High Wbc Count

Related Terms: Leukemia, Fever, Complete Blood Count, Low Wbc Count, High Lymphocyte Count, Platelet Count, Viral Infection

Should I be worried to have a high WBC count?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a high white blood cell count. It is more than usual. I got my blood tested. And the result is I have 12000 white blood count. In the report, it is written that normal count is up to 11000. Do I have to worry about anything? Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Y Siva Roja

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. White blood cells are a type of blood cells which are majorly involved in fighting infection in the body and are usually increased in amounts when the body is fighting against an infection and occasionally in certain other conditions. ...  Read Full »

WBC count is high. Will it cause TB?
Query: Hi doctor, My father is getting fever continuously for the last 10-15 days. There is no infection detected in any test, but he has high TLC (WBC count). What could be the probable cause? Could it be TB?  Read Full »
Dr. Nagaraj Patil
General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What is your father's age? I presume it to be around 55. Is he a diabetic? Continuous fever for 15 days with high blood counts more precisely differential counts warranty further and detailed evaluation to rule out hematological malignancies. Do not get frig...  Read Full »

Are the Increase in WBC Count can be due to Neurontin?
Query: Hi doctor, My husband, who is 49, had blood work done. It shows a WBC count of 40,000, which has been checked twice now. His doctor wants to send him to see a specialist. He has had no recent infections. There is no change in his appetite and no weight loss. He feels fine. He has been on Neurontin...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Yes, Neurontin - Gabapentin is known to cause high WBC (white blood cell) count. If there is no infection, then it is common to worry about leukemia when the WBC count is high. At present, the best idea is to get a periphe...  Read Full »

High fever and swollen lymph node. Is it a bacterial or viral infection?
Query: Hello doctor, My son has been sick with a high fever (between 101.7 to 103) and swollen lymph node on one side of his jaw right beneath his left ear, complained of pain in the neck, and pain inside his mouth. I took him to his pediatrician the following day and was prescribed Clindamycin 150 mg thr...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Here are the points I would like to bring across: The lymph node is quite inflamed as per the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that you sent. It may be inflamed in the event of any infection be it viral or bacterial. Your reports are showing...  Read Full »

Will high platelet count cause a blood clot or stroke?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother has high WBC count of 15,000, platelet count of 5,40,000, and hemoglobin at 11.2. Her ESR is 86, and CRP is also similar. She has a fever, which rises in the evening to 101. Can you please tell me what this denotes? Also, will the high platelet count cause a danger for a bl...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. High platelet count will not lead to thrombosis in the body. Do not worry about that. High platelet is because of reactive thrombocytosis, and that can occur in bleeding, anemia, infection, inflammation, etc. You have an ulcer in the colon, and it seems to be ulcerative...  Read Full »

My WBC count is above 10,000. Do I have blood cancer?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 26 year old female. Last year, my physician told me that I have an iron deficiency, and put me on supplements. My WBC count is 10,300 now. I have no infection, and I am not on any other medication. I am worried due to the high WBC count. I am attaching my CBC test report. Ple...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your CBC (complete blood count) report attached here (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The normal adult range for WBC (white blood cells) count is 4000 to 11000 cells/mcL. Your count 10,300 cells/mcL is within the range. Let me know if you a...  Read Full »

My child's WBC count remains high even under antibiotics. What is wrong with him?
Query: Hi doctor, My 4 year son is ill for past two weeks. Initially it was diagnosed as viral infection due to season change. He was given fever and cold medicine (Asthaline). Fever was mostly between 100-101 degree F.  He had occasional cough may be five times a day. He had the medicine for 5 days but t...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child has definitely got bacterial infection. From your attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) the reasons are as follows. His initial CRP (C-reactive protein) was 17.3 which has came down to 10.3. CRP is an acute phase reactant which indic...  Read Full »

I got fever with chills and WBC count is 11900. Is it serious?
Query: Hi doctor, I recently got a fever with chills and feeling cold. I took Dolo 650 and fever is gone but still continue to feel chills in my legs and sometimes feel cold. I went to the doctor. He asked me to get CBC test and routine urine test. In my CBC test, my WBC count is 11900, rest all are in no...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly let me know if any other symptoms you have like burning micturition, abdominal pain, dyspnea, etc. Your total WBC count not much raised, it is only slightly increased. In urine, 6 to 8 pus cells are not significant. So, it can be a viral infection and symptoma...  Read Full »

My iron is 4.2 and saturation is 5%. Are my lab values normal?
Query: Hello doctor, My current iron is 4.2 and saturation is 5%. Are there any medications that can help me correct my lab values?  Read Full »
Dr. Smrita Singh
Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Turbidity due to proteins, lipids and cellular matter is a potential problem with spectrophotometric estimation of any blood constituent including hemoglobin. The large dilution (1:251) of sample largely eliminates the problem, but falsely raised ctHb (concentr...  Read Full »

Should I be concerned about my abnormal laboratory results?
Query: Hello doctor, Though my doctors have not contacted me, should I be concerned with my abnormal laboratory test results? The laboratory results show cholesterol of 257 (critical high), total bilirubin of 0.24 (low), creatinine (urine) of 205.3 (High), WBC/HPF of 9 (High) and urine leukocyte esteras...  Read Full »
Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should contact your doctor if creatinine level and WBC counts are high. You should not worry about other tests. High creatinine level suggests some problem in your kidney. It may be directly or indirectly related to the kidney. But in both the situations, you shou...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on High Wbc Count? We have medical experts to help you right away.