Hiv

Related Terms: Hiv Testing, Hiv Infection, Hiv Risk Factors, Elisa Test, Hiv Rna Pcr Test, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Hiv Symptoms

Query: Hello doctor,HIV 1 and 2 are nonreactive in the tri-dot test after 28 days of exposure. Should I repeat the test again for confirmation?  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tri-dot is a third generation test for HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). HIV infection has a window period of one to three months during which these test results may be false negative. According to WHO (world health organization), all the test results are considered ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with a woman for two to three minutes around four weeks ago. I took HIV 1 RNA test on 11th day which was negative. Again I took complete STD panel tests on 21st day with HIV-1 RNA and HIV fourth generation tests, all of the results were negative. But, I can notice sm...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Though the photo is not clear, I can make out slight redness on the glans. It may be due to irritation or fungal infection. Do not over clean the area. Clean the area with warm water twice dai...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,I have had unprotected oral sex for three minutes and she was not bleeding at the time from what I know. I got tested for proviral DNA PCR qualitative test at 10 days negative and duo test at 13 days negative. Should I go for more testing or consider it conclusive?  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you need further testing at four and 12 weeks. Regards. For more information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor,I had unprotected sex with a sex worker and after exactly 12 weeks of exposure, I did an HIV 1 and 2 antibodies and HIV 1 and 2 P24 combo test. It came negative. But, some guidelines advise repeating the test after six months. Should I consider my test conclusive or test again after six mo...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. HIV antibodies are formed two to six weeks post exposure. Three months is the latest time given. If the antibodies tests are negative after three months of exposure, then it is conclusive that you are free from HIV, provided there is no further risky exposure. You n...  Read Full »

Understanding HIV and AIDS

Article Overview: This article explains the difference between HIV and AIDS and how you can protect yourself from this life-threatening infection.
Dr. Vasantha K S
HIV AIDS Specialist

What Is HIV? HIV is a virus that attacks the immune system by destroying a type of white blood cells (called as CD4 cells) by making copies of itself inside these cells. As the primary function of these CD4 cells is to defend the body from illnesses, it gets progressively harder for a person af ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, Would the HIV DNA PCR tests at 14 days and fourth generation test at four weeks be reliable if it is negative? Symptoms as of now are joint pains since two to three months and sometimes a headache. I am a heavy alcohol drinker and smoker too.  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. DNA PCR is a highly reliable test. The fourth generation is considered conclusive at four weeks after the last exposure. Hence if your tests are negative at this point, you could totally relax and take off the doubt of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) from your mind...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,I had cunnilingus with an escort. After this encounter, I had an RNA PCR test at 15 days and anti-HIV 1 and 2 as well as p24 antigen test after two, four, six, eight and 11 weeks. All the results were negative. But, while some websites say that the result is conclusive after eight wee...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and have noted your concern. HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) antibody screening test is highly sensitive at four weeks and thereafter. It accurately detects a majority (95 % sensitivity) of HIV-infected patients. However, in case of a ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, What is the window period for HIV western blot test from the date of a suspected exposure? And, what is the accuracy of the test?  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Western blot is a confirmatory test for HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), not a primary one It is highly sensitive and specific. It comes positive in six to eight weeks of exposure. Regards. For more information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --&g...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I had unsafe sex with a lady four days ago. I am worried I could be infected. I just want a consultation. Till date, I have no symptoms, but there is a fear in my mind. Please advise.  Read Full »
Dr. Rashmi Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In four days, you would not test positive for the HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) antigen or antibody. The best option right now is to get the girl tested with a fourth generation Ag-Ab test if you are worried she could be HIV positive. You can get yourself tested a...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, One and a half years ago, I had unprotected oral sex. Two weeks later I tested positive for HSV-2. I started having sores in my anus. I was prescribed Acyclovir. But, unfortunately, it did not work for me. Four months ago, I had what I believed was ARS with chills, rashes, nausea, and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can go for PCR (polymerase chain reaction) analysis of HIV-1 RNA quantitative analysis. Psoriatic arthritis is not an autoimmune disorder like HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) infection. It is T-lymphocytes mediated. So, there will be no interactions with the ELI...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Hiv? We have medical experts to help you right away.