Hypertension

Related Terms: High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Hypertension Management, Headaches And Migraines, Common Cold, Obesity, Cholesterol

Hypertension and Hearing Loss
Article Overview: This article discusses the association between hypertension and hearing loss.  Read Article »

Communication is an important aspect of human life and the sense of hearing is very important for any kind of communication. Hypertension is an independant risk factor for hearing loss as it alters the microcirculation in the inner ear and thus degeneration of the inner ear. Warning Signs of Hyperte ...  Read Article »

Hypertension: Overcome the Highs
Article Overview: This article talks about hypertension, a condition in which the pressure exerted by the blood, on the walls of the arteries, is too high.  Read Article »
Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar

Blood pressure (BP) is the amount of pressure exerted by the flowing blood upon the walls of the arteries. The normal value is around 120/80 mmHg. Your blood pressure value is considered as hypertension when constantly there is a blood pressure of more than 140/90 mmHg. It is diagnosed by checking t ...  Read Article »

Hypertension - How Aware Are You?
Article Overview: This simple quiz tests your knowledge and teaches you hypertension facts.  Read Article »
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Please check the answer key and get to know how much you know about hypertension based on your score. 0-3: You need to learn more 3-6: A little more knowledge is good for health > 6: Keep updating yourself Question 1: Hypertensive patients should avoid exercise a) True b) False Answer: ...  Read Article »

Hypertension and Skipping Anti-Hypertensive Pills - A Small Step Towards a Big Mistake
Article Overview: This article tells about the misconceptions prevalent among people against having anti-hypertensive pills.  Read Article »
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Blood Pressure and Symptoms - A Gist : Blood pressure is basically the pressure faced by the walls of the blood vessels when the blood is ejected from the heart with a level of force. Under normal circumstances this force is essential for the blood to circulate well in the body. Raised blood pressur ...  Read Article »

Hypertension medicines are causing side-effects. What medication to take?
Query: Hello doctor, I have hypertension and also suffer from asthma. I have been prescribed ARBs. However, I have experienced respiratory side effects (dyspnea) that lead me to discontinue the medication. The side effects are class effect and all drugs from this class will have these effects. I cannot us...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your health query and can understand your worries about hypertension and appropriate medications. Although thorough physical evaluation is mandatory here, I would assist you based on the details provided here. I would suggest you start afresh with li...  Read Full »

Can hypertension cause dilated cardiomyopathy?
Query: Hello doctor,I have a medical question actually. There is a 30-year-old obese female with no known history who comes to the emergency room. She presents with a 2-month history of shortness of breath and pedal edema. When she comes to the emergency room she is found to be in a hypertensive emergency ...  Read Full »
Dr. Amiya Kumar Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She is having HTN (hypertension) which may cause concentric LVH (left ventricular hypertrophy). EF (ejection fraction) 20 to 25 % with both pericardial and bilateral pleural effusion. You need to evaluate the cause of effusion both cardiac and pleural and need to exc...  Read Full »

Can hypertension cause severe headaches?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old male, who weighs 173 lbs. I am having severe headaches for a few days now. I am currently taking Percocet for this headache. I was told that I have hypertension. My blood pressure is 168/98 mmHg, and pulse is 120 and steady. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your headaches are probably caused due to your high blood pressure. A headache can also increase the BP, but not this much. As you are so young, the cause of hypertension should be found out first. So, I suggest you undergo tests like kidney function test, renal art...  Read Full »

Will hypertension cause early death?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40-year-old male with a weight of 98 kg and a height of 185 cm. I felt choking last month and I rushed to the hospital. It was there I got to know that my blood pressure was very high. In fact, I have been hypertensive for some time now. I did a series of tests including lipid, ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ritendra Nath Talapatra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are not likely to drop dead. You are hypertensive for a long time and that is why you are having left ventricular hypertrophy due to left ventricular remodeling. If you control your hypertension there can be reverse remodeling of your heart and your LV (left ve...  Read Full »

Is systemic hypertension the same as high BP?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 45 year old male. My weight is 96 kg and my height is 184 cm. My symptoms are breathlessness on exertion, neck constriction while walking, as well as on and off chest pain in the mornings that are unconnected with exertion. I am also suffering from severe sleep apnea. I had TMT pos...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am really thankful for your kind comments. You have always been so nice and a health conscious person. I want to assure you do not worry as everything is going to be fine soon. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health conc...  Read Full »

Please suggest hypertension medicines which will not cause dyspnea.
Query: Hello doctor,I have hypertension, and in my childhood, I suffered from asthma. I have been prescribed ARB (angiotensin receptor blockers) to treat my hypertension; however, I have experienced side effects that lead to discontinuing the medication. Losartan 100 mg caused nervousness. Candesartan 8...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry about it, as there are multiple options available. The side effects are class effect and all drugs from this class will have these effects and will not suit you. You need to change to other class of medicine. I suggest tablet Amlodipine 5 mg, once a d...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Hypertension? We have medical experts to help you right away.