Hematoma

Related Terms: Ice Pack, Blunt Trauma, Headache, Hot Fomentation, Soft Tissue Injury, Teratoma, Liver Cancer

Query: Hello doctor, Please go through and advise. 'Acute on chronic subdural hemorrhage in bilateral cerebral convexities measuring 2 cm in the right side and 1.3 cm in the left side. The mass effect is noted in the form of effacement of adjacent sulcal spaces and compression of ventricles. Thin...  Read Full »
Dr. Sudheer Ambekar
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Surgery is absolutely indicated in this case. This hematoma cannot be cured with medications. Surgery should not be delayed as there is a possibility of permanent brain damage if the mass effect is not relieved. This is usually a minor surgery. Burr holes and d...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I fell to the side of car four months back and have symptoms of memory problems. Also, some mental confusion, lights, and difficulty reading. No headaches. I did have an odd spell of paraesthesia that lasted five minutes a week or so after head injury. I inched better. Then next month ...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms are not typical of a dural hematoma. You should know that this disorder, usually causes progressive worsening symptoms like a headache, nausea, gait imbalances, limb numbness or weakness, somnolence ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor,Before five months, I had surgery for thigh hematoma. Now, the same problem started again. It is increasing in size and painful. Also, there is swelling. Please see the photo attached here.  Read Full »
Dr. Eriol Braholli
General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hematomas are solved conservatively and only in severe cases when they give compression of an organ are resolved surgically. This is not a big one (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First, you have to find out the cause of hematoma if it is not trauma. I...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor,Seven months ago, I had a serious head injury. That time, I was left with a small hole in the skull after extradural hematoma evacuation. Then, I had no discomfort in the head. Now, I have terrible tension around the back of the head and dull pressure and pain next to the hole. I feel hyp...  Read Full »
Dr. Sudheer Ambekar
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A small piece of the skull bone could be cut and the hole in the bone was made. According to the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is no residual brain damage. Under these circumstances, I can explain your headache as follows. The pain a...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I had a gynecomastia surgery last week, and a week later my right breast was swollen. So, I went to see my doctor, and he said I have fluid accumulated in my chest. He opened my stitches and placed a scissor inside, and took out the fluid and blood, and closed the incision. It was very pa...  Read Full »
Dr. Vikram Kumar Raja
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you had the first time was hematoma or blood collection which was drained. Now, what you have is a seroma, which usually gets absorbed by the body in a couple of weeks. I would suggest you wait or if you want to confirm if it is a seroma or hematoma, you can get a...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My 14 year old son gets some blood clot and black spot while playing. It used to stay for a few days, but this time it has been there for the past two weeks. He also has some pain on the spots. His BT 1 minutes, CT 4 minutes 15 seconds and albumin protein is 5 g per 100 mL. My son used Pi...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Those black spots witnessed following injury are bruises or hematoma that occurs due to bleeding into the tissue under the skin. The remarkable feature of this is changing their color from black to red to green before they disappear. They are tender, painful and may b...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have hurt my leg as a cupboard fell on it, and I have a bruise that is around 20 cm in diameter. The bruise is very hard, and when I am still, there is no pain. Once I move my leg, I have pain. The bruise is there for two weeks now, and the hardness is still there. I got an x-ray and ul...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This hardness you are talking about is most likely a hematoma (collection of blood). It may take weeks to resolve. You can ice the area and try ultrasound therapy to help dissipate the hardness. For further queries consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online -...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with my husband a week ago. I felt some pain during sex and after a day I started getting itchy on the inner side of my left inner labia. I tried to rub a cotton swab to check it and there was fresh blood on it. It happens even now, although itching and irritation h...  Read Full »
Dr. Sonal Prasad

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There might be two possibilities. Either Bartholin's cyst or infected hematoma. You need to upload the picture for us to make the correct diagnosis. The size of the lesion will help us decide whether it can be managed with medications or incision might be needed. Othe...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I got my arm trapped between a metal pole and an electrically controlled door. The blood flow was cut off for around 30 seconds to a minute. My arm is quite painful and swollen. It has some blood spots and my wrist hurts when I bend my hand and fingers. Do I need to see a doctor? Is it sp...  Read Full »
Dr. Srikanth Nara

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having blood spots over the skin is a sign of the hematoma (blood collection), which could be the cause of soft tissue injury in that area. You need to see a doctor if you observe any of the following. Watch for the color of your arm and the injured area. If it is turning...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old, female. I hit my elbow at work the night before last, and it hurts to straighten my arm. I can do it, but it is painful. And randomly, I suddenly have shooting pain in my arm. It is swollen, and there is a small lump where I hit it. I also fractured my elbow in the ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramesh C G

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it looks like a blunt injury with a hematoma at the site of injury. I suggest getting an X-ray of the elbow to rule out a fresh fracture. If there is no fracture, then use an arm pouch and keep the elbow at 90 degrees flexion in the arm pouch for ...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Hematoma? We have medical experts to help you right away.