High Blood Pressure

Related Terms: Hypertension, Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Blood Pressure Monitor, Cholesterol, Lifestyle Modification, ECG

High Blood Pressure: Things You Need To Know!!

Article Overview: High blood pressure is a very common condition with serious consequences if left untreated. This article is aimed at providing basic knowledge about the causes, treatment, complications and prognosis of hypertension.  Read Article »
Dr. Pir Muhammad Siddique

High Blood Pressure or Hypertension is a very common and serious condition which if untreated may lead to permanent and often fatal damage to various organs of the body including the heart, kidneys, brain and eyes. Hypertension means the pressure of the blood inside the blood vessels is higher than ...  Read Article »

Query: Hello doctor, I had mucus from the throat, and it had minor blood in it. I went to the ER, and the blood pressure was 190/110. The doctors told the bleeding had to do with the blood pressure as the bleeding stopped as soon as blood pressure reducing pills were given orally. I had blood tests done to...  Read Full »
Dr. Mohammed Parvez

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your reports you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and they are normal. I am glad that despite very high blood pressure you have ended up having only minor bleeding, which I believe, was a warning sign. I would reco...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,I feel pain on the left side of my chest. I have no sugar but high blood pressure. My age is 50 years. I am 67 inches in height and my weight is 78 kg.  Read Full »
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms could be related to gastroesophageal reflux or muscle pain. I recommend taking an antacid and Acetaminophen. If the pain persists, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician for a physical exam and some tests as follows: Resting ECG a...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor,I had high blood pressure, low heart rate. Is my ECG showing infarction? I have no chest pain. At the time of ECG, my blood pressure was 168/100 and heart beat 46.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your ECG (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The reports mentioned on ECG are machine generated and are frequently inaccurate. There is no clear-cut evidence of myocardial infarction on ECG. As you also do not have any history of ch...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am checking my blood pressure for a week now and it is mostly about 134/94. A physician asked me not to work out at the gym. Can you please advise if I can join a gym? My parents and a few other relatives had high BP. I have done an ECG and chest X-ray last year and b...  Read Full »
Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your BP readings are definitely on the higher side. Initially, you should get evaluated for high BP (blood pressure). You need to have other investigations like ABPM (ambulatory blood pressure monitoring), echocardiography, serum creatinine, serum electrolytes, an...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is 65 years old. Her blood pressure is 180/90 mmHg. She is suffering from urine infection and her serum uric acid is 7.6 mg/dL. I have attached her other reports for your reference. She is currently on Norflox 400 twice daily, Ciploric 300 one tablet daily at night, Telma AM one t...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is due to high blood pressure. Her urine culture and sensitivity report attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is negative, meaning there is no known pathogen in her urine that may have caused the infection. Her uric acid levels are not that much h...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have been worried about my heart lately, and I was hoping you could answer a question I have regarding diastolic blood pressure. I recently did a test at home measuring my blood pressure before and after exercise using an Omron M3 comfort blood pressure monitor. In each case, I did ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood pressure is a dynamic thing. It will always vary in relation to activity, stress, time of the day, and physical status. The variation in BP measurement you did is likely to be related to activity and is a normal phenomenon. To diagnose raised BP, undergo an ambul...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor,I suffered from bronchitis, four years ago. Since it got cured, I smoked cigarettes for two years and gradually stopped smoking. Recently, I have high blood pressure, increased heart rate, and I have shortness of breath. I started running 2 km daily. Why am I having all these symptoms?  Read Full »
Dr. Parth R Goswami R Goswami

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have a history of smoking, smoking-induced left ventricular hypertrophy, emphysema, bronchitis, pulmonary congestion, etc., can lead to such presentation. You need to do the following investigations: Auscultation. Chest x-ray. 2D echocardiography or...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 year old and weigh 70 kg. My blood pressure is on a higher side with readings around 150/90 always. I have a history of depression and ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). I am currently on medication for depression and blood pressure and have been prescribed Nexito Fo...  Read Full »
Dr. Prashant Valecha
Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are already on blood pressure (BP) medicines tablet Nexovas (Cilnidipine) and Nebimac (Nebivolol). Tablet Nebimac controls heart rate. Psychiatric medicines may affect heart rate, but not that significantly to affect BP (BP=Cardiac output x heart rate). And benefi...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from high blood pressure since last 10 years. I take medicine every day twice but my BP remains same 150/100. I take Starpress XL 0 (at night), CTDT-0.25 (during day). Gender- female, age- 48 years. I have cholesterol little bit high. So I take Rosuvastatin, but ECG is ...  Read Full »
Dr. Prashant Valecha
Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your BP (blood pressure) is not controlled with beta-blocker (Starpress) and a diuretic (CTD). I advice you to do a renal function test and a renal doppler. The cause of your high BP can be from renal pathology. It should be ruled out. The second thing is that if both ...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on High Blood Pressure? We have medical experts to help you right away.