High Triglycerides

Related Terms: Atorvastatin, Control Cholesterol Level, Cholesterol, Lipid Profile, Diet And Lifestyle, Exercises, Reduce Cholesterol

Do I need drugs for high triglycerides and VLDL?
Query: Dear doctor, I am a 31 year old male. Below is my lipid profile report: Total cholesterol: 186 mm/dL. Triglycerides: 876 mm/dL. HDL: 38 mm/dL. LDL: 27 mm/dL. VLDL: 175 mm/dL. Please advise medicines if needed.  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your triglyceride level and VLDL (very low density lipoprotein) is extremely high. This can put you at the risk of heart attack, stroke, and pancreatitis. My advise is to start taking tablet Roseday-F (10/160) daily night after food. Also stop eating non-vegetarian ...  Read Full »

What can be done for high triglyceride level?
Query: Hello doctor, My triglyceride is 600 plus. Please advise any medicine. I do running for 45 minutes.  Read Full »
Dr. Albana Greca
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Triglyceride levels are very high. I think you might have any metabolic or hormonal problem. I advise starting immediate healthy changes in your diet and lifestyle regimen. Take supplements containing plant sterols, red yeast rice, omega-3, co-enzyme Q10, etc. Fibrat...  Read Full »

How to normalize my high triglycerides?
Query: Hello doctor, My triglycerides are 296. Should I take some medicine to normalize it.? My total cholesterol is 183.  Read Full »
Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you take tablet Atorva (Atorvastatin) 20 mg once daily at night time before sleep for two months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicine. Some patients do complain of myalgia after using this dose. ...  Read Full »

What is the risk of high triglycerides?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having high triglycerides around 250 to 500, but very low LDL around 30 to 45 for the last five years. Kindly help. What should I do? I swim five days a week for 20 minutes daily. I am currently on tablet vitamin B12 and Zinc supplement. I have also attached my laboratory reports.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Increase in triglycerides of this level should be treated with Fenofibrate. I would recommend to reduce potato, rice and sweets. In case you consume alcohol you should quit it. Continue with swimming and in winters do jogging. For further doubts ...  Read Full »

Kindly help me reduce the higher values shown in my blood report.
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from stomach bloating and gastric problem. I had a blood test and the report is as below. Total cholesterol 208 mg/dL, triglyceride 253 mg/dL, HDL 38 mg/dL, LDL 119 mg/dL, SGOT (AST) 63 U/L, SGPT (ALT) ...  Read Full »
Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. My lipid test indicates that you have high cholesterol and high triglyceride in blood. This means that you have either higher fat content in the diet or metabolism of fat is not proper. Liver test indicates slightly higher SGOT (serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase)...  Read Full »

Please give me a detailed analysis of the test reports.
Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. My weight is 72 kg and height is 5'5". About a month back, my BP was 120/80 mmHg. I do not have any major complaints except for occasional gas or acidity or indigestion. Sometimes there is a sharp pain in the lower portion of legs, especially in the ankle and heels. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First I would like to appreciate your awareness on the health. Coming to your reports, (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your lipid profile seems to be abnormal which is of concern. High triglycerides, cholesterol and LDL (low-density lipoprotein) choleste...  Read Full »

What does high homocysteine level indicate?
Query: Hello doctor,I have got my complete blood test check done and found out that certain tests under different heads have high values (more than the reference range). I can send you this test in soft copy format and would like to find out if there is something serious about which I should visit a hospit...  Read Full »
Dr. Albana Greca
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your medical history carefully and the lab results you sent in (attachment removed to protect patient identity). High homocysteine levels are indicating that your diet is high in animal meat. This explains high triglycerides and high uric acid le...  Read Full »

Shivering while sleeping for a couple of seconds. What is the reason?
Query: Hello doctor, My father, age 67, while sleeping has shivers for a couple of seconds. This happens after an interval of 1 to 2 minutes. Is it something to be worried or concerned about? He is consuming BP control medicine Amlong 0.5 mg daily. No other ongoing health problems apart from his knee pain...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand all your concerns. I have checked the attached files and videos thoroughly (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can reassure you that these movements are due to hypotonia during sleep and not due to medical disease, nothing to worry about. I ...  Read Full »

Is surgery the only option in case of a heart defect such as ASD?
Query: Hello doctor, I recently went for an annual health checkup. I was diagnosed with a heart defect (ASD) and was recommended a surgical closure. In this regard, I need your opinion and guidance.  Read Full »
Dr. Amiya Kumar Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your tests reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you have ASD (atrial septal defect), which is corrected only by surgical closure. It is usually asymptomatic but, when the symptoms start, it will be too late for a surgery. At the most, you ca...  Read Full »

Kindly evaluate my blood test report and advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I did a blood test. Kindly evaluate it and give advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Ana Karen Pulido
Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your laboratory test is fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity) but you have your liver enzymes a bit over the limit of normality. The most common cause for this alteration is fatty liver. The less expensive way to know this for sure is doing a liver ultra...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on High Triglycerides? We have medical experts to help you right away.