Medical Advice on "Hiv"

Tri-dot is a third generation test for HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). HIV infection has a window period of one to three months during which these test results may be false negative. According to WHO (world health organization), all the test results are considered … View thread »

I have gone through the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Though the photo is not clear, I can make out slight redness on the glans. It may be due to irritation or fungal infection. Do not over clean the area. Clean the area with warm water twice … View thread »

HIV antibodies are formed two to six weeks post exposure. Three months is the latest time given. If the antibodies tests are negative after three months of exposure, then it is conclusive that you are free from HIV, provided there is no further risky exposure. You … View thread »

... difference between HIV and AIDS and how you can protect yourself from this life-threatening infection ... … View thread »

DNA PCR is a highly reliable test. The fourth generation is considered conclusive at four weeks after the last exposure. Hence if your tests are negative at this point, you could totally relax and take off the doubt of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) from your mind … View thread »

I have gone through your query and have noted your concern. HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) antibody screening test is highly sensitive at four weeks and thereafter. It accurately detects a majority (95 % sensitivity) of HIV-infected patients. However, in case of a … View thread »

Western blot is a confirmatory test for HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), not a primary one It is highly sensitive and specific. It comes positive in six to eight weeks of exposure. Regards. For more information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --> … View thread »

In four days, you would not test positive for the HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) antigen or antibody. The best option right now is to get the girl tested with a fourth generation Ag-Ab test if you are worried she could be HIV positive. You can get yourself tested … View thread »

You can go for PCR (polymerase chain reaction) analysis of HIV-1 RNA quantitative analysis. Psoriatic arthritis is not an autoimmune disorder like HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) infection. It is T-lymphocytes mediated. So, there will be no interactions with the … View thread »

I have read your query and understand your concern. Yes, the test is conclusive. Deep lip kissing transmits HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) through the saliva. Feel free to ask more information. Good luck. Regards. For further queries consult an obstetrician and … View thread »

Do you have a question on Hiv? We have medical experts to help you right away.