Hemogram

Related Terms: Vitamin D, Vitamin Deficiency, Fever, Chest X- Ray, Hemoglobin, Vitamin D Deficiency, Exercises

The hemogram showed some aberration. Please explain.
Query: Hi doctor, My partner is 62 years old. She has diabetes. Her fasting sugar is 138 mg/dL, and PPBS is normal. Her TSH is usual at present. The HbA1c test is standard with 5.5 %. We did hemogram along with a sugar testing last week. It showed some aberration. The WBC was normal. Total WBC was margina...  Read Full »
Dr. Smrita Singh
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The RBC (red blood cells) count is normal. The red cell distribution width indicates the variation in the size of the RBCs. It is usually seen in iron deficiency anemia where the RBCs b...  Read Full »

The monocytes and ESR values in my wife's hemogram report are abnormal. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, Me and my wife got an annual blood test done. Few of my wife's results are off the radar. She is 30 years old, and she had a mild cough when the tests were done. She becomes tired very easily. In the attached hemogram report, her monocytes are 0 and ESR is 80. Rest of the tests inc...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Rathee
General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern, but after a detailed evaluation of your wife's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I would say there is nothing to worry. Only monocytes levels are low, it does not mean much. It does not cause anything serious if ...  Read Full »

Is it possible to have low erythropoietin count and high RBC count together?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 27 years old male, 6 feet, and 180 lbs. I started a new job and the life insurance company wanted me to take a blood test. The results are attached. My blood test shows a low erythropoietin of 4.4 U/L (normal range 4.3 to 29) and high red blood cell count of 5.6x10^12/L (normal ...  Read Full »
Dr. Girish C Kamat
Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your hemogram and erythropoietin levels are normal. I would not evaluate you any further. They should not have asked for a hematology consultation, but if it is mandatory, get it done.  All the best and do well in your new job. For further queries consult a hematolog...  Read Full »

I am severely anemic, and the right lymph node in my neck is painful. Is it cancer?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male, and I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, from the past five years. It is well controlled by Synthroid and natural thyroid. Over the last few months, I have been having some worrying symptoms. I am literally so tired all the time, and I am severely anemic even if I t...  Read Full »
Dr. Shobhit Shah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Get a thyroid profile and complete hemogram done. Your symptoms are very vague and they do not point to any one disease. Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physi...  Read Full »

I have been the same weight for years. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old female and my height is 5 feet and 6 inches. My weight is 47 kg, which is very low compared to the girls of my age. I have been the same weight for the last two to three years and my weight does not seem to increase. Also, I do not get hungry. Please help me in this.  Read Full »
Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Firstly, get yourself investigated thoroughly to rule out any medical or surgical conditions. Get a complete hemogram, blood sugar, and thyroid function tests done.I assume you are a healthy adult. So, I suggest you take a diet rich in carbohydrates to gain weight. Tak...  Read Full »

My mom has discomfort and tightness in the upper abdomen. Could it be a stomach infection?
Query: Hello doctor, My 66 year old mother has a discomfort in the upper abdomen since five days. She is experiencing gas trouble and tightness in the upper abdomen. Her stools are a little constipated but, she is passing every day. Now, she has a fever between 99 to 100 degree from five days in the ev...  Read Full »
Dr. Girish C Kamat
Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The hemogram indicates a rise in the neutrophil count, which is secondary to an acute infection. The urine examination is normal. So, there is no urinary tract infec...  Read Full »

I have weird sensations all over my body since seven months. What can be the cause?
Query: Hello doctor,I have started feeling weird sensations all over my body for seven months now, and they all happen at once and on a daily basis. My skin itches all over, especially my face and scalp. A lot of the times, when I speak, I sense a vibration in my eyes or a little bit lower. It is as an inn...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Sardar Narayankar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These all symptoms point towards a chronic condition. You will have to undergo few more investigation as follows. Basic hemogram. Thyroid function tests. Check for autoimmune diseases status, consult a physician and get tested for ANA (antinuclear antibody). Do you eve...  Read Full »

Please suggest further action after reviewing my wife's blood report.
Query: Hello doctor, This is for my wife. She is 36 years old. Her height is 5'4" and weight is 65 kg. Recently, we had a blood test and the attachments here are the results of the same. We are worried with the absolute lymphocytes count and percentage as well as the other highlighted numbers in the report...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She has vitamin D on the lower side. Apart from some ups and downs in the hemogram report, all the other reports are appearing to be within normal limits. Rise in the lymphocyte count is...  Read Full »

I am suffering from on and off wheezing. How to get cured?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. My height is 5'5" and weight 68 kg. I am suffering from wheezing and finding difficulty with physical activities such as walking as well. I just moved to a new place recently. This onset of wheezing is sudden and I did not observe any trigger. But, dust, pollution and v...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. You seem to be suffering from acute bronchitis or a lower respiratory tract infection. So, I would advise in such scenario to get a hemogram with ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and chest x-ray done. If the chest x-ray and the blood investig...  Read Full »

What is the cause of widespread muscle twitching and sweaty palms?
Query: Hi doctor,I am 25 years old. What can be causing me to get widespread muscle twitching (twitches last about five seconds and go away and reoccur in a different muscle minutes or hours after)? Legs and hands get shaky, hands get sweaty, at night I feel like my legs are vibrating and my hear...  Read Full »
Dr. Nazma Parveen

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your question and would like to suggest that you should get a number of blood tests done. The following are the tests that I would suggest. Hemogram which should include your ESR. Thyroid profile to rule out any endocrinal disorder. A blood ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Hemogram? We have medical experts to help you right away.