Human Papilloma Virus

Related Terms: Hpv, Genital Warts, Cervical Cancer, Hpv Vaccine, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Pap Smear, Imiquimod

Human Papilloma Virus - HPV Vaccine and Cancer Prevention
Article Overview: A vaccine that can prevent cancer sounds like a distant dream, but it is true. The HPV vaccine is a vaccine available widely, which can prevent your children from many future cancers. This article is for the purpose of creating awareness regarding this vaccine.  Read Article »
Dr. Shalini Patodiya
Medical Oncologist

HPV (Human papilloma virus) vaccines have been widely available over a decade. But, a very few people have actually heard about the vaccine and a few have gotten vaccinated. This is the first and only vaccine available against cancer. Human Papilloma Virus: HPV vaccine prevents against human ...  Read Article »

I kissed someone who had HPV. Could I be infected?
Query: Hi doctor,I kissed someone who had HPV, about three weeks ago. I have been having diarrhea, nausea, and abdominal pain for the past three days. I also threw up today. Could I have been infected?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. HPV (human papillomavirus) is spread through sexual route. It is a sexually transmitted disease. The common mode of spread is through vaginal or anal sex. Sometimes, it can be spread through oral sex also. For diarrhea, symptomatic management is done as follows: ...  Read Full »

What should I do for facial warts?
Query: Hi doctor, I am getting facial warts again and again at the same place. I go for swimming every day. Is it because of that? I have undergone laser treatment twice and it went away with it. Now, again I have the same problem. What should I do? Is there anything that I can apply as I do not want to ...  Read Full »
Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Facial warts occur due to HPV (human papilloma virus) and some people are more susceptible to it due to some complex immunological parameters. They are too notorious to recur and avoid shaving for some time. Also, the probable treatment is electrocautery. Going to...  Read Full »

Is this brown spot I developed, a wart or a symptom of HPV?
Query: Hello doctor, A few months ago, a doctor told me that I had a genital wart. It looked like a flat mole to me. Eventually, it was removed. I want to know if this brown spot I developed recently is also a wart or a symptom of HPV.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Genital wart is caused by a virus, human papillomavirus (HPV). It is contagious, can spread from one person to another and can also spread to surrounding areas of the skin. I saw the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like a flat brown...  Read Full »

Kindly clarify the statement regarding HPV in my Pap smear report.
Query: Hi doctor, About three months ago, I got a Pap smear for the first time and it came back with abnormal HPV positive. My doctor did not really go in depth. So, I proceeded to get another Pap smear with another doctor about a week and it came back normal. I asked the doctor about my HPV and he said e...  Read Full »
Dr. Sweta Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No need to get any further HPV (human papilloma virus) test as the repeated Pap smear was normal. Besides that, the more important thing in a Pap smear report is the histopathology. From what you say, it sounds as of the type of cells in the smear was normal. There is not...  Read Full »

Small warts are spreading on my face and neck. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, Small skin warts are spreading on my face and neck drastically. Can you please suggest the cure for this kind of a virus infection? It started one and a half months back. But, I only recently realized that it is multiplying.  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern is verruca planae. It is caused by the human papilloma virus. Avoid shaving until you completely get rid of the virus. Start Zinfate or Zitcare tablets twice daily for three months. It is a pure zinc tablet which boosts up your immunity. I suggest you plan...  Read Full »

Apart from sex, how does HPV enter into body?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a doubt about the cervical cancer. I know that it is caused by HPV. What are the other channels for the entry of virus into the body apart from sex? If wife and husband both are virgin at the time of marriage and are sincere after marriage, is there any chance of getting cervical ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cervical cancer is caused principally by two strains of HPV (human papillomavirus) - 16 and 18. Though there are more than 400 serotypes present but only 144 have been identified till date and of these high risk types being 16, 18, 31, 33, 34, 45, 52, and 58 which co...  Read Full »

Do the flat bumps on forehead indicate warts?
Query: Hi doctor,My daughter is 16 years old. She has bumps on her forehead. They are flesh toned (flat top). They do not hurt or itch. They have been there about 2 years now (sometimes it seems they are more prominent than other times). She is at an age where they are starting to upset her from an appeara...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. They are flat warts, warts are an infection caused by human papillomavirus, it is contagious, better to get it treated soon. Linear pattern is called Koebners phenomenon, it is the formation of warts along the line of trauma or scratch. There is a major role of immunity...  Read Full »

Will there be any cure for HPV in the near future?
Query: Hello doctor, How common is HPV in our country?  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cervical cancer is the name of the disease caused by HPV (human papillomavirus) and this is leading cancer in women of our country and the second most common cancer worldwide. This means its frequency is very high here. The women at risk are 15 years of age and above....  Read Full »

Is HPV type 73 virus transmitted only by sexual intercourse?
Query: Hello doctor, I want to know how the virus HPV type 73 is transmitted? I have heard that it can only be transmitted from sexual course but I want to be sure. My fiancee also has the virus.  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. It is true that HPV (human papilloma virus) 73 is transmitted through sexual intercourse. On the current date no other mechanism is known for transmission of HPV 73. Considering the fact that your fiancee has HPV, there is...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Human Papilloma Virus? We have medical experts to help you right away.