High Esr

Related Terms: Esr, Crp, C-reactive Protein, Chest X- Ray, Fever, Complete Blood Count, Rheumatoid Arthritis

Can there be high ESR level while having cough and fever?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 48 years old. My recent blood report shows high ESR level. I am having cough and fever in the evening. Doctor told me that I am having bronchitis and has given me antibiotics as well as cough syrup. I am sending you my x-ray and blood test report for verification. Please guide.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity). Based on your reports, I do not think you have bronchitis or it may be in its initial stage where chest x-ray may be clear. But, I would like to keep it as throat infection in differential diag...  Read Full »

What is the reson for high Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR)?
Query: Hi doctor, My father is 72 years old. His ESR is 102. All kidney, liver and hemoglobin are in the range along with clear chest x-ray. Recently, he had right ribs and collar bone fracture. Also, he was diagnosed to have hemopneumothorax and chest tube was given for that. What may be the possible cau...  Read Full »
Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the details posted. ESR is an acute phase reactant (erythrocyte sedimentation reaction). It suggests that there is something is going on inside body, but it does not localize the problem. Any infection, inflammation or low hemoglobin can cause...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for recurrent fever with high ESR and CRP levels?
Query: Hi doctor, I am getting a fever every day. But, every day the fever occurs and goes to a maximum of 100 degrees, and it gets back to the body temperature without any medications. It is repetitive. I have done a few blood tests and am attaching the reports. I have found out that my CRP and ESR is ver...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is likely a viral fever only as it settles within four to five days. ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and CRP (C-reactive protein) are usually elevated due to viral fever or any other fever. As it gets recovered within four to five days without any antibiotics, ...  Read Full »

Are the symptoms indicate vasculitis?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 51-year-old woman with an eight-month history of: persistent fever. shortness of breath on exertion. suffocation feeling. barking cough, sometimes productive cough with yellow sputum raised resting heart rate. tachycardia and palpitations with mild e...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The manifestations of vasculitis in general are: Weight loss of more than 10% body weight. Aches and pains, fever, and loss of appetite. Mononeuritis. Investigations will reveal high ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), positive CRP (C-reactive pro...  Read Full »

I have pain due to RA in spite of taking medicines. Please tell me what I can do.
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with RA two years back and I am taking treatment for the same. My left knee is affected badly and the swelling is not coming down. Initially, I was not able to walk, but now I can walk slowly but cannot climb the staircase or fold my left leg completely. Recently I am...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your rheumatoid arthritis is not controlled which is evident from your high ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) of 60. The reason for this is that you are not adequate...  Read Full »

How do I manage my rheumatoid arthritis until I wait for my specialist?
Query: Hello doctor, My primary care physician said that I may have RA. My ESR rate was 27, my CRP was 14.1 and my CCP antibody IgG was 500. What does this mean? I have heard a high CCP result could indicate more aggression in my RA, if that is what I have.  Read Full »
Dr. Divya Agarwal
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, the chances that you have RA (rheumatoid arthritis) or are developing it, are high. Anti-CCP antibodies are associated with RA and may also indicate an aggressive disease. However, there are various prognostic markers. This is only one of them. A high ESR and CRP,...  Read Full »

I am not clear with the diagnosis of my mother's condition. Please clarify.
Query: Hi doctor, Five years ago my mother was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I think she also has rheumatoid arthritis. For the past five years, she was managing the pain with anti-inflammatory medicine, Lyrica, Mythycobal, Voltaren injections, herbal creams, etc. You can see the veins in her hands popping...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all your mother does not have rheumatoid arthritis or fibromyalgia. From her reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) I found that she has connective tissue disorder and the most possible diagnosis would be systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). The ...  Read Full »

What may be the reason for fever, cold, headache? Is this a sign of infection?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 48 years old. She used to suddenly get cold, headache and fever very often. We are unable to find the exact reason. We have gone through some tests for her, which I am uploading here. Please go through that, and let me know what may be the reason? And also let me know what...  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query as well as the reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity) and can understand your concern for her health. Repeated attacks of fever, cold and headache can be due to repeated infections of the body which could be viral or ba...  Read Full »

Will high platelet count cause a blood clot or stroke?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother has high WBC count of 15,000, platelet count of 5,40,000, and hemoglobin at 11.2. Her ESR is 86, and CRP is also similar. She has a fever, which rises in the evening to 101. Can you please tell me what this denotes? Also, will the high platelet count cause a danger for a bl...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. High platelet count will not lead to thrombosis in the body. Do not worry about that. High platelet is because of reactive thrombocytosis, and that can occur in bleeding, anemia, infection, inflammation, etc. You have an ulcer in the colon, and it seems to be ulcerative...  Read Full »

My ESR is too high. Do you think I have multiple myeloma?
Query: Hi doctor, My ESR is too high that is 25 mm/hr. Granulocytes % is high and lymphocytes % is low. The main thing is the RDW is low. I am having too much body pain and leg pain in my body. Even pain-killers not working at all. Too much pain. I am having trouble to move my arms and legs when I wake up...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The chronic whole body pain does not necessarily mean leukemia. Your CBC report is within limits as attached herewith (attachment removed to protect patient identity). For your condition, your physical examination first should be done in the form of liver, spleen and...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on High Esr? We have medical experts to help you right away.