High Hs-crp

Related Terms: Hs-crp Levels, ECG, Obesity, Atorvastatin, Lifestyle Modification, Reduce Weight, Vitamin D

What does high hs-CRP indicate?
Query: Hi doctor, Eight months back my hs-CRP level was 3.86 mg/L and CRP was 0.24 mg/dl. One month later hs-CRP was tested again and it was 0.4 mg/dL. My ESR also seems to be higher along with lipoprotein. Please advise the treatment. Is there any further investigation for high hs-CRP. What high hs-CRP ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Raised hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein) indicated your risk to cardiac issues. Your blood reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) have to be correlated with your clinical symptoms. These reports alone cannot give you any conclusion. I need to ...  Read Full »

Please explain the effect of high hs-CRP?
Query: Hi doctor, I have done a health checkup and I would like to get an analysis of the same. I am worried about the hs-CRP. All the reports are attached here for your reference. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Eriol Braholli
General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your test report carefully. All the indicators were perfectly in normal range, except hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein) that you are worried about. I have to say that this marker is not specific, although they say future cardiac diseases may occu...  Read Full »

I would like to get a proper diagnosis regarding my high hs-CRP.
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from iron depletion. My iron is low, but ferritin and hemoglobin are normal. My folic acid was 4 about a year ago. I took Folic acid tablets for two months and it is normal now. My vitamin D has improved after taking tablets. My vitamin B12 is also on lower side. I am mar...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and after going through your reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: C-reactive protein (CRP) levels are a bit high indicating mild inflammation. This value is suggestive of high cardiac risk. Your cholester...  Read Full »

How to monitor diabetes?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. My height is 168 cm and weight is 65 kg. I was diagnosed as diabetic one year ago with HbA1c 7.8 and fasting sugar 163. Then I took Kombiglyze XR 1000 mg one tablet a day four months. Then the test revealed HbA1c of 6.6 and fasting sugar 108. Then my doctor reduc...  Read Full »
Dr. Hariharan V
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Instead of Kombiglyze (combination of Saxagliptin and Metformin hydrochloride extended release) take tablet Tenepride (Teneligliptin) and also take Metformin (Exermet or Glyciphage) extended release 1000 mg in the afternoon. Get an x-ray of the pain region and upload it w...  Read Full »

Can high lipoprotein and hs-CRP cause cardiac problems?
Query: Hi doctor, I had high hs-CRP of 3.86 around 8 months back. I have got it rechecked and it has gone even higher to 5.36. I have attached the reports of blood test done a couple of days back. This blood test report includes other tests too apart from hs-CRP. I have previously been advised that high ...  Read Full »
Dr. Anoop Mathew

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern regarding the raised hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein) and lipoprotein levels (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These biomarkers are predictors of future events. They tell you that there is an inflammatory state tha...  Read Full »

The biopsy of my skin rash showed interface dermatitis with mucin. Do I have lupus?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43 year old female, and I have had itchy, red, and burning rashes. It all started as a few bumps on my right arm, above my eyebrow, right upper nose area, all over the jaw and chin area, right chest and upper back react badly to the sun, and it is getting worse. I have had a l...  Read Full »
Dr. Naval Mendiratta
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The rashes that you are describing along with the biopsy findings can go in favor of a connective tissue disease. Although, I would like to see the reports in detail, but as you mentioned interface dermatitis, it goes more in favor of lupus over dermatomyositis. But, ...  Read Full »

Could you please check my routine blood test report?
Query: Hi doctor,I am a healthy male. My age is 44. My weight is 71 kg and height is 165 cm. I do not take any medications except organic multivitamins and Omega everyday with vitamin D3. I am not suffering from any medical symptoms or conditions. I stay active and control my food intake to be as healthy a...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are glad to help you. Please attach your reports. Revert back with the reports to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist  Read Full »

How to confirm if my heart is in good condition?
Query: Hello doctor, My problem is little strange. I am 23 year old obese guy. My father expired two years ago due to cardiac arrest. I always have the fear that I might get heart problem anytime. Even my heart rate remains 90 to 100 bpm. After consultation, my doctor said it is just because of overweight ...  Read Full »
Dr. Prashant Valecha
Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have to reduce weight as you have family history of heart disease and obesity itself a risk for heart disease and diabetes. There is no problem with your cholesterol test. It is fine. To find out whether you have any heart problem at present or not, I would advise ...  Read Full »

I feel weak and lethargic off late. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old male. My blood test results are as follows: hsCRP is 3.48, SGPT is 63.1, GGT is 85.6, and lipoprotein (a) is 47.1. Rest of the 80 odd blood tests are in the normal range. Should I follow up with any tests? Is there anything to worry about, especially regarding my he...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your lipoprotein, hsCRP (high sensitivity C-reactive protein), and SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase) are mildly elevated and the reason for this is your weight and high BMI (body mass index). This leads to accumulation of fat in the liver, which causes an elev...  Read Full »

Can you give me clarity regarding my annual medical report?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43 year old male. I have an active lifestyle with a focus on my diet and daily health regimen. I do not have any significant medical history, except for high cholesterol levels. I want to boost my testosterone levels too, as I hardly have any libido. Unless absolutely warranted,...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your complete list of investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The following are my observations and suggestions: There is an increased cholesterol level, subclinical hypothyroidism, and raised hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive pr...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on High Hs-crp? We have medical experts to help you right away.