Medical Advice on "High Blood Pressure"

This article is aimed at providing basic knowledge about the causes, treatment, complications and prognosis of hypertension … View thread »

I have gone through all your reports you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and they are normal. I am glad that despite very high blood pressure you have ended up having only minor bleeding, which I believe, was a warning sign. I would … View thread »

Your BP readings are definitely on the higher side. Initially, you should get evaluated for high BP (blood pressure). You need to have other investigations like ABPM (ambulatory blood pressure monitoring), echocardiography, serum creatinine, serum electrolytes, … View thread »

This is due to high blood pressure. Her urine culture and sensitivity report attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is negative, meaning there is no known pathogen in her urine that may have caused the infection. Her uric acid levels are not that much … View thread »

Blood pressure is a dynamic thing. It will always vary in relation to activity, stress, time of the day, and physical status. The variation in BP measurement you did is likely to be related to activity and is a normal phenomenon. To diagnose raised BP, undergo an … View thread »

As you have a history of smoking, smoking-induced left ventricular hypertrophy, emphysema, bronchitis, pulmonary congestion, etc., can lead to such presentation. You need to do the following investigations: Auscultation. Chest x-ray. 2D echocardiography or … View thread »

You are already on blood pressure (BP) medicines tablet Nexovas (Cilnidipine) and Nebimac (Nebivolol). Tablet Nebimac controls heart rate. Psychiatric medicines may affect heart rate, but not that significantly to affect BP (BP=Cardiac output x heart rate). And … View thread »

I respect your concern on blood donation. Definitely yes. A person who is suffering from hypertension (high blood pressure) can donate blood; provided his blood pressure is normal at the time of blood donation and he must not be suffering from other associated … View thread »

I understand your concern towards your boyfriend. Your boyfriend is having issues with high blood pressure because of sleep apnea. He is obese as his BMI (body mass index) is 33. Obesity can cause sleep apnea, while sleep apnea, in turn, leads to high blood … View thread »

... blood pressure and various misconceptions around it ... … View thread »

Do you have a question on High Blood Pressure? We have medical experts to help you right away.