Herpes Igg

Related Terms: Herpes, Hsv, Herpes Infection, Herpes Simplex Virus, Herpes Igm, Herpes 1, Genital Herpes

The IgG values on TORCH test are high. When can we plan pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife was pregnant last year, but we had to drop. After dropping pregnancy, we consulted our gynecologist and he suggested us to have TORCH test. The result of TORCH before eight months was rubella IgG 40.62 and IgM 0.62, CMV IgG 8.89 and IgM 0.28 and herpes IgG 2.97 and IgM 0.56. W...  Read Full »
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rubella, CMV (cytomegalovirus) and herpes IgG positivity (immunoglobulin G) indicate that she had these infections in the past and now is immune to them. These infections will not happen again except herpes. Nothing needs to be done for these reports and you can go ahead...  Read Full »

Are my flu-like symptoms due to HIV infection?
Query: Hello doctor, About 4 weeks ago, I got oral sex from a partner whose HIV status is unknown to me. I did only that with her. I always thought that it represented no risk of contamination to HIV. Now the thing is that about 1 week after that intercourse, I did a general blood test and found out that ...  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly pre-existing lesion of herpes or any genital ulcer on the penis during sexual intercourse or oral sex increases the chances of HIV transmission. Your blood report came positive for Herpes 1 and 2. Herpes 1 mostly causes oral ulcers, and herpes 2 causes genital l...  Read Full »

I am at the risk of HIV AIDS. Please help.
Query: Hi, I am a 31 year old male. About 38 days before I had sex with a CSW (Commercial Social Worker). It was protected vaginal sex and protected oral sex. Also there were deep throat kisses which lasted almost a minute. I am not sure if the condom was torn during the intercourse.  Since last 3 weeks ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. Based upon your history, my answer to your questions: 1. Are My Symptoms Related to ARS? Acute Retroviral Syndrome (ARS) typically begins 7-14 days after the exposure to a HIV positive patient, and may last for up to 3-4 months. The symptoms are typically "flu-l...  Read Full »

When can I plan pregnancy after three miscarriages and TORCH test?
Query: Hello doctor, After three miscarriages, my doctor suggested me for torch test and it came out positive with high values of rubella IgG 272, toxoplasma IgG 78.6 and CMV IgG 12.1 and herpes IgG 46.1. My doctor gave me Acylex 200 mg two times a day for two months and advised us to not try for a baby f...  Read Full »
Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana Kaur Khurana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case summary. Please tell me about the miscarriage at what time of gestation did they occur. Have you got an ultrasound done in those previous pregnancies? Was any shadow of the baby seen at that time? Was heartbeat seen in the baby? Next is...  Read Full »

I have a terrible jock itch. How can I be treated?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old unmarried male. I am sexually active and I have been using commercial sex workers for the past few years. However, from last year, I started myself getting tested regularly for different STD infections etc. and all my reports have come negative. I have got...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports and clinical photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You blood tests for HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), HBsAg (surface antigen of the hepatitis B virus), VDRL (Venereal Disease Research Laborato...  Read Full »

There are red dots in my penis. Could it be an allergy?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old non-diabetic male. I suddenly felt a burning sensation on the tip of my penis a few days back. I thought it was a general burning sensation, due to lack of drinking water. I do accept that I am a little unhygienic. After a day or two, the burning sensation increased. W...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From your description, it seems you have chancroid or herpes genitalis. Chancroid is a bacterial sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by Haemophilus ducreyi, whereas...  Read Full »

How can blood show HSV-1 IgG positive without any symptoms?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I weigh 68 Kg and my height 5'5". I am in a healthy status. History: No episodes of herpes except chickenpox in childhood. No infection of HIV - clinically tested every 6 months since last 7 years. I am straight and only 1 relationship with spouse. Both me and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for providing all the details. I shall answer your questions one by one. 1. As you have mentioned that you do not have any symptoms at the moment, there is no need to take Acyclovir. 2. A repeat test can be done just for your reassurance. Chances of false positi...  Read Full »

What does my HSV report suggest?
Query: Hi doctor,My HSV 1+2 IgM serum 0.5 and IgG serum 20.8 through CLIA. I am going to get married soon. I do not want my partner to get infected. Please guide.  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. IgM negative and IgG positive indicates that you have immunity against HSV (herpes simplex infection) and you do not have any active infection. You can get married without any tension. All the best. For further information consult a venereologist online --> https://www...  Read Full »

Can HSV positive cause abortion?
Query: Hi doctor, Myself and my wife got tested for chromosome test as my wife had failed premature delivery. The test result indicates that we are HSV IgG positive, CMV and rubella positive. Please suggest me.  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This indicates that TORCH infections (toxoplasmosis, other - syphilis, etc., rubella, cytomegalovirus and herpes) might have caused the premature delivery or stillbirth. HSV (herpes simplex virus) causes herpes, CMV is cytomegalovirus and rubella is another viral...  Read Full »

My HSV 1 and 2 IgG is 3.5. What should I do?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old male. I am about to get married. I have got my STD and HIV tests done and the below mentioned has come as a result. The following are non reactive or negative: VDRL, HIV 1 and 2, antibodies screening test, chlamydia trachomatis IgG antibody and TPHA including HSV ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. IgG herpes simplex means antibodies to some old past infection. So, the drug prescribed by your doctor has no role. I will not recommend any treatment as you do not have any symptoms. For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician onli...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Herpes Igg? We have medical experts to help you right away.