Hpv

Related Terms: Human Papilloma Virus, Genital Warts, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Cervical Cancer, Hpv Vaccine, Pap Smear, Electrocautery

Does HPV vaccine cure genital warts?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 50-year-old male. I had genital warts five years ago, had them removed via cauterization and received three injections of HPV vaccine Gardasil. The doctor said the vaccine would cure the virus, but after a year, warts reappeared and until now they are still in my scrotum, and th...  Read Full »
Dr. Satyajit Jalinder Pawar
Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. HPV vaccine is not a cure. It is for the prevention of HPV. It prevents the virus from entering in your body. But, it cannot act on cells which are already infected with the virus. About sex, there is a chance that with contact, virus can spread to your partner if n...  Read Full »

Is HPV type 73 virus transmitted only by sexual intercourse?
Query: Hello doctor, I want to know how the virus HPV type 73 is transmitted? I have heard that it can only be transmitted from sexual course but I want to be sure. My fiancee also has the virus.  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. It is true that HPV (human papilloma virus) 73 is transmitted through sexual intercourse. On the current date no other mechanism is known for transmission of HPV 73. Considering the fact that your fiancee has HPV, there is...  Read Full »

Can HPV in sexually active individual cause throat cancer?
Query: Hello doctor, I do not show any signs or symptoms. Instead, I just want accurate information on the subject of HPV in a sexually active individual. I would like to know its role in throat cancer. Yes, I know it can cause it, but I would like to know more regarding numbers. Is it rare? What percent...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cancer in oral cavity and larynx has many clear risk factors including smoking and alcohol consumption. Although human papilloma virus (type 16) is found in most oral and laryngeal cancers. There is no evidence that it is the cause of cancer. There are many studies on t...  Read Full »

Can HPV be transmitted by kissing?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a few warts on my leg and a barely noticeable wart on my penis. My doctor said that they look like HPV. He advised me to apply antifungal and steroid cream and wear condoms. The cream was not very effective even after four days. Can it be something other than HPV? Will condom...  Read Full »
Dr. Shobhit Shah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, a condom will prevent transmission. No, HPV will not get transmitted by kissing. The lesion on your leg can be due to HPV (human papillomavirus), but its probability is low. Genital warts regress spontaneously within months or years, but, the guideli...  Read Full »

I had HPV and LEEP 12 years ago. Are my current symptoms due to cancer?
Query: Dear doctor, I am a 32 year old female. I had HPV and LEEP 12 years ago. Now, I have the following symptoms: Bleeding during sex. Heavy periods. Extra painful abdomen pain. Heavy feeling of fatigue and headaches. Could I have cancer?  Read Full »
Dr. Gowrimeena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All the symptoms you have mentioned warrant a doctor visit with a full examination and Pap smear as a minimum, and colposcopy to be very sure. With your HPV and LEEP background, it is even more important that you get this done on priority. In all probability, it may be...  Read Full »

I am HPV positive and got treated for CIN. Am I prone to VIN?
Query: Hi doctor, Before a week, I had symptoms of itching in the vulva area. Later, two sores or ulcers appeared. One on the clitoral hood and another one on the right labia minora. It burns when I urinate. I am HPV positive, and I recently got treatment for CIN before three months. I have attached the p...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is better to have full investigations as you already have a history of HPV (human papillomavirus) and treated for CIN (cervical intraepithelial neoplasia). When did you have your las...  Read Full »

Human Papilloma Virus - HPV Vaccine and Cancer Prevention
Article Overview: A vaccine that can prevent cancer sounds like a distant dream, but it is true. The HPV vaccine is a vaccine available widely, which can prevent your children from many future cancers. This article is for the purpose of creating awareness regarding this vaccine.  Read Article »
Dr. Shalini Patodiya
Medical Oncologist

HPV (Human papilloma virus) vaccines have been widely available over a decade. But, a very few people have actually heard about the vaccine and a few have gotten vaccinated. This is the first and only vaccine available against cancer. Human Papilloma Virus: HPV vaccine prevents against human ...  Read Article »

Though I had HPV vaccine, I am getting warts. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a viral wart on my forehead. Is it caused by HPV? In my teenage, I had warts on my thumb. Even, my doctor gave me vaccine for HPV. Is that worth or useless?  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your clinical image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is confirmative for a verruca plana, which is a plane viral wart.All warts are caused by human papilloma virus (HPV); however the strains causing it are different. On the face, it is usually due to HPV 3...  Read Full »

Diagnosed with CIN1 plus HPV. Is this related to cervical cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. Recently, I have been diagnosed with CIN1 plus HPV. Is this same to cervical cancer? Please tell me more information regarding the same and also tell me how can I get it treated? I aborted my first child due to personal reason. Currently, I am taking medicine for HIV vi...  Read Full »
Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. CIN1 (cervical intraepithelial neoplasm) is neoplastic changes of the cervix. It is not cancer itself but the change towards cancer is seen. CIN1 is treatable. Most common cause of it is HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) infection. Since you currently do not have ...  Read Full »

Kindly clarify the statement regarding HPV in my Pap smear report.
Query: Hi doctor, About three months ago, I got a Pap smear for the first time and it came back with abnormal HPV positive. My doctor did not really go in depth. So, I proceeded to get another Pap smear with another doctor about a week and it came back normal. I asked the doctor about my HPV and he said e...  Read Full »
Dr. Sweta Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No need to get any further HPV (human papilloma virus) test as the repeated Pap smear was normal. Besides that, the more important thing in a Pap smear report is the histopathology. From what you say, it sounds as of the type of cells in the smear was normal. There is not...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Hpv? We have medical experts to help you right away.