How To Lose Weight

Related Terms: Reduce Weight, Exercises, Weight Loss, Weight Reduction, Obesity, Lifestyle Modification, Depression

How To Lose Weight Safely and Steadily?
Article Overview: This article discusses the concept of physiological reduction of weight.  Read Article »
Dr. Divakara P
General Medicine Physician

Overweight and/or obesity is a growing problem in most of the developing and developed countries. Initially what used to be a problem after the 5th decade of life, is now seen from the second decade itself. The magnitude of this problem is always underestimated as most of the times it is the complic ...  Read Article »

Kindly see my reports and suggest how to lose weight.
Query: Hello doctor, I have a desk job, and I drive almost 3 to 4 hours, so I mostly feel tired. But, I have recently started working out and taking a protein diet. I recently got an annual check-up done, and I want you to see the attached reports, and give your opinion on them. I have been on a protein...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and saw your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You do have a raised total cholesterol, but considering your age, I would not advise any lipid lowering drugs as of now. I suggest you try doing the following. Cut down on ...  Read Full »

How can I get rid of heartburn and a bloated stomach?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old suffering from anxiety disorder, and I took some related medicines for a few years and still take Mirtazapine. I have weight issues from a couple of years. I do blood examinations regularly, which come back normal. Lately, I am having problems with heartburn. I had ...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All the symptoms are related to bowel disturbance. This is multiple issue disorder, as you are presenting with pain, excessive burping, and heartburn. And you also have constipation. This is called IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). All the symptoms are interrelated. See if...  Read Full »

Fasting and Its Implications on Health
Article Overview: This article talks about intermittent fasting and how it benefits the human health.  Read Article »
Dr. Sumaiya Jamil
Dietician

Research has found that fasting dramatically increases longevity and reduces the health risks like Metabolic dysregulation. Atherosclerosis. Cognitive dysfunction. People who are well-fed have more chance of weight gain and insulin resistance which increases the risk of Diabetes. Hyperte ...  Read Article »

Please suggest diet chart or tips to lose weight soon.
Query: Hello doctor, My weight is 81 kg and age is 18. I always try my best to lose weight but I cannot. I joined a gym today and really do not have any knowledge about nutrition. So, it is my request. Please suggest a diet chart or tips on how I can lose weight as soon as possible.  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Without prior knowledge of your dietary patterns, lifestyle, existing health conditions and family history, it is difficult to suggest a diet plan that is perfect for you. I will give you a set of tips. Always keep these in mind and continue your gym routine. You wil...  Read Full »

Please tell me about the vegetarian paleo diet.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old female, and I weigh 88 kg and my height is 160 cm. I am a vegetarian but I eat eggs. I am planning to start paleo diet to reduce my weight and before starting the diet, I got a blood test done. I am attaching my reports. Please suggest a vegetarian diet chart. What ty...  Read Full »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and according to it, you can go on a paleo diet. Which is good for your weight maintenance. But remember a vegetarian diet lacks some essential protein, which can only be supplied by non-vegetar...  Read Full »

Does high TSH value affect weight?
Query: Hi doctor,My weight is keep on increasing in spite of diet and regular exercise. I got my thyroid test done and it showed high TSH of 4.7 with normal T3 and T4. I am getting regular cold. What to do?  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your TSH - thyroid-stimulating hormone value is almost normal. Range we take usually normal is 0.5 to 4.0 mIU/L. Some differences are due to laboratory you choose and sample timing. The best is the early morning sampling. In such a situation there is no need to take any m...  Read Full »

How to reduce weight soon by following diet?
Query: Hi doctor, I started to follow a diet to lose weight and tried eating foods with low calories. I exercise a lot. I am scared to eat foods with high calories. I am not taking heavy meals. I am taking only my breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Also, I feel like foods in our house cause fattening in me. Ple...  Read Full »
Dr. Sunil Sekhri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I recommend you eat your breakfast and lunch which include salads, clear soups, boiled eggs without the yolk, sprouts, green vegetables, roasted chicken, and fish. Avoid fatty and fried foods, sweet foods and drinks. Avoid eating after 8 PM and dinner should have...  Read Full »

What is the root cause for water retention in legs?
Query: Hi doctor, I am obese despite doing yoga thrice weekly and eating healthy diet. I have the problem of water retention in legs and inflammation. Also I continue to gain weight. Please find the root cause.  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many conditions that can cause water retention like low protein levels, kidney problems, reduced blood flow to leg or thyroid problems. I recommend you to get the following tests done and revert back with reports. CBC (complete blood count), serum albumin, serum...  Read Full »

How to overcome my obesity problem? Please give me suggestions.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. I have an obesity problem. I have a weight of 88 kilograms and a height of 168 cm. Please give me suggestions for reducing weight.  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do regular exercise for five to six times a week. Do aerobic exercise along with weight training. Stop eating junk foods. Have a good sleep for seven to eight hours. Stop the habit of smoking and drinking alcohol, if you have this habit. If you have stress, then find wa...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on How To Lose Weight? We have medical experts to help you right away.