Hopelessness

How to overcome the feeling of hopelessness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 55-year-old man. I have been suffering from depression for the last five months. I have been feeling tired and hopeless. I want your help for recovery. I am currently on Fluvoxin 50 mg BD.  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Depressive disorder or depression is a neurochemical disorder. A suicidal tendency is one main symptom of depression. You should be able to distinguish between mental disease and mental disorder. Your problem is a mental disorder and not ...  Read Full »

Why am I having a feeling of hopelessness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having feelings such as hopelessness, nervousness and shortness of breath. My ECG and lipids are fine and my physician advised no problem with my heart and breath. He says it is due to depression and anxiety. I have some vertigo. Sometimes I feel less control over my body, restles...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaint. You are suffering from depression and anxiety as per your doctor. If you are not seeing any improvement with these drugs then you can ask for increase in dose or consider switching to another class of drug after consultation with y...  Read Full »

Why do I feel tired and anxious after taking Abilify?

Query: Hi doctor, I am so anxious and sleeping 9 to 10 hours per day. It has begun when I start taking Abilify pills and Akineton. Why I feel so tired every day?  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please answer me a few more questions. Do you have any of the following symptoms? Persistent low mood, disturbed appetite, loss of interest in previously pleasurable activities, ideas of hopelessness, ideas of helplessness, ideas of suicide and persistent headache. Wh...  Read Full »

I have crying spells and I get angry easily. Are these symptoms of depression?

Query: Hello doctor, I am going through a mental breakdown. I give up on everything very easily. If I am at home, I tend to cry a lot thinking about my future. I am scared that my future is going to be bad. I try making up myself and getting strong. I get angry immediately and hurt others verbally and the...  Read Full »

Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I would like to inform you that the presence of mental breakdown in addition to irritability with sudden outbursts of anger, hopelessness, excessive concern about the future, fearfulness, sadness, crying spe...  Read Full »

Please suggest a treatment for feeling sad and depressed all the time.

Query: Dear doctor, I am a 21 year old male. I feel quite sad and depressed. I do not even want to perform daily routine. My life is monotonous. I get a lot of negative thoughts. I am so lazy and feel like I do not want to live. I am weak and I lack concentration. I do not feel like going out of my house....  Read Full »

Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Symptoms that are commonly present in a depressed patient are: Sad mood. Disturbance of sleep. Disturbance of appetite. Feeling of inappropriate guilt. Loss of interest in previously pleasurable activities. Loss of self-esteem. Hopelessness or worthlessness. L...  Read Full »

Are crying without reason, feeling useless and demotivated related to depression?

Query: Hello doctor, Do I have depression? I need to know because I think it will be a whole lot easier if I know and admit it myself. Last night I was crying without reason, it has been like this for five years now. I can go on not going out of my room for a week without eating and every time I worry too...  Read Full »

Dr. Aneel Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depression can be normal and can be a disease. Depression is diagnosed when a person has low or depressed mood for most of the day every day at least two weeks, lack of interest and pleasure in daily activities, other symptoms are sleep disturbances, appetite changes, p...  Read Full »

From my symptoms, please let me know if I am suffering from depression.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a medical student and want to know about if I am suffering from depression. I have mood swings. My concentration in studies has decreased. I have lost interest in activities, especially my hobbies and I have recurrent thoughts coming now and then. Sometimes, I could not sleep, or ...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.The sign and symptoms you have depicted are highly suggestive of depression.The standard features of depression are loss of pleasure in previously pleasurable activities, persistent sad or irritable mood, dysphoria (state of unease), lack of energy and enthusiasm, sleep dis...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for attention deficit disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from attention deficit and disturbed memory problems. It affects the speed of my work. Presently I am taking tablet Fenofibrate 145 mg once daily and tablet Avital once daily for high triglycerides and disturbed lipids. Kindly suggest a treatment for my above problems.  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com I have thoroughly read your query. But only with this much detail of symptoms, it is difficult to reach the diagnosis. So, please elaborate on your symptoms and answer a few questions. For how long have you been suffering from these problems? Do you have other depre...  Read Full »

How to minimize forgetfulness and disturbed sleep?

Query: Hi doctor, For a while, my memory has been really bad. A recent event with my memory is as follows. My alarm goes off at 7:04 AM and I looked at my clock at 7:05 AM and I could not remember how my alarm had gone off, which was only a minute later. But, things I memorized before some years are still ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By your two symptoms, it is not possible for me now, to provide you the exact diagnosis. Forgetfulness, sometimes a symptom of depression. It is called pseudodementia. Disturbed sleep and restlessness can also be associated with it. But, for diagnosis of depression, othe...  Read Full »

Why do I feel sad all the time?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel sad most of the time. I do not know why I am always like this. I am a 24 year old male, and I work as a network engineer.  Read Full »

Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The details you have provided about your problem are very brief. Although, if you have these problems for more than two weeks then you are probably suffering from a major depressive disorder. A major depressive disorder is a condition in which patients develop sadness l...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.

Ask a Specialist Now

Get Expert advice/consultation in 3 steps
1
Describe your health issue
2
Upload documents
3
Pay consultation fee