Full »
Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send a picture of your throat.  Read Full »

I have heartburn, bloating and fullness. Will this get better with treatment?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with gastritis yesterday and have been suffering from heartburn, bloating and fullness for three months now. What I do not understand is, if gastritis is inflammation of the stomach lining, why is my LES relaxing and causing heartburn to a point where my throat sw...  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may be having gastritis with associated reflux. The symptoms worsen with foods that worsen acidity, most of them can relax the lower esopahgeal sphincter. This sphincter is a functional sphincter and its action is affected by a lot of factors including abdominal an...  Read Full »

How to Treat Heartburn?
Article Overview: This article explains the cause, prevention and treatment of heartburn in detail.  Read Article »
Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Usually at night, we may feel a sour liquid in our throat coming from beneath or burning sensation in our upper tummy. The pain goes up through our chest to the throat. Sometimes we fear it as a heart attack. This is called heartburn or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) in medical terms. How D ...  Read Article »

What is the reason for heart burn for four months?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35-year-old male having daily heartburn running for more than four months. Currently, having Omeprazole and Domperidone.  Read Full »
Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your details and I appreciate your concern. It looks like you are having symptoms of GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). It occurs when stomach acid goes back into the food pipe. Both acid reflux and heartburn are part of it. An endoscopy can ...  Read Full »

Why does my heartburn go away when I lay down in the bed and increases when I sit upright?
Query: Hi, Why does my heartburn go away when I lay down in the bed and increases when I sit upright? This seems to contradict the advice of raising the head while sleeping.  Read Full »
Dr. Madhankumar M V
Family Physician, General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cause for heartburn is due to the acid from the stomach entering into the esophagus through the lower esophageal sphincter. Other than swallowing times this sphincter is closed and prevents the acid from entering the esophagus.  For people whose sphincter tone is los...  Read Full »

I often have heartburn. What can I do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from heartburn, chest pain, nausea, and breathlessness. I got done 2D echo, ECG, vitamins D levels, endoscopy, and blood tests. All the reports are normal.  Read Full »
Dr. Surbhi Agrawal
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are several things you can do to prevent an episode of heartburn like: Avoid alcohol. Normally alcohol in moderation is well tolerated by many, but for people prone to acidity, even a small amount of alcohol can cause discomfort. Avoid smoking. The nicotine in to...  Read Full »

Is Your Chest Pain a Heartburn or a Heart Attack?
Article Overview: This article clears up confusion regarding chest pain due to heartburn that is frequently misunderstood to be a heart attack and the main differences between the two types of conditions.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S

While heart attack and heartburn are two very different conditions, it is quite possible to confuse one with the other. A heart attack is often accompanied by chest pain, shortness of breath, weakness, paleness, and sweating. So, if you have these symptoms, and they do not subside with rest or the u ...  Read Article »

How can I get rid of heartburn and a bloated stomach?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old suffering from anxiety disorder, and I took some related medicines for a few years and still take Mirtazapine. I have weight issues from a couple of years. I do blood examinations regularly, which come back normal. Lately, I am having problems with heartburn. I had ...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All the symptoms are related to bowel disturbance. This is multiple issue disorder, as you are presenting with pain, excessive burping, and heartburn. And you also have constipation. This is called IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). All the symptoms are interrelated. See if...  Read Full »

I have chest congestion, acid reflux, and heartburn. Is it GERD or a heart attack?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male, who weighs 240 lbs, and I am 5.10 feet tall. Tonight I had what I think was acid reflux or heartburn. I was not sure about it, as I have never had it. I felt like something is stuck in my throat, and also I felt a chest congestion when I tried to cough. I was...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. Let go of your anxiety. Gastroesophageal reflux disease is 80 % corrected by simple diet and lifestyle modifications. So, I would suggest you try the following. Lose your weight. If your BMI (body mass index) is 25 or above, you need to lo...  Read Full »

What shall I do to get relief from cough and heartburn?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. I am suffering from the following symptoms: Cough, blocked itchy throat, which is slightly red, burps, farts, little gassy and acidity. This has increased in the past 24 hours. Because of sore throat, I cannot have cold substances to resolve acidity. Also, I can...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You appear to be a case of dyspepsia. The acute onset might be drug induced as gastritis is a known side effect of Azithromycin. Gastritis worsens cough, and the cough further induce nausea and vomiting. Hence, it is very prudent to treat both the conditions. For how long...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Heartburn? We have medical experts to help you right away.