Medical Advice on "Hiv Testing"

... gone through your query and have noted your concern. HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) antibody screening test is highly sensitive at four weeks and thereafter. It accurately detects a majority (95 % sensitivity) of HIV-infected patients. However, in case of a ... … View thread »

Can HIV testing be a risk for me ... No, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) testing will not cause a risk to you … View thread »

I wanted to know what would happen if for instance a drop of sweat or alcohol or water or any substance landed in the vile that contained the blood sample used for HIV testingView thread »

Though HIV testing is not needed in your case, but to relieve yourself from the associated anxiety, you may get an ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) for HIV test done after 12 weeks of possible exposure … View thread »

But as far as retesting at six months is concerned, here is your answer ... Over years, there has been a significant improvement in HIV testing kits and therefore tests which are performed at three months give a final report … View thread »

I would also suggest checking for HIV testing if you are sexually active … View thread »

As per the testing guidelines, a repeat HIV testing should be provided to all individuals who have tested HIV negative, but where a possible exposure has occurred within the window period … View thread »

Given my test history, they also sent a sample of blood to have a lab test which I was told the next day needed further confirmatory testingView thread »

I have read on the internet that window period for HIV is three months and hence to confirm I have undergone HIV testing called ELISA ... Testing at six months is only recommended for those who has taken post-exposure prophylaxis with 72 hours of HIV exposure … View thread »

Do you have a question on Hiv Testing? We have medical experts to help you right away.