Human Chorionic Gonadotropin

Related Terms: Beta Hcg, Unprotected Sex, Ectopic Pregnancy, Beta-hcg Level, Pregnancy Test, Urine Pregnancy Test, I-pill

Is intrauterine pregnancy possible with low hCG levels and brown spotting?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife has brown spotting and mild abdominal pain since a few days. We did beta hCG test three times, and the results were 257 mlU/ml, 437 mlU/ml, and 657 mlU/ml respectively. Once in a while, she feels a sharp pain on the left side lower abdomen. So, we checked for ectopic pregnancy by...  Read Full »
Dr. Aishwarya Parthasarathy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is very specific to pregnancy because hCG level when more than 1500 mlU/ml will reveal a pregnancy in a scan. Now you must understand that beta hCG doubles in cases of intrauterine pregnancy once in two days. Since the hCG value is l...  Read Full »

What is the reason for slow rise of hCG?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife went through sequential IVF 23 days back. I am attaching her hCG reports. Kindly check them. Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is produced during pregnancy. It is a hormone that supports pregnancy by allowing for the production of progesterone. There is sequential rise in hCG (attachment removed to protect patient identity) which suggests pregnancy and it can b...  Read Full »

How to maintain sperm count through treatment?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. I am taking HCG 5000 and HMG 150 injection twice a week. My sperm production has started from azoospermia. We have done IVF and it was successful. My doctor asked to take testosterone injection, but if I take this my sperm production will...  Read Full »
Dr. Deep Dutta
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) and HMG (human menopausal gonadotropin) are excellent choices to ensure a good sperm production, which is needed for fertility that you have achieved. However, this treatment combination rarely leads to normal testosterone levels, w...  Read Full »

Why is my hCG value too low?
Query: Hi doctor, My last LMP was 17th. As my periods delayed seven days, I had a pregnancy test. The beta HCG value was 355.30 mIU/mL. Why the value is too low than the normal range? Is this something to worry?  Read Full »
Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The human chorionic gonadotropin - HCG levels increase progressively. Actually, one value of hCG in itself is not significant. No diagnosis can be made based on one value. If you get another blood HCG test done after 48 hours and the value doubles compared to this value, ...  Read Full »

Does slow rise in hCG indicate any abnormality?
Query: Hi doctor, My hCG level is not doubling. What can be the reason? A week back it was 250 and now it is 423. Is this abnormal? Please suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) report can be relied, it indicates possibility of impending abortion (miscarriage). For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gyna...  Read Full »

My wife had two beta hCG tests and the values differ. How to confirm if she is pregnant?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife's period has been delayed for five days. Yesterday we took beta hCG test. The laboratory report says 500 mIU/mL, but they were not sure due to the technical problem. So, they sent the sample to another laboratory, and the result was 0.100. Even our doctor is confused now. Please h...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) more than 100 mIU/mL means your pregnant. Please repeat your beta hCG again in a different laboratory. Because two laboratories have given completely different values and in this situation, it becomes tough as to which value to rely...  Read Full »

I do not have bleeding even after taking Primolut-N. Do I need to worry about pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex with my partner on the 25th two months ago, and the expected date of my period was on the 19th of the same month. I gulped down an I-pill within six hours. Later, I had withdrawal bleeding on the 1st of last month. The bleeding lasted for three days. This month, m...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As the hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) test was negative, there is no chance of pregnancy for sure. Because hCG is the most sensitive and conclusive test. There was no apparent requirement for taking Primolut-N (Norethisterone) at all when the hCG test was negative...  Read Full »

After starting a new birth control pill, my periods have become irregular. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, Last month, I started a new birth control pill and I bled nearly about 20 days or more. This month I was really late. But, my boobs were extremely sore. I am extremely sexually active with my boyfriend. Then, I bled heavily for a few days with clots and the pain was so extreme. I had naus...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) levels are below 100 and are not rising, then there is no chance of pregnancy. However, these symptoms could be because of stress, strain, anxiety, work pressure, change of place, change in climate or hormonal changes due to...  Read Full »

Should I meet my gynecologist for missed period?
Query: Hi doctor, My LMP was 7th of last month. I have done my urine test and it came negative. Also, I have tested beta hCG and it is less than 1. But, I have missed my period without any symptoms. Why? Do I need to visit a gynecologist regarding this missed period?  Read Full »
Dr. Sonal Prasad

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since your beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) is less than one, you are not pregnant. So, we can safely suggest you medication to induce your periods. I suggest tablet Duphaston (Dydrogesterone) 10 mg three times a day. Consult your specialist doctor, dis...  Read Full »

I have a negative serum beta hCG level. Can I still be pregnant?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40-year-old dental surgeon with no past or present health issues and I am trying to conceive. I have a regular cycle of 28 days and I have consulted a gynaecologist before who has put me on Clomid for three months. I have also taken all the required fertility tests which show n...  Read Full »
Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your serum beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) result is also negative it definitely indicates you have not got pregnant in this cycle. The symptoms you have mentioned could also be possible because of the progesterone hormone secretion in the postovulatory...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Human Chorionic Gonadotropin? We have medical experts to help you right away.