Hoarseness Of Voice

Related Terms: Acid Reflux, Voice Rest, Heartburn, Barrett's Esophagus, Breathing Problems, Chymotrypsin, Fluticasone

What can be done for horseness of voice which is lasting for more than a month?
Query: Hello doctor, I have problem in one cord and it is for about a month now. I was given Defcort and antibiotic for a week. Persisting for little over a month now.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since how long you have been having this problem? As per the picture, it has been there on only one cord. If it is early stages, conservative management can be tried. Did your doctor tell you about it? One month duration is a bit less to decide on surgery I feel. You s...  Read Full »

What can be done for fever and hoarseness of voice in 60 year old female?
Query: Hello doctor,This query is regarding my 60-year-old mother. She has fever and hoarseness of voice since three days. We did her CBC. Kindly suggest next steps.  Read Full »
Dr. Suresh Kanna Subramaniam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have not mentioned anything about any other symptoms or other associated illnesses let me assume there is nothing like that for her. Here your mother's CBC (complete blood count) is fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Nothing abnormal in tha...  Read Full »

Why is my hair thinning and losing volume after delivery?
Query: Hello doctor, After delivery, my hair is thinning in the front part and lost my volume. Could you please suggest any tablets to regain density?  Read Full »
Dr. Nirupam Kishor Joshi
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This happens due to hormonal changes occurring in the body. If you have any other symptoms like cold intolerance, constipation, hoarseness of voice or any other symptoms then kindly check thyroid functions. In homeopathy, we require detailed case history. You need to...  Read Full »

2.8 years old cried hard and developed hoarse voice. Is that due to crying or infection?
Query: Hello doctor, My daughter who is 2.8 years old cried hard before two weeks and developed a hoarse voice the next day. It subsided in about three days. Before a week, I remember her throwing tantrums and crying hard for every small thing and again developed a hoarse voice. I gave warm water and honey...  Read Full »
Dr. Vishal Parmar
Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax do not worry. She does not have laryngeal cancer (vocal cord cancer), it is a vocal cord abuse. It is due to screaming she is having hoarseness of voice, so it is temporary. Give her warm water and if she can gargle then let her do it with salt water gargle. Ba...  Read Full »

I am a singer.I have sore throat and unable to sing or even speak normally.Please advice.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old male and I have been suffering from sore throat for 2 and a half months now. It all started in late December. I am a singer, and I came down with a very light cold. Due to the weather, I had a light sore throat. During this time, I had to sing and speak loudly with ...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepti Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. You are a singer and that signifies the history of voice abuse which might be the cause. Due to voice abuse, vocal cords get fatigue and swollen which result in hoarseness of voice. All you need is a voice rest. Avoid talking as much as poss...  Read Full »

Shortness of breath and chest pain after breathing in steam
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old male weighing in 185 and 5'9". I do not take any medications. I am worried if I am at risk of any complications after having breathed in some steam/air at about 350 F. I was covering a pot roast I had just taken out of the oven when I accidentally took a breath of it...  Read Full »
Dr. Ritesh Kumar Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on the history, at times, though not very common, steam/air inhalation can cause inflammation of the airway leading to respiratory symptoms and even pulmonary edema. So, keep an eye on the following symptoms : If you develop hoarseness of voice, wheezing, strido...  Read Full »

What is the life expectancy in cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, My friend has been having left shoulder pain for months. For the last three weeks, he is also having the hoarseness in his voice (can barely speak) and little energy. He is eating well, but not gaining weight. He has no other symptoms. He is a carpenter and 50 years old. He smokes cigaret...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. I am really sorry to hear about his state. The description given by you with x-ray findings (attachment removed to protect patient identity) supports the diagnosis of lung cancer. Tuberculosis is a possibility, but it is less likely. Hoarseness...  Read Full »

Can severe acid reflux cause Barrett's esophagus?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old female. I was going through a lot of stress and started consuming alcohol at least 3 drinks a day. For the past 5 years, I have been suffering from acid reflux along with severe regurgitation and taking tablet Prilosec. I fell sick a month ago and taught it to be a res...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many causes of reflux. Hiatus hernia is one of the conditions. It is a major concern causing lifestyle limitation. I would like to know if you are suffering from any respiratory problem. Continuous reflux can cause stricture formation and dysphasia (difficult...  Read Full »

White Bumps Under Tongue, Two Weeks After Oral Sex. Is It Hpv?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old female, and I have white bumps on the back of my tongue. I also have painful white sores on the sides of the tongue. I have been getting painful sores on the tip of my tongue quite frequently for the past two months. But this time, the pain was severe. I did get some re...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your complaint and also the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that you provided of the lesion. As far as your history of painful sores on tongue tip is concerned, there can be various reasons. Most common are vitamin B12 deficien...  Read Full »

I have been having excess phlegm for last two weeks. Is it throat cancer?
Query: Hello doctor,I have been having excess phlegm for the last two weeks. It is sometimes green in color or clear color. Phlegm comes sometimes when I am talking. There is also hoarseness of voice. I smoke cigarettes, although trying to quit. Have not smoked for three weeks. Can this be throat cancer? I...  Read Full »
Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Throat cancer is the last diagnosis to be expected. Firstly, you have a bacterial infection revealed by the green sputum. So you have to take an antibiotic as Targo (Levofloxacin) 750 mg once daily for 10 days plus hot fluids. You must have an endoscopic examination of ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Hoarseness Of Voice? We have medical experts to help you right away.