Medical Advice on "How To Lose Weight"

... concept of physiological reduction of weight ... … View thread »

I just read your query and saw your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You do have a raised total cholesterol, but considering your age, I would not advise any lipid lowering drugs as of now. I suggest you try doing the following. Cut down on … View thread »

All the symptoms are related to bowel disturbance. This is multiple issue disorder, as you are presenting with pain, excessive burping, and heartburn. And you also have constipation. This is called IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). All the symptoms are interrelated. See if … View thread »

I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and according to it, you can go on a paleo diet. Which is good for your weight maintenance. But remember a vegetarian diet lacks some essential protein, which can only be supplied by non- … View thread »

Your TSH - thyroid-stimulating hormone value is almost normal. Range we take usually normal is 0.5 to 4.0 mIU/L. Some differences are due to laboratory you choose and sample timing. The best is the early morning sampling. In such a situation there is no need to take any … View thread »

There are many conditions that can cause water retention like low protein levels, kidney problems, reduced blood flow to leg or thyroid problems. I recommend you to get the following tests done and revert back with reports. CBC (complete blood count), serum albumin, serum … View thread »

This is absolutely not a good way to lose 10 kg in 10 days. It can create several health problems. So, I suggest you do not do this. The best rate would be to reduce 4 to 5 kg in a month. About eating eggs, eating three to four eggs is ideal for weight … View thread »

You need to follow a high protein, low calorie and low fat balanced diet. Do not skip your breakfast. To control gastric problem you need to take food at proper interval. Do not let your stomach empty for a longer time. For hypertension avoid table salt intake and use … View thread »

There is no magic formula to lose weight. You need to observe the following points to reduce weight: Eat 1500 to 2000 calories a day. Exercise for 45 minutes to an hour every day for five days a week. Include aerobics and weight training. Sleep for seven … View thread »

... (ABW) calculator ascertains the adjusted body weight on the basis of the actual weight and the estimated ideal body weight ... … View thread »

Do you have a question on How To Lose Weight? We have medical experts to help you right away.