High Calorie Food

Related Terms: Exercises, Reduce Weight, Obesity, How To Lose Weight, Protein Rich Diet, Walking, Weight Loss, Diabetes

Will nutritional supplement help to gain weight and build muscles?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. My weight is 52 kg. I want to gain my weight. Can I use Nutrigain? Will it help in the build up my muscles?  Read Full »
Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first thing you have to focus on your daily diet and not only supplements. So make a high-calorie food. Eat more cereals 300 gm mainly plain rice, brown rice or bread, oatmeals, maize, Nutrela, and all whole grains. Add all good quality proteins like organic, dairy...  Read Full »

Kindly help me in analyzing my blood reports.
Query: Hello doctor, I did my preventive blood checkup and there are abnormalities in the lipid profile, liver profile and CBC profile. I am attaching the report.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your reports are fine except for the lipid profile. The figures in bold are not always abnormal. A slight variation is acceptable. You have hypercholesterolemia, that is, LDL cholesterol is ele...  Read Full »

Why am I so lean even after eating healthy foods?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 year old male weighing 45 kg and my height is 5'5". My concern is why I am so lean despite of eating healthy foods. Please help. Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for using this platform. First of all I would suggest you to rule out any chronic disease by carrying out blood test that is preventing you from gaining weight. In order to build muscle and body, there is no better way than going to gym and supplementing it with...  Read Full »

Why am I having dry cough for the past nine months?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having a dry cough for the last nine months. I am not taking any medicine for a dry cough. Suggest some test for a dry cough. What could be the reasons for a dry cough?  Read Full »
Dr. Albana Greca
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. A dry cough for such a long period could be due to acid reflux especially if you are also having stomach burning, burping or acidity problems. I highly recommend to consult with a gastroenterologist and run upper endoscopy in order to dete...  Read Full »

How to relieve burning sensation in the anus?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in my anus. How to relieve it? Please suggest some treatment.  Read Full »
Dr. Pritam Mohapatra
Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate you seeking help. I would recommend the following for relief: Streamline your diet and lifestyle: Focus on a balanced diet, preferably with adequate intake of water and roughage. Take at least 8 to 10 glasses of water daily. Exercise in a clean and open air f...  Read Full »

I have constipation and a burning sensation in the anus. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a dental student doing my internship. I am suffering from constipation from the past one week. I have a burning sensation in the anal region which I am unable to tolerate. Sometimes, there is severe itching and pain as well. I stay in the hostel. So, can you suggest me some tips...  Read Full »
Dr. Pritam Mohapatra
Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.I appreciate you seeking help. Well, constipation is the key feature in piles or fissures which exhibit similar symptoms. I recommend the following for relief: Streamline your diet and lifestyle: Focus on a balanced Mediterranean diet, with adequate intake of water and...  Read Full »

How effective is Metformin 1000 mg a day in controlling sugar levels?
Query: Hello doctor, I had my glucose over 600 mg/dl for about a month. I went to the ER and was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. They put me on Metformin 500 mg twice daily. I have been taking it for almost two weeks, and my fasting glucose levels are not going under 300 mg/dl. I do not have the doctor's a...  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Going by your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like you need an increase in the dose of medication. Your doctor may either choose to increase the dose of Metformin or to add another new drug to the exi...  Read Full »

Can you advise some tips to regulate sugar level with proper diet and medicine while fasting?
Query: Hi doctor, My mother aged 65 is diabetic for the past 9 years. Her medications are as follows. Forxiga (Dapagliflozin) - 10 mg : 0- 1- 0 (one tablet after lunch); Glucobay 50 : 1 - 1 - 1; Jalra - M 50/850 (Vildagliptin 50 mg, Metformin HCl 850 mg) : 1 - 0 - 1 and Amlopres AT - 25 : 0 - 0 - 1. We ne...  Read Full »
Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In case her sugars are in control, there is no harm in giving her a little rice. I would recommend you buy a glucometer for her so that you can monitor her sugars at all times. Meet your local doctor, so that he can advise you on how to manage the dosages at the diff...  Read Full »

I feel weak and lethargic off late. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old male. My blood test results are as follows: hsCRP is 3.48, SGPT is 63.1, GGT is 85.6, and lipoprotein (a) is 47.1. Rest of the 80 odd blood tests are in the normal range. Should I follow up with any tests? Is there anything to worry about, especially regarding my he...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your lipoprotein, hsCRP (high sensitivity C-reactive protein), and SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase) are mildly elevated and the reason for this is your weight and high BMI (body mass index). This leads to accumulation of fat in the liver, which causes an elev...  Read Full »

I have tears in penis with milky discharge. What is the reason?
Query: Hello doctor, I have tears in my penis and I have sugar 390 after fasting. Milky discharge occurs frequently. The skin around the penis is reddish, thinner and peeling.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, you should upload the picture of your penis, where it is getting torn and reddened. Also, since when are you having the sugar problem? Is it detected for the first time, any medicines you are having for it? Usually, it is a fungal infection of the penis whi...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on High Calorie Food? We have medical experts to help you right away.